• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hello to all

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 bann

bann

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for all the Hello's, Welcome's and B-day greets. (just don't make me act my age please :P ) I look forward to diving on some of the trips, NC of course at some point. And Walter & Marvel, (or anybody else) anytime you are down in the Gulf Coast area, let me know, with the Oriskney coming, this should become a popular area. And I will try not to lurk too much :) Thanks.

#17 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:38 PM

Darlin',

I live in the Gulf coast area. It's a long coast. You're a good 9 hour drive from this part of the Gulft coast.

I love diving up there. I'll be coming up right after the Bonaire trip to dive with friends in Panama City. I'd love to meet you then if possible. Of course, you might consider joining me for a dive in the middle, say Gainesville area?

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#18 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:41 PM

My brother went to UofF ... I don't remember anything in Gainesville that's divable without alligators in it! Did I miss somewhere?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#19 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:49 PM

Lots of places to dive in the general Gainesville area, Jamie. I doubt there's anything in Gainesville proper, but nearby are several springs. I was thinking she might join our group for Memorial Day if she doesn't already have plans. We might need a bigger 3rd spring if more folks join, but that's ok too.

DSSW,

WWW™

#20 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:51 PM

My brother went to UofF

Mine too, but we don't talk about it much.

DSSW,

WWW™

#21 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:15 PM

Lots of places to dive in the general Gainesville area, Jamie. I doubt there's anything in Gainesville proper, but nearby are several springs. I was thinking she might join our group for Memorial Day if she doesn't already have plans. We might need a bigger 3rd spring if more folks join, but that's ok too.

I thought K said the trip was full? And no 'gators in the springs?

I doubt our brothers crossed paths ... mine's 26.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#22 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:23 PM

You're probably right. Mine graduated from UF 26 years ago.

The official Single Divers trip is full. This is an informal pickup trip. I wouldn't be mentioning it yet if the official trip weren't already full.

And no 'gators in the springs?

I hope we get to see some. Cool!

DSSW,

WWW™

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,670 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for all the Hello's, Welcome's and B-day greets. (just don't make me act my age please :P ) I look forward to diving on some of the trips, NC of course at some point. And Walter & Marvel, (or anybody else) anytime you are down in the Gulf Coast area, let me know, with the Oriskney coming, this should become a popular area. And I will try not to lurk too much :) Thanks.

Hey girl...we'd love to have you join us for NC over the 4th of July...that trip will rock!!!

And we still have some space on the Bonarie trip but the air is starting to rise so you'd have to move quickly! Just signed up another person today as we are nearing the cut off!!!

Glad you won't be lurking anymore. It really isn't too hard to post things especially when you find that people laugh...giggle and are very friendly to you when you do!

We are really a great group of people and you'll be thrilled you decided to not be shy and jump in! That I promise!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#24 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:42 PM

My brother went to UofF

Mine too, but we don't talk about it much.

Hey! My daughter's a Gator- be careful, she might BITE you ( or Mom will do the honors)!!! :P- notice the great big teeth....
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#25 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:44 PM

Hey! My daughter's a Gator-

You can explain it to her.

DSSW,

WWW™

#26 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:52 PM

... ( or Mom will do the honors)!!! :P- notice the great big teeth....

Where does THAT line form?

#27 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

Where does THAT line form?

Lauderdale by the Sea in SE Florida.

DSSW,

WWW™

#28 bann

bann

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 05:58 PM

OK Walter, your on to me, I am geographically challenged (must be from the confusion created by those that say I live in Lower AL) Oh, and I am also computer challenged, I can't even get those little smiley faces to appear, what's up with that? And I can't figure out the quote boxes either (Yes I'm blond) but I like to dive so it sort of balances????? I would love to do fun dives on Memorial weekend but I have to work, my free time comes in the fall and winter so maybe I can look at the NC trip in the fall. Again, thanks for all the greetings......

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,670 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:09 PM

OK Walter, your on to me, I am geographically challenged (must be from the confusion created by those that say I live in Lower AL)  Oh, and I am also computer challenged, I can't even get those little smiley faces to appear, what's up with that? And I can't figure out the quote boxes either (Yes I'm blond) but I like to dive so it sort of balances?????    I would love to do fun dives on Memorial  weekend but I have to work, my free time comes in the fall and winter so maybe I can look at the NC trip in the fall.  Again, thanks for all the greetings......

Hey girl...I just figured them out too! When you are typing and want to use a smiley...just move your mouse over to the smilie you want and click on it. It will automatically enter it into your post for you! You can also manually type the code for the smile which you'll see as : anna : but without the spaces or otherwise if you type it without the spaces you get the actually smilie :anna: See what I mean?

Ok for the quote boxes. When you want to quote someone else's text go to their post and click on "Quote" in the upper right corner. That will open a new box for you to type your comments and their comments will be in box below yours. If you want to delete some of the content just highlight what don't want and hit enter and it will disappear. Or leave it as it and it will quote ALL of the person's post.

To see if you did it right click on the "preview post" button and it will show you what your post will look like. If you like it...then click on Post and you are done!!

Did that help!! Let me know...I'm blonde too so I can relate!!! -ww

P.S. Walter...would you be a dear and add this question to our site support help faq? Thanks, -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#30 bann

bann

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

Ok for the quote boxes. When you want to quote someone else's text go to their post and click on "Quote" in the upper right corner. That will open a new box for you to type your comments and their comments will be in box below yours. If you want to delete some of the content just highlight what don't want and hit enter and it will disappear. Or leave it as it and it will quote ALL of the person's post.

I think I got it!!!!! Thankyou, I can learn new tricks :lol: :lol: Ok maybe not too many at one time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users