• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Rules for Men

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:25 AM

sports, business, women. But then how many women want to communicate about those topics?

Well, I do talk about sports with my male online friend. And we talk about business, like in how much our companies resemble Dilbert's workplace. As for women, well, he talks about old girlfriends, his former wife, etc. And I talk about my former male companions. Does that count? :(

#62 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:27 AM

People think Dilbert is a comic strip. It's not ... it's a documentary.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#63 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

Real love: my SO makes a special trip to the store to buy me a bottle of Kaopectate when my biological functions aren't functioning properly.

Imodium works better. :(

#64 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

I would  feel more embarrassed buying the Victoria's Secret stuff ...

Bri, just think of it as a great big toy store!

Nah! The great big toy store is the LDS. Too bad you haven't seen the Candy Store in Mallorytown, ONT to really experience that feeling. Just leave the CC in the car!
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#65 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:08 AM

Okay, time for the Canadian :( to clarify a few things (we are soooooo sensitive on a few things...) :diver:

There are some issues with our health care system but all in all the service up here remains excellent. I recall my mother having to have emergency surgery in CA and being asked by the nurse "Isn't it nice to be receiving 'proper' care?" My mother did not agree and, in fact, found the day to day care in CA to be the same as at home or, in some cases, somewhat worse. I also must say that Canadians are appalled to see that every q-tip is accounted for on a bill.

I remember when I lived in California and later talking to friends in WA that people were aboslutely shocked that a woman does not need to carry materity insurance in order to be covered for having a baby. I was shocked that women down there did need to have that insurance.

And just for Colleen, the legal age for drinking varies from province to province. In BC as with most provinces it is 19. It is only 18 in Alberta and Quebec... :lmao:

#66 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:21 AM

THANK YOU!!! I have had this conversation with multiple guys and I am shocked with the ones who tell me that there is absolutely no way they would ever even stand in line with their SO while she was buying tampons. Buying them for her was out of the question. Hello, most women wouldn't have issues buying guy products. What's the difference?

I never understood that either. I was married for 17+ years and had no problem purchasing female products. My only problem was that she had to be specific (brand, etc) otherwise I would bring home the wrong stuff. It's not that I was embarrassed it was that I really didn't know the difference between one and the other..

Okay, time for the Canadian  :(  to clarify a few things (we are soooooo sensitive on a few things...) 

Yeah, you guys hate being referred to as the 51th state.. :diver: just kidding!!

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#67 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, you guys hate being referred to as the 51th state.. :( just kidding!!

'cause we're NOT!!! :diver:

#68 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (GentDiver @ Jun 22 2005, 09:21 AM)
Yeah, you guys hate being referred to as the 51th state.. cool2.gif just kidding!!

'cause we're NOT!!! biggrin.gif

It's the burning question of our time. All the great leaders sit and ponder,

"What is to be done with Canada?"
:)
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#69 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:54 AM

"What is to be done with Canada?"

Ooooh! ooooooh! I know!!!!

Let's go DIVE it and search for sunken treasure!!

:)

Posted Image
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#70 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:56 AM

BTW - Terrance and Phillip are SWEET!
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#71 Kawika

Kawika

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Open Water & Enriched Air Diver
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:20 AM

I also have no issues purchasing tampons, pads or any other assorted feminine hygeine products for my woman either. As some have noted above...it is all about caring for the person you are with. It isn't as if she is asking you to cut off your arm or something...she's simply asking you to run an errand for her. As far as intimate apparel for women goes...I'm a connoisseur when it comes to that... :) I love to purchase things for my woman to wear...and I have no problems going into Victoria's Secret or Fredericks of Hollywood by myself or even with her by my side...I'm also an official Angel card holder at Victoria's Secret... :) Now I just need to work on becoming an Angel card holder here on SD.com...I hear membership has it's privileges... :blink:

Edited by Kawika, 30 June 2005 - 10:22 AM.

Kawika Iida
Sugar Land, TX
Christian
United States Military Academy Class of 1995 "With Honor We Strive..." F1/F4
"Do not go where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail..."

Anyone looking to rent a room in Sugar Land, TX?

#72 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:17 PM

COMMUNICATION...

...You relate to her problem and share a similar experience.......+50

David... nice try... but...

Whoever you got this from... is telling you incorrectly. She does not care nor does she want to hear about your lame "similar experience"... it's her problem... and interjecting "your problem" into the monologue makes it a conversation! She doesn't want to converse... she wants you to listen and console and agree with her at best. She doesn't want anything that sounds like your advice either... and if she asks for it... well, if you're "stoopid" enough... go for it! :D Maybe not then... but some day it will come back on you like butterscotch pudding on the exorcist! (or was that split pea soup?) I guess both... so look out! :welcome:

ITB... :diver:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users