• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Fox and Hound Happy Hour ...DFW 8-26-05

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:49 AM

Well...I can official say that yesterday started off pretty challenging... click here to see what I mean! But the SD Gang certainly made up for it last night at the DFW (and greater Houston) Happy Hour! :cheerleader:

We had a wonderful area for all our members...John aka Platypus Man you outdid yourself getting us loads of free munchies and of course the libations were impeciable...although I never seemed to get a bill thanks to TDTexas! :cool2:

We had several new guests including Penny thanks to Twinklez...(now don't forget to help her come up with a fun screen name!) and Kevin aka BigTallHippie (renamed several times last night but that's later in the story!) who brought a great friend who is not a diver...yet! I'm sorry I forgot her name but I do recall she was so friendly and fun so I hope we see her again! Plus BTHippie was going to help HER create a screen name too!

I got to meet a lot of new members last night including GoingDown, Scubatooth (who signed up for NC October) and AggieDiver (who decided he wanted one of the open spots to Fiji) and of course Twinklez who is recruiting enough members to start up the Tyler TX chapter of SD!!! :cheerleader:

Well the title says it all...we had surprize visitors from HOUSTON!!! Ms Punk...ScubaPunk that is brought her designated driver with her who was our very own "TheSassyRabbit" no less! So add another credential to the Rabbit's extensive credentials as the SD-HDD (SD Houston Designated Driver) and you have the makings of an awesome time!!! Although several members did have to help with some minor surgery on the rabbit's foot...her luck held out and it was remedied with some TLC! (James my man...you've got the touch!)

Pool was the draw for many members and I saw balls flying everywhere. Then I learned that BigTallHippie has been holding out on his Indian heritage and is really BigTallOneBallHippie...or was that BigTallHardBallHippie???? :cheerleader:

All I know is I see this big white ball go bouncing across the pool table and I hear Kevin say...don't worry...that's my ball...just call me BigTallOneBall or something like that!!! There were LOTS of witnesses so I'm sure someone else can clarify this mystery! :cheerleader:

DustBowlDiver was there helping to get people to sign in on our Guest List so that their attendance could be verified in our NEW CONTEST for HAPPY HOURS!!! Click here to enter online! and was telling me some story about 'being a prize'...hmmm I'll have to hear that one again! :cheerleader:

Ms Fingrabber was there as was Ms. Sea Urchin and everywhere you looked...the platyvision camera was in motion. It even caught the infamous Hawaiian Halucination song on film...what a riot!!! And the infamous 'SD Happy Hour Ending Song" sung to the tune of M-I-C-K-E-Y...which you just gotta hear!!!

I know there were more people there and it was great seeing everyone again...meeting so many new faces and new guests! And again...thanks to all the people who drove so far to be there...Tyler is quite a haul and so is Wylie TX but of course the Houston Bevy of Beauties...aka ScubaPunk and TheSassyRabbit certainly get the award for longest distance and longest drive!!!

It was great...in fact...I can't wait for the next one! Any chance we don't have to wait an ENTIRE month to do it again????? :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:38 AM

WW is right - the DFW HH rocked last night! The thought of driving to Dallas, attending a HH, and turning around and driving straight back to Houston wasn't so appealing when we started our journey on I-45 yesterday afternoon, but the DFW gang totally made it worth our while! The evening had the makings of a novel - mystery, inuendo, blood, and .... a lot of laughs. Thanks to all of you!

First and foremost... the biggest thanks to the Punk for being such a great travel buddy... and partner in crime. We went through an impressive number of huge blowpops on the way up there and back :cheerleader:

Thanks to John, Kevin, and John for being there to welcome us with open arms after a long drive. It was a pleasant surprise to see DBD - we thought he's be in Austin on Friday evening!

I didn't know about WW's tough day when we were at the HH last night, but having read about it now, I have to say I understand why Tom was sent to ensure that you and Kim actually made it to the event. Glad you did! And of course, Que.... who always looks like the Chestshire cat. I hope Kim adequately explained the big and little balls to you last night :cheerleader:

Let's see. Kevin's ball story took a fun twist. I think I heard BigTallOneBall, BigTallNoBall, BigTallBigBall, BigTallLittleBall .... and a whole lot of other BigTall-ism's that were too funny to recount. I bet that is the ONLY part of the night that John didn't get on the Platycam. By the way John, all parties on the video get veto rights on the upload man....

And, of course, there were the pool games. Mark is a pool shark ... I highly recommend being his partner... or waiting until he's had a few drinks and starts shooting the ball off the table before you put any money down with him. Thanks to Robert - who's SD name made every woman get the warm fuzzies when he introduced himself :cheerleader: - for being such a patient partner. I definitely didn't help his pool game record any - then again he didn't help mine either when gyrated those good lookin' Wranglers in front of the destined pocket when I was shooting :cheerleader: On the other hand, I picked up a number of great tips, and improved my game (which didn't take much :cheerleader: ) by partnering with "feel my tight rear end" James (oops... am I telling too much now?). Maybe sweet Penny should tell that story.

But speaking of James.... he definitely gets my vote for best wound care partner. He was fabulous after our little incident - I'd want him to take care of me anytime! J - You'll be happy to know my babies were fine, but freaked out b/c I forgot to leave a light on when we left (it was perfectly light out then!). The drapes were completely on the floor when I got in, but otherwise, the house was in good shape. My hero though was Kevin's girl-friend (yes, yes, the one without benefits and whose name I sadly can't remember right now) who had THE most impressive first aid kit in her car. Hello! A group full of divers, and it was the non-diver who had the rescue kit. Go figure :cool2:

Twinklez - after this chance to talk to her more extensively, I can say - after hearing the story of the disappearing man and how you handled it - you're one creative lady! Tina is a super sweet woman you guys....

I know there are a couple of people I've left out of the mix here - including the sweet guy who Robert and I had the pleasure of creaming in a pool game. I'm sorry if I didn't mention you by name :dltears: You were a wonderful group and again, I'm glad we made the stealth trip. Okay, off to a baby shower.

Thanks again for a GREAT Friday evening. This HH ranked right up there with our get togethers in Houston (heh heh). Have to hand it to you - it will be a hard one to beat anywhere! Look forward to seeing you all again - hopefully sooner than later.

#3 divin aggie

divin aggie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:24 AM

Most definately a lot of fun had by all.....had the headache this morning to prove just how good of a time I had....I will say that I am not sure I have "blushed" that much in a while....

It really was a pleasure seeing some of yall again and meeting some of you for the first time. I would mention names, but then I would leave someone out for sure and I am not going to get in trouble!!

Thanks to all who turned out with a special thanks to our Houston buddies who made it up for night...INSANE!!, but glad you came just the same.

Look for to seeing yall again soon

M
GIG 'EM AGGIES

I am not as good as I once was....but I am as good once as I ever was

Toby Keith

I aint ever seen a hearse with a luggage rack, you cant take it with you when you go.....

Paraphrased George Straight

#4 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:39 PM

Good time had by all by evidence it was hard to make it to work on a Saturday which is never fun to begin with! :cheerleader:

Thanks to the Houston crew for coming up but next time we are making you stay! :cool2:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#5 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:40 PM

I know there were more people there and it was great seeing everyone again...

Oh yeah, how about your driver who made sure you showed up this time! :cool2:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

I know there were more people there and it was great seeing everyone again...

Oh yeah, how about your driver who made sure you showed up this time! :cheerleader:

Yes...I can safely say that had you not come to get me...I'm not sure I EVER would have made it!!! You were awesome! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#7 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

Sounds like you guys had a great happy hour. My happy days is continuing. I left Denver Biz class on a United 777 to LAX. I started off with Jack Daniels and got to LAX around 9:30pm. Checked in at Singapore and was traveling Raffles class so I went up to the lounge and continued with the Jack Daniels. The flight left at 1am saturday morning and of course continued with more J.D. Traveling in Raffles class they have this seats that go extend to 6'6'' long and to 8 degrees not quite flat but close enuff. They have 60 on demand movies as well as many TV shows and over 250 CD's to choose from. Singapore does things in style. I watched two movies before falling a sleep around 5am(LA time) and then slept a good 6-7 hours. First stop was Taipei at 5am Sunday(arrived an hour early). Had two hour layover there and went to the lounge and drank screwdrivers(Happy Daze continues). Got back on the flight for the four hour trip to Singapore and continued with Champagne and screwdrivers but not in that order. The food was excellent and non-stop. Got to Singapore at 11:10am and went to the lounge. This being Singapore Airs headquarters the lounge rocks(not to mention the airport). The lounge had showers as well as tons of food and booze and internet(which I'm currently using). Big screen TVs and lots of newspapers and mags. The shower was killer and I changed out of long pants and polo after the shower into shorts and Hawaiian shirt for the next leg of the trip to Bali. I've been pounding the J.D.'s here in the lounge as well as continuing to stuff my face. Also had to have a Tiger beer on tap as well. I don't know if I'll ever be able to travel economy again(that is until I see the price- I'm using FF miles for this trip). I don't leave for Bali till 4:40 pm and it's currently just before 2pm. I did make it down to some shops and bought a box of Romeo y Juliets(25 to a box) for $80US. I'll be smoking these with my 3 friends I'll meet up with in Bali today. One should be there now and the other two get in after me. Well my J.D. is getting low and the Haagen Daaz is also calling so it's back for some more food and booze till I head to Bali. When I get back I'll tell you about the diving and not the drinking and eating. Let Happy Daze continue.

#8 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:13 AM

Sounds like chinacat46 is off to a good time, but what about us in the DFW area??

Thanks to all of you that came out, its always great to see old friends Platypusman, JAMessner, TDTexas, Fingrabber, WreckWench, Sea Urchin, DivinAggie, and BigTallHippie plus 'friend' and a few new folks like goindown and scubatooth!!

A special thanks go out to the out of towners: twinklez and her friend Penny, grayfins, scubapunk and the sassy rabbit.

Have you ever asked the question why some folks drive 4 plus hours to attend one of these things and yet area locals don't make it??

And it makes me wonder................................ :dltears:

:thankyou: again to all who came and to Platypusman for doing the legwork to set this up!!! :lmao: :lmao:

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#9 Kamala

Kamala

Everyone knows me

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:38 AM

Have you ever asked the question why some folks drive 4 plus hours to attend one of these things and yet area locals don't make it??

They just don't know how much fun they are missing??? :thankyou:

#10 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

All I know is I see this big white ball go bouncing across the pool table and I hear Kevin say...don't worry...that's my ball...just call me BigTallOneBall or something like that!!! There were LOTS of witnesses so I'm sure someone else can clarify this mystery! 

I caught it! I caught it! Yep! I had the pleasure of catching BigTallOneBall's ball! Now that's a prize! Quite interesting too - it's rather hard! :o Had to return it though. He needed to finish his game. I think he was in the process of being beat badly by Sassy and GoingDown. But then again...I hear he likes the beatings. :lmao:

Que.... who always looks like the Chestshire cat. I hope Kim adequately explained the big and little balls to you last night 

No one told me the difference between the big ones and little ones. Do the big ones last longer? :o

"feel my tight rear end" James (oops... am I telling too much now?). Maybe sweet Penny should tell that story.

Yep, Penny pioneered the Single Divers Butt Rub Friday night! Rules are open though...this is a freestyle event that all can participate in. It's up to the operator to determine the specifics! :P

Thanks to Robert - who's SD name made every woman get the warm fuzzies when he introduced himself ...... when gyrated those good lookin' Wranglers in front of the destined pocket

Yeah Baby! And oh does he know how to use that stick. No, not just because he managed to slide it under the hem of my little black dress. Though he was very good at positioning, it was more how he used it to sink those balls in exactly the right place. :o

My hero though was Kevin's girl-friend (yes, yes, the one without benefits and whose name I sadly can't remember right now)

Anita or Nita...I believe. Gorgeous blonde with beautiful big blue eyes. Go Kevin!

Twinklez - after this chance to talk to her more extensively, I can say - after hearing the story of the disappearing man and how you handled it - you're one creative lady! Tina is a super sweet woman you guys....

Thanks Sassy, but don't tell too many of the men that I'm sweet; I've worked hard to convince them that I'm a wild and crazy vixen! :o

and to Platypusman for doing the legwork to set this up!!!

I really have to say that without Platypusman our HH's might be a lot different. He goes the extra mile to ensure that everything is just right when we arrive, and then being the gracious host that he is, he stays to make sure everything goes as planned and everyone, I mean EVERYONE, has a GREAT TIME! John, thanks so much for a great evening Friday night!

Twinklez is recruiting enough members to start up the Tyler TX chapter of SD!!! 

Penny and I dove at Clear Springs Scuba Park and met up with at least five other single men interested in singledivers.com. We gladly shared the cards, calendars, and magnets Wenchie provided and told them about the great time we have at Happy Hours and dives. Expect to see some new divers register from the Tyler and Longview areas. We may call this the North East Texas chapter (we're just a little spread out here, but there are lots of us!) There seems to be plenty of men, so we need to work on finding more women divers out our way. But then again, it might be more fun to keep the men all to ourselves! Penny won't complain! :o

Que - I'm really glad you came Friday night. I hope to see you when we get together for another Texas SD Roundup, and of course at the Happy Hours!

You know...I never did get my pink lacy...well...those back. I even wore my black ones hoping for a trade. Seems Trimix took them with him to Austin. Does he really think they're earmuffs? Come on now, it's not "that" cold down there, and I don't think they'd look as sexy on his ears as the would....you know.

We tried real hard to get Kevin to do another table dance for us. Figured the pool table was a little stronger than the table we used at Don Pablo's. Just couldn't get him to do it after he lost his ball on the table - darn!

To all of you who had hopes of being there and couldn't make it - we sure hope to see you at the next Happy Hour!

Twinklez

#11 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:54 PM

There seems to be plenty of men, so we need to work on finding more women divers out our way.

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

#12 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

Sound like no one was seriously hurt or injured mentally or physically. Sound like good time had by all. Sorry I missed it. Hope my lap dance partner doubled up on duty.

See ya'll in September - where and when?

How is that dive trip to Stillhouse coming along guys - post a new thread and let us know your up to date findings.

#13 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:12 PM

How is that dive trip to Stillhouse coming along guys - post a new thread and let us know your up to date findings.

Is that the place in or near Belton??? I'd sure like to hear more about it!

BTW - the fellow with the long hair says you took my pink, lacy ... well, yeah to Travis with you. Too bad, I had a really nice black pair for trade. Hope to see the pink ones again soon. Maybe the next HH? Please? I really fond of them..and uh...well, they get a lot of attention. :respect:

#14 Big Tall Hippie

Big Tall Hippie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

Ok, I had a great time. I had 3 friends come out and join me. 1. Anita(The Blonde)2. Terri (Black Hair) 3. Delona(Brunette). I think I got the hair color right , but the only way to know for sure is to check the curtains :welcome: . But alas I am friend without the benefits. I keep applying but the have never accepted my benefits package that i offered :birthday: . They said they had a pretty good time. Thanks to everyone for being so nice to them. I am sorry about posting this late, but this weekend has been very busy. It was great seeing the Houston people and everyone else. We missed you Trimix, I never got the full chance on the lap dances. Robert and I tried to distract sassy as best we could but either she could not see or or the lights were too dark. I did not drink as much this time around due to having to drive afterward. If I could get punk or sassy to drive me home afterward as long as it is not to Houston. It was tough keeping my balls on the table, my only saving grace was that twinkle caught it and not some dude.
There were so many things to remember I will try and add some more later on today.

#15 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

The August HH video, Part One is now online. Click HERE to see it.

..presented in glorious Generation II Platypiivision.

Note: if you are having trouble viewing the mpeg, try downloading it to your local system and then playing it, after that, I have no clue...

Platypusman
..wielder of the PlatyCam!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users