• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Drum Roll Please...

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:00 AM

. . . I'm still not keen on overheating before the dive (sorry SDM!).  It was enough to try the suit on in the diveshop and have sweat rolling off of me because it was such a hot day!

I dove dry two days this past weekend. My new 100 gram (versus the prior 200 gram) Thinsulate thermals made it much more tolerable in the 95 degree air and piercing Florida sun. It was hot, but after I rinsed off with the boat's hose, and then when I entered the the 85 degree surface water, I felt much better.

On the bottom, it was 75. All the wetsuit divers were cutting their dives short. After they ascended, my buddy and I had the whole wreck to ourselves for about twenty minutes.

Hmmm. I changed my mind. Everyone, keep diving wet. Don't get a drysuit! :twist:
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#92 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:10 AM

Went to the doctor today and he advised all I can do at this point is take Sudafed all the way through since the residual I am dealing with is a fluid build up behind the drums. He knows I am going diving and told me if it is not clearing up in a week to come back.

I used to get ear infections a lot in the past but I have never had one linger like this! ohmy.gif

Hmmmm. Hope you are going to an ENT for this. There are some nasty antibiotic resistant strains of S. pneumoniae and Haemophilus around that can be hard to get rid of.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#93 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:21 PM

Mine is an outer ear infection (aka swimmer's ear) which I am prone to. This one just threw me for a loop because I developed fluid behind my eardrums as a result. Am currently high on Sudafed. I will report whether it starts working in the next couple of days. Heck I may just stay on it because I like the loopy feeling I get from it! :twist:

#94 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

Heck I may just stay on it because I like the loopy feeling I get from it! :D

Gee...I guess I assumed you were already on Sudafed! :teeth:
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#95 sun50

sun50

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:12 PM

Mine is an outer ear infection (aka swimmer's ear) which I am prone to. This one just threw me for a loop because I developed fluid behind my eardrums as a result. Am currently high on Sudafed. I will report whether it starts working in the next couple of days. Heck I may just stay on it because I like the loopy feeling I get from it! :teeth:

Michelle you have got to clear that!
I had that issue in Cozumel and the Dr. there gave me an anti inflammatory injection and I was back in the water the next day. If you don't clear up soon, go beg your physician for some meds.
Doug

#96 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:02 AM

Just looked at this thread for the first time and wanted to say thanks for some good info. My drysuit came the day before I headed off to North Carolina and now that I am back, I am looking forward to getting in the water and trying it on. Yup, you will soon have another drysuit convert. Well, at least in the cooler waters. Cozumel and 82F is bathing suit water for me.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#97 dive_addict

dive_addict

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI, Trimix
  • Logged Dives:2.7

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

I love my drysuit! But sometimes I still dive wet. I even dove my wetsuit this weekend in 50 degree water! (But that's because I'm a good friend and let my buddy use my drysuit)

My neck seal used to rub my neck raw after a weekend of diving. I fixed that problem, but I was curious as to how many other divers have had this problem.
Life's a beach, then you dive!

#98 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

So your K-Y really works? :teeth:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#99 dive_addict

dive_addict

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI, Trimix
  • Logged Dives:2.7

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:12 PM

Yes, the K-Y works great!

And for the neck seal I use seal saver. :birthday:
Life's a beach, then you dive!

#100 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:49 PM

Speaking of K-Y... Did you hear about the newly weds that got the K-Y jelly and the wood putty mixed up? All their windows fell out. :teeth:

#101 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:06 PM

Speaking of K-Y... Did you hear about the newly weds that got the K-Y jelly and the wood putty mixed up? All their windows fell out. :teeth:

chinacat,

I haven't laughed that hard in long time!!

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

that is too funny

Kim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users