• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Say Cheese!!!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Funewgy

Funewgy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:43 PM

An avatar is simply not enough. 125 x 125 pixels is no more than a large stamp. We need some pictures of you in action -- diving, drinking, hurling, or any other PG-13 hobby you'd like to share with us. I would recommend sharing the R-rating and beyond pictures, but that would get me banished to siberia.sd.com.

If the picture comes with a story, let's get that with the photo...just keep it moderately clean. :)

I'll start...this is me drift diving in Bimini in July. For the record, I highly recommend flagrant Corona board shorts by the way. Your buddy may ditch you, but he'll never lose you in those babies. Plus is scares the crap out of the sharks.

Attached Images

• Funewgy.jpg

Edited by Funewgy, 06 August 2005 - 03:44 PM.

"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call" -- J. Buffett

#2 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

Float diving. I, OTOH, am diving the Black Bart off Panama City and just found a knife. Since Talk like a pirate day is coming up next month.............

Attached Images

• Arrrrr_med.jpg

Edited by Walter, 06 August 2005 - 06:06 PM.

No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#3 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:37 PM

This is one of my favorite pic's...
But It has a story that goes with it!
This was takin on a dive trip to Costa Rica and I was with a group of divers from Spain. The lady on my right well her husband took the photo and the lady on my left her husband was holding a speargun at my C*Y**()! and I was able to get off a smile when the one husband said the speargun was on safety :welcome:

B2B

Attached Images

• IMAG0050.JPG

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#4 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

A bit dated, but it's a self picture of me having fun. It's blurred not on purpose, but because I forgot to bring the flash deflector for my aquashot, hence I got shot with both the built-in flash and the external strobe. The result wasn't too bad for something rather artsy-fartsy:

Edited by Brinybay, 07 August 2005 - 02:28 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#5 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:46 PM

Neat, thanks for sharing! Here is a recent picture of me diving at Manatee Springs. I love the way the duckweed lets the sunlight in, and the 50mm lens shows the beautiful trees above the springs.

Attached Images

• donnamanateesprings03_05.jpg

#6 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

Ok, some of the Roatan Trip (a year ago) divers/cd viewers might be interested in this one.. two things..
The first, a short story long, diving in Dominica, bored with running into the same divers each dive, I flipped them off...out of boredom.. when asked initially I just said I was bored, didn't know what else to do (tired of waving, OK or thumbs up) so just on a funny whim, gave the bird... as an alternative to the OK sign.

Well it caught on and by the end of the trip, everyone was doing and to the dive master who, by that time, was becoming a PITA... so, on consequent trips, when ever I wanted to say "OK" I'd just flip them off, laugh a little and then move on.

The second part is the white hat. Traveled the world, backpacking and now diving.. have had it for some 20years and try to wear it in unusual situations/places etc..

soooo... with that in mind....

voila' a "Flippen Hat" dive

over the years it's been a funny "Howdy" hello, what's happening etc... and to those that know me (which is the only time I do it for obvious reasons) they flip it back... we both laugh and shake our heads and go about our business..

Attached Images

• undrwtr_up.jpg

Edited by fbp, 07 August 2005 - 09:47 PM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#7 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:49 PM

The first, a short story long, diving in Dominica, bored with running into the same divers each dive, I flipped them off...out of boredom..

Was diving in Dominica really that boring? I had heard such great things about it, and it came in a close second on my last big dive vacation 6 weeks ago. It was high on my list to visit...didn't you see anything interesting besides other divers? :unsure:

#8 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:27 AM

Float diving. I, OTOH, am diving the Black Bart off Panama City and just found a knife. Since Talk like a pirate day is coming up next month.............

Walter,

I believe it is "talk like a pirate" day, not "be a pirate" day... :P

#9 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:49 AM

This was on Davis Ledge Memorial Day weekend, the whole time Blue Dolphin was framing this picture a damsel was attacking my hand for being on his or her algea patch, if they were bigger we wouldn't dive! :twist: :fish:
Sunshine, my daughter did her OW check out dives in Manatee Springs and always commented on how beautiful the duck weed was on the surface.

Attached Images

• post_98_1123520512.jpg

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#10 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:01 AM

Float diving.  I, OTOH, am diving the Black Bart off Panama City and just found a knife.  Since Talk like a pirate day is coming up next month.............

Walter,

I believe it is "talk like a pirate" day, not "be a pirate" day... :twist:

Aye Lassie, that's what I said.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#11 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

Would you like a little sushi with that cheeze?
This is our fearless leader getting a little tail in Coz back in January.

Attached Images

• cz224.JPG

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#12 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:31 AM

This one is from the Nai'a web page and I'm not sure how took it and before you say something that's a sulu I'm wearing and not a skirt!
This Fijian is teaching us some new dance steps.

Attached Images

• FiDancing.jpg

Signed and Dated

#13 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

that's a sulu I'm wearing

And to think, I thought he was the guy driving the Enterprise all this time!!!

:twist:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#14 Funewgy

Funewgy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:22 PM

Here I am in Miami demonstrating the proper off-gassing technique.

Disclaimer: I am a professional loafer. Please DO NOT try this at home.

"The weather is here I wish you were beautiful" -- J. Buffett

Attached Images

• post_98_1123532897.jpg

Edited by Marvel, 08 August 2005 - 05:52 PM.

"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call" -- J. Buffett

#15 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

Sunshine, my daughter did her OW check out dives in Manatee Springs and always commented on how beautiful the duck weed was on the surface.

Neat...does your daughter live in Florida? ...and nice sulu! :birthday:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users