• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The SD Don't be Buddyless in Bonaire Trip Report..

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#46 sun50

sun50

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

No noodling in this boy's thinking......just good times and good people!

#47 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

:LOL"

Edited by drdiver, 21 June 2005 - 07:48 PM.

There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#48 sun50

sun50

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:48 PM

BTW, DrD;
Do the local LDS's there have the line of Pirate T-Shirt's. One of my shop's has a whole line of pretty cool shirts.

#49 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

Arrghh. You've touched a sore spot there. We're makin' our own T-shirts cause we can't get what we want.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#50 sun50

sun50

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

I'll set a heading there Thursday and let you know what they have. If my old memeory serves me well(?), they 16 for white and 18 for black.
I'll let you know. I also have a a bottle of Pusser's for SD consumption on the 4th
weekend!

#51 Seahorsewrangler

Seahorsewrangler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:14 PM

Since NCMasterDiver gave the long version already (well done, too) I'll give a short version. Diving was excellent and even made better with a wonderful Dutch sweety DM. I enjoyed all Bonaire had to offer and my kudos to the BuddyDive staff, they were extremely accomodating with our needs and did an excellent job.
I would/will be happy to visit again and hopefully with a larger group -seems that things run a lil smoother with a larger group ( one group there had 60+divers) and the conflicts with diving styles/personalities are diminished. I went with no expectations and came away with hopes of diving again with new friends soon.
AKA Cap'n Sam Roughknuckles The Bernese mountain dog

#52 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:41 AM

So I guess that makes the Falklands part of Europe, too?

Not according to my logic, Jamie... but it would probably be consistent with that of some others!

#53 DivingDolly

DivingDolly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, DivCon in training
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:33 AM

Hi everyone!

My trip report starts with AJ cancelling my flights. I ended up on Continental to Aruba and to my amazement was bumped up to first class because I was traveling alone and someone made a huge stink about wanting my seat. Their loss. What a wonderful first leg of travel. I met Elizabeth in the Aruba Airport and since we were going to room together had time to get to know her a little before arriving.

At Bonaire airport we were met by Buddy Dive staff and the ever smiling faces of Jerry and Jeff. They were trying to be there for each plane arrival to greet all of us if possible not knowing which flights anyone was coming in on. Thanks guys!

Bright and early the next morning was a big breakfast and check out diving. Elizabeth than picked our first shore dive to be "1000 Steps", what a grueling first shore dive. It is well worth the stairs up and down, but it drained me on the first day.

Will not to make this go on forever. I met some wonderful people, saw and took pictures and movies of great underwater life (pictures will be coming). I would go through airline hassles again for company and experiences I had. I was fortunate to have my departing flight screwed up because it afforded me an extra day to rest and recreate with Jerry. We were left alone Saturday morning when everyone else departed. I look forward to seeing Jerry on other dive trips in the future. As he said, I reserve a special place in my heart forever also for Jerry. I thought we weren't going to talk about the hammock though. I think we were the only ones who found it.

My only true sad point of the trip was coming home at 12:00 Sunday night to my beloved puppy dog "Puddin" who was sick and in pain and having to say goodbye to him 13 hours later.

To everyone waiting for pictures, they may be a little delayed as I get the pieces of my heart together, but I'll get them.

WW, thank you for fitting me into this trip and I look forward to saving up for more to come, hopefully starting with St. Lawrence diving.

#54 NCMasterDiver

NCMasterDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Board Status:ready to dive......
  • Cert Level:AOW - Enriched Air (nitrox)
  • Logged Dives:154 +/-

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:16 PM

I posted a few of my Bonaire 2005 pictures in the gallery. All photographs are some of the sites around the island. More to follow as time permits. Enjoy!

Jerry

Attached Images

• 93951846JSItLP_ph.jpg

As long as you have faith, there is hope.

#55 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

Man, that is a lot of bull!!! NICE!!! :welcome:

#56 NCMasterDiver

NCMasterDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Board Status:ready to dive......
  • Cert Level:AOW - Enriched Air (nitrox)
  • Logged Dives:154 +/-

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:22 PM

Reckon if Mandrake the monkey and the old bull can handle Grenada? Lots of bull and monkey business...but then Que wanted to ride something with the wind blowing through her hair. Michells can't be far behind!

As long as you have faith, there is hope.

#57 rkohler1

rkohler1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

Posted a few of my pictures from Bonaire tonight, hope they are ok. If anyone has any ideas what that one is I would appreciate the info. Thanks.
Rick
USAF (Ret.)
------------

"We've got a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
- The Shoveller (Mystery Men)

When in doubt, just call 1-800-829-0433

#58 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

Nice looking photos guys, thanks!

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#59 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the awesome photos guys! Now I wanna go to Bonaire!!!

#60 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:26 AM

Nice pics!!! Esp. that chain moray. My guess would be one of the variant forms of lettuce coral Agaricia perhaps carinata, but that's certainly debatable. Do you remember how deep it was and were you using a flash when you took that pic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users