• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

diving with contacts

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 scubahoney

scubahoney

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:38 AM

Hey Chie-can you bring a copy of your contact lens RX to class Monday?
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#32 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:54 PM

hmm...maybe....i'll see if i can find it but no guarantees....my doc's supposed to call me back for my appointment this week anyways.

#33 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:55 PM

I have a prescription mask too but it annoys me cause i have to take out my contacts to use it so i mostly just use a regular mask if im going in the pool and stuff. Chie, are you trying to steal my dive buddy... you have yogaboy!!! See you ladies tonight
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#34 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:01 PM

Wouldn't you have had better look selling alcohol to sorority girls CT?

I did that too. Sloppy just isn't what I look for in a lady.

#35 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:09 PM

good point darth.
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#36 cyclingmike31

cyclingmike31

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:37 PM

I'm stuck with hard gas perm contacts. I wear them part of the time when diving. I have lost a few, that's what my older lenses are for. You can do every skill with your eyes closed, including mask removal and replacement. If you can't, you need to practice it, you may need to someday.

I am stuck with gas perm lenses too. I've already tried getting out of them via Lasic or another operation. Only problem is that my vision is so bad that it would take several months out of contacts before I could have the lasic procedure. During that period my Rx would change several times since the constant pressure from the hard lenses have kept my Rx the same for the last 12 years.

I've been lucky and never lost a lens yet. I carry a spare set of lenses when I dive just in case if one pops out in the drink.

-Michael
-Michael
AKA - Charlie ...The Keeper of the Angels and the SD Photo guy on trips

If you are Single or Buddyless and looking to dive with other single divers, visit us at http://www.singledivers.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users