• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

12 Miles of I-81 pass through WV

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Warthog

Warthog

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox, & Night
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:47 PM

I had to take a rather extended trip on I-81 today. As a result I got to see all the help headed south for hurricane Dennis. I spent about 30 minutes on I-81 and must have seen at least three dozen utility trucks headed south.

I couldn't help but feel both proud and sad at the same time. Proud that, for all our differences in this country (or the world for that matter), when it really matters, we somehow manage to come to eachother's aid. Sad because of the reason they are going.

My house is about a 16 hour drive to northern FL. Those guys are making that trip followed by what I'm sure will be several long days (weeks) of work. I don't know if they get paid overtime or volunteer (or a little of both). They're going, and that's all that really matters isn't it?

Please keep our friends (locals and relief workers) down south in mind tonight as you go to sleep in your own, comfortable, safe, warm, bed. For a great number of people don't get that option tonight.

-Warthog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users