• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Calling All Southern California Divers

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:05 PM

I will for sure be there.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#17 globug

globug

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced padi

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:48 PM

I'll be going on the Sunday with a few friends--let me know if anyone is going on that day and we can meet up there--Glo

#18 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:43 PM

aww, jex...you promised to drive your car to athens so i could wash it. <sniffle> fine! other priorities before me, i understand. :dltears: have fun at the show.

#19 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:20 PM

Well, Ana (Wrinkles) is diving today so I will post. We met Scott (DiveScoop) at the Scuba Show yesterday, and as promised, he came through with passes to the show AND seminars. :cool1: Thanks, Scott!

I had never been to the show before, and I enjoyed it. I bought a mask and tried on drysuits for size. Ana and I went to a seminar with tips on safe interactions with SoCal sealife... it was called "Stupid Animal Tricks", but they were mostly common sense things, like what things not to touch, what things were too delicate, etc. For example, we learned that you can attract the larger, shyer Sheephead Bass by grinding two rocks together!

We met up with some people from this Board, as well as many from ScubaBoard. All in all a fun day!

Thanks again Scott :-D

Jennifer

#20 globug

globug

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced padi

Posted 23 May 2004 - 06:28 PM

Sapphire--Glad Scott came through for you since he said he had tickets for me and didn't come through--The show seemed smaller then past years, not too many equipment manufacturers, lots of dive destinations and dive operators though! Glad I went! Gloria

#21 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:02 PM

glad you guys had a good time...rocks, huh?? i wonder if that'd work in the carribbean.....

#22 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 23 May 2004 - 07:45 PM

...rocks, huh?? i wonder if that'd work in the carribbean.....

It does, but ya gotta be patient, it takes years for Sheephead Bass to swim all the way from California.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#23 passion diver

passion diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Aow / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Only 15 great dives!!!

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:29 PM

Jamie,
nice to see you at the scuba convention.... what did you think? I got there kind of late, so I was rushing through to see everything. But I got some good info that I wanted on regs and masks with buddy communication devices. I also bought some of those heat packs.... way kool.

~Elaine

#24 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:45 PM

i'm glad you guys had fun at the show. hey jexy, you missed a smorgasboard of bikinis & one speedo this weekend.

#25 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:00 PM

Jamie,
nice to see you at the scuba convention.... what did you think? I got there kind of late, so I was rushing through to see everything. But I got some good info that I wanted on regs and masks with buddy communication devices.  I also bought some of those heat packs.... way kool.  

~Elaine

Hi Elaine!
It was great to see you and your daughters there as well. I wound up spending all day there and it was awful. Wall-to-wall, booth after booth of gorgeous places I NEEEEEEEED to go. I wasn't really in the market for anything, so I wasn't too tempted.

Oddly enough though, I ran into the guy who did my first open water certification nine years ago! Haven't seen him since, and it was great to see him again.

i'm glad you guys had fun at the show. hey jexy, you missed a smorgasboard of bikinis & one speedo this weekend.

So where's the pics? And what did they think of your speedo? :lmao:

Edited by jextract, 24 May 2004 - 02:01 PM.

"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#26 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:07 PM

not my speedo! although i did get to twirl it around my fingers above my head and toss it back to it's owner. :lmao: i'll do that to yours in bonaire, i promise.

were there any new toys at the show that needs to be added to my don't-really-need-it-but-life-isn't-as-fun-without-it list?

#27 passion diver

passion diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Aow / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Only 15 great dives!!!

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:18 PM

not my speedo! although i did get to twirl it around my fingers above my head and toss it back to it's owner. :teeth: i'll do that to yours in bonaire, i promise.

were there any new toys at the show that needs to be added to my don't-really-need-it-but-life-isn't-as-fun-without-it list?

Guess I missed the speedo event.... DARN ... but someone PLEASE take pictures of Jamies speedo twirling event... love to see that one.

Mischievous.... I was looking at the full masks with the communication devices. After I find a permanent dive buddy, I'm going to get one! Wouldn't that be kool!

:teeth:

#28 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:30 PM

you mentioned hand warmers...where can i get some?? i've re-entered (so to speak) the realm of cold water, and my hands go numb pretty fast.....

#29 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:29 PM

Guess I missed the speedo event.... DARN ... but someone PLEASE take pictures of Jamies speedo twirling event... love to see that one.

Mischievous.... I was looking at the full masks with the communication devices. After I find a permanent dive buddy, I'm going to get one! Wouldn't that be kool!

:teeth:

As long as it has an on/off switch. The guy who I do a lot of my fun diving with is a chatterbox ... one of the reasons why I can dive with him is that I can't hear him. He's also one of the guys I go climbing and hiking/camping with and it's like having a radio on the whole time.

And just as an aside, there are very few certainties in the world ... me wearing a swimsuit OTHER than a speedo is one of them.

#30 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:31 PM

you mentioned hand warmers...where can i get some?? i've re-entered (so to speak) the realm of cold water, and my hands go numb pretty fast.....

I'll keep yer hands warm for ya ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users