• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hello Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:51 PM

My name is Marla and living in guess where?? Cheeseland :dance: This community looks like a great place to be. Found it reading one of Walter's posts on SB and glad I decided to take a peek to see what's happening.

I haven't had the pleasure of exploring the underwaterworld outside the US yet, but have done some local diving as well as several Florida trips. Celebrated dive #50 New Year's Eve in Florida with Walter and several other wonderful people.

If you need a buddy near or far, give me a shout I'd love to meet up and dive. Always looking for an excuse for a vacation :)

#2 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:56 PM

Hey WisconsinGirl! Let me be the first to :dance: you to our home. We hope that you call this your home also.

If you ever to get to Texas, there are quite a few of us on this board that would get with you and show you around our state. We also have one of the best diving, in my opinion, right in our own backyard. It's about 110 miles off the coast of Freeport called the Flower Gardens National Marine Sanctuary. Some of the best diving that I have done so far...a bit challenging at times, but great nonetheless.

Again, welcome and enjoy your new home. If there is anything that we can do for you or you just have questions in general, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Zendiver
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#3 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the Welcome!

I'll put Texas on my list of places to explore and dive! Thanks for the offer :dance:

#4 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:09 PM

Welcome WisconsinGal from chilly Ontario, Canada!

Glad you made it here and I hope we can get together for a dive sometime!!

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#5 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the Welcome! That would be great!

Ohh geez, here I go already telling a fib :) , I've been outside the US once, for a ski trip in Thunder Bay.. Had a Blast. Beautiful country :)

It's chilly here too. Mother Nature continues to tease use every now and then with 50 degree temps but then decides to dump a load of snow just to remind us that it ain't over yet.. :dance:

#6 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:40 PM

Marla,

I'm glad you found your way over. Feel free to invite others.

Is there a better way to bring in the New Year than on a dive?

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#7 warren_l

warren_l

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:800+

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:31 PM

Hi Marla and welcome! Cheeseland, eh? The land of the green and gold? I hear there's some good diving to be had out your way.

#8 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:48 PM

Howdy Marla! :dance:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#9 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for Warm Welcome from everyone!

Yes there is definitely some great diving to be had out my way.. Particularly Lake Wazee. That's where I've done most of my local diving. A bit chilly when you hit those thermoclines, but definitely tolerable.

Walter I'll definitely pass the info on to others. Regarding New Year's... I can't think of a better way to ring in the New Year, than being with friends and an enjoyable dive!

#10 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:21 PM

Welcome WisconsinGal
I came over from the other site also. i find this place very exciting because we are at the ground floor of a great idea !.my hats off to Wreck Wench for her faith, Zendiver for the tecno geek he is and Walter and Walter for ? And Walter for being himself no no no Walter for being like Fox News he is Fair and Balanced.

Mike :dance:
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:36 PM

Hi WisconsinGal! I'd like to personally welcome you to SingleDivers.com It was the brainchild of several people who went on the January trip we did in Cozumel and it has turned out to be a really cool little endeavor. Our goal is to GO DIVING and that we plan to do a lot of VERY SOON! Please check our trip calendar for upcoming trips as well as the trips section on the board. Our second goal is to create a really fun diving community for both single non-married divers and single buddyless divers. The chatboard is one of our ways to create that community. Everything you see on the site so far has been a suggestion from someone so PLEASE let us know what you'd like to see us add to the site via our Feedback section and of course if you have any questions or problems please use our Site Support section! And of course...please tell all your friends about us! Tanks for jumping in....ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#12 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:09 PM

Hey Wisconsingal,

Welcome to SD.com from Texas... glad you decided to come and explore the site and hope to dive with you one day.

Dejah

#13 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:18 PM

Hi Wisconsingal, and welcome! Look forward to diving with you. I think there is some kinda trip planned for mid June....thats out of the country! Hope you can make it.

Gar
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#14 ZenKim

ZenKim

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 10:16 PM

Welcome Marla from Wisconsin!

Hope to dive with you sometime!

ZenKim

#15 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:36 AM

My name is Marla and living in guess where?? Cheeseland :cheerleader: This community looks like a great place to be. Found it reading one of Walter's posts on SB and glad I decided to take a peek to see what's happening.

I haven't had the pleasure of exploring the underwaterworld outside the US yet, but have done some local diving as well as several Florida trips. Celebrated dive #50 New Year's Eve in Florida with Walter and several other wonderful people.

If you need a buddy near or far, give me a shout I'd love to meet up and dive. Always looking for an excuse for a vacation :fish:

Welcome Marla! I am new herre my self and have found it to be a great place. Can't wait to meet the group in Grenada. Next time you make it to Florida stop by Palm Beach for a dive! .... Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users