• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hawaii,,,Diving the Big Island of Hawaii

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 RichardKoa

RichardKoa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Lived and did all my diving on The Big Island of Hawaii
  • Logged Dives:2500

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

Sept. thur April is Lobster season in hawaii

#17 RichardKoa

RichardKoa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

Hey there Travelnsj , Here's a dive I forgot about . We call it the naked lady dive . It's a 50 to 75 foot sail boat that sank in the small boat harbor near downtown Kona . The boat was called the naked lady . It caugth fire and sank I think in the 70sThe dive is about 110 feet .

#18 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

:twist: Richard thank you for the dive site info.

I tried to PM you but i do not think you are set up to receive yet. Another question i usually stay at the resorts north of Kona. This time i am staying in Kona.

Which hotel do you suggest King Kamala's or Seaside?

Thanks for the info,
Scott
You must endeavor to pursue!

#19 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

Just got back from Kona where I got one day of diving in (that was 25+ hours on 23 dives over the span of 8 days).  Manta rays, spotted and spinner dolphins, pilot whales were all great.  I'm a big fan of DiveTek Adventures (Keith, Chuck, and Colin do an awesome job)--they're head and shoulders above anyone else I've ever been out with.

Dan,

Besides the Mantas what were 6 or more of you favorite dive spots?

Scott

#20 RichardKoa

RichardKoa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:15 PM

Hey there travelnsj , For the dive sites I'll start with Kona . You have the Turtle cleaning station just out of the small boat harbour . The 3 room cave south of kona . Now for Kawaihee . the Kohala coast . You have Mahukona state park . You can do a shore dive there . You have the Sunken Pier . That's just out of the small boat habour in Kawaihee . Another shore dive max depth 10 to 30 feet . The dead end of puako . Another shore dive lots of caves there . For boat dives in Kawaihee you have Frog Rock , KK caves, Frash water cave , horseshoe cave, ulua cave , As you can tell lots of caves . If you do go with a dive shop on the Kawaihee side . Use Kohala Divers LTD . Please do not use mana kea divers .

#21 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

There is a new dive show going to be in Hawaii next year early Feb which I think would be really cool to participate in AND plan a dive trip around. Any interest in doing an SD trip there? The show will be Feb 4 & 5th 2006 at the Hawaii Convention Center!  www.hiexpos.com

It is the first one and I think it would be great to participate AND dive!

With enough notice, I would definitely consider this trip!! What island is it?

If its at the Convention Center, probably Oahu.

Kamala, is it the Blaisdale??

Here is the website...www.hiexpos.com

Right now that is all I know.

This is on Oahu. The Convention Center isn't the same as the Blaisdale, but both are here. My house is open to anyone who wants to come out for this and save on the hotel bill.

And for those who may find the water too cold out for diving at that time, Feb is also whale watching season.
"

#22 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

Hey there travelnsj , For the dive sites I'll start with Kona . You have the Turtle cleaning station just out of the small boat harbour . The 3 room cave south of kona . Now for Kawaihee . the Kohala coast . You have Mahukona state park . You can do a shore dive there . You have the Sunken Pier . That's just out of the small boat habour in Kawaihee . Another shore dive max depth 10 to 30 feet . The dead end of puako . Another shore dive lots of caves there . For boat dives in Kawaihee you have Frog Rock , KK caves, Frash water cave , horseshoe cave, ulua cave , As you can tell lots of caves . If you do go with a dive shop on the Kawaihee side . Use Kohala Divers LTD . Please do not use mana kea divers .

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info.

I have been to the turtle cleaning station 3 times.....Never saw a turtle :birthday: LOL. But i will look at a couple of your other suggestions.

Did you see my other note about staying at King Kamala's or seaside? Which do you perfer?

Thanks, Scott

#23 RichardKoa

RichardKoa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:55 AM

Hey Travelnsj , i forgot about your other note . Seaside and king Kamala both are good . I think seaside would not be as crowded as king Kamala . Have you ever though of a B&B . Check on this B&B B&B in kona He also has a boat . :usflag:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users