• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Stillhouse Hollow Lake (Oct 14-16)

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

Howdy everyone!!!

Well the rumors are finally settled and here is the info on the 2nd Central Texas Freshwater Diving/Camping Event at Stillhouse Hollow Lake, and it should be a great one.

If you haven't been following some of the threads about this, here is the information you've all been waiting for!!!!!

When: October 14th, 15th, & 16th. Check in 2:00p.m. on the 14th, check out 1:00p.m. on the 16th

Where: Stillhouse Hollow Lake, Belton, Texas. Take I-35 North or South and 7 miles south of Belton, Texas, exit on F.M. 2484 & go West on F.M. 2484-6.5 miles to Union Grove Park on the right. Go into park to gate attendant & follow their directions to the Screened Shelters Campsite.

What: Exceptional camping with barbecue pits and screened shelters See Shelters here.Scheduled boat dives with up to 30' visibility on both shear underwater bluffs and gentle rock slopes, boat landings for an all afternoon hang out by request. We are planning for a 2-tank boat dive on Saturday and a 1-tank boat dive on Sunday morning. Price: $15.00/person for the 2-tank dive and $10.00/person for the 1-tank dive, $5.00 air refills, $10.00/person for camping the whole weekend. That's it!!! There may even be money left over from the camping fees to apply towards one of the dives. That makes a max total per person of $35.00 plus air refills and likely less with refund of some camping fees! If you need to rent tanks that would cost $10.00/day even for the 2-tank dive. We can also get extra airfills for shore diving if you like, for $6.00/refill and they will ferry them across the lake to the dive shop and bring them back.

Details: Union Grove Park is an exceptional camping area as you can see from the picture of the screened shelters. All three shelters include a countertop, sink, hot and cold running water and electricity inside and out. It's barely camping at all! There is water access at the shoreline by the campsite but the diving there is shallow and underwater scenery/visibility is undetermined. Right down a 50' sidewalk are restrooms and showers w/dressing area and hot and cold showers. Also feel free to bring your boats and fishing tackle as the ability to participate in either is abundant!!!

The boat dive sites are represented as up to 30' visibility. Trimix and I dove the lake on Sept. 4th at the marina area with a bass tournament and a sailboat event in the area and witnessed up to 25'vis!

There is also a full marina, dive shop (See Dive shop) and 24 hour cafe on the north side of the lake, with everything you might forget or need to rent, and the divemaster will be camping at Union Grove with us to serve any needs you may have including a boat night dive by request and at an extra fee.

The $10.00 charge/person for camping is to cover the $156.00 reservation I have made for all 3 shelters for the whole weekend. Renting all 3 gives us a special use request to have up to 50 people camping on site. That fee will divided by the number of you that would like to attend and any balance will be applied to one of the boat dives.

This is going to be a fantastic weekend as I feel sure it will be an event not to be missed and convenient enough to attract a large number of you singledivers. I also believe this could be some of the best and diverse freshwater diving in the whole of Central Texas, PLUS Scubapunk is dying to be there!

Please post here to confirm your interest, attendance or questions and I will do my best to help.

P.S. If you have an R.V. There are sites for those adjacent to the camping area we have reserved, so let me know and I can help you reserve spots that are the closest.

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!! 1 DAYS TILL -------- :dance: :diver: :fish: :taz: :birthday: :diver: :D :P :angel2: :diver: :;-+:

Alright, Here is the count so far! Keep'em comin' folks, we are looking forward to a big crowd!!!!

1. Scubapunk
2. BigTallHippie
3. Twinklez
4. Leaudaustin
5. Wtxblz
6. Platypusman
7. Fin-Again
8. Scuba Diva
9. Hawkeye1251
10. Tutt
11. Dejah
12. Fingrabber
13. Special Guest
14. DeepDiverStud
16. 2-Guests of BTH

HAWKEYE1251

Attached Images

• uniongrove_map.gif

Edited by HAWKEYE1251, 13 October 2005 - 02:16 PM.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

Let the fun and meyhem begin!!! Sounds like a great event! I've got it penciled in on my calendar! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:16 PM

Count me in!!! :angel2:

Twinklez

#4 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:56 PM

What is there to see in the lake? What kind of marine life? What is the water temp? Just curious, not planning on going.

Edited by Brinybay, 17 September 2005 - 12:40 AM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#5 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:16 PM

Water temp is a good question! I am not a cold water type of girl. If it is warm enough for a 3 mil and providing I do not have any prior engagements, count me in!!!! :angel2:
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#6 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:38 AM

Water temp is a good question! I am not a cold water type of girl. If it is warm enough for a 3 mil and providing I do not have any prior engagements, count me in!!!! :angel2:

If it turns out a little cold for you, ask WW about the best way to warm your hands. :taz:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#7 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:47 AM

Water temp is a good question!  I am not a cold water type of girl.  If it is warm enough for a 3 mil and providing I do not have any prior engagements, count me in!!!!    :cheerleader:

If it turns out a little cold for you, ask WW about the best way to warm your hands. :P

Now that sounds like a loaded response!! Loaded of what I am not sure......
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#8 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:43 AM

:P Count me in! You probably already knew that. :lmao: I have browsed through the Stillhouse Web site, and it looks like the perfect place for our needs.

I am assuming that we will all be bringing our own food. Is there a place close by to buy food or ice? I will be bringing some stuff to share with the group, don't know exactly what yet.

It would be totally cool if someone could provide me SD Sunsets or Butter Nipples. :teeth: I might even allow that person to give me a lap dance at a reduced price! :dance:

It's going to be a great weekend. Can't wait. :cheerleader:

#9 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:18 AM

Let the fun and meyhem begin!!! Sounds like a great event! I've got it penciled in on my calendar! -ww

I will respectfully request you write that in ink!!! Just think, we can talk surge suppression!

Count me in!!! :P

Twinklez

Twinklez, just like BTH, you are already counted. It is not an optional trip for you! Also see if you can get the stud there. Hope he is well everwhere he is and I hope he can find his way back to the central part of this great state.

Brinybay, What is there to see in the lake?  What kind of marine life?  What is the water temp?  Just curious, not planning on going.

There is a dive area near the marina that has all the normal sunken objects to see, but the balance of the lake is abundant with fish of different types (we are told), it is especially known for it's fishing. Water temp a week ago was 87 degrees down to around 30' then it drops to 82 at 40'. Don't know what it will be in October or where the next thermocline is, but likely it can be dove with a shorty, unless the weather is unusually cooler by that date.

:cool1:  Count me in!  You probably already knew that.  :lmao:   I have browsed through the Stillhouse Web site, and it looks like the perfect place for our needs. 

I am assuming that we will all be bringing our own food.  Is there a place close by to buy food or ice?  I will be bringing some stuff to share with the group, don't know exactly what yet.

It would be totally cool if someone could provide me SD Sunsets or Butter Nipples.  :teeth:   I might even allow that person to give me a lap dance at a reduced price!   :dance: 

It's going to be a great weekend.  Can't wait.  :teeth:

Yes S.C., you attendance is also mandatory! Bring food!!!!!! And as for the other 2 requests, I am certain BTH can fulfill both requests without much of fight. The town of Salado is 1 mile south of the F.M. 2484 exit and Belton is about 3 miles north from it.

For all, I believe this is going to be the sd-event of the year. Now lets all pitch in and put the ultimate preasure on Fingrabber and WreckWench to be there!!! I for one, have seen them commit to more than one of these events, but suddenly not appear. I would also try to insist that TheRabbit make an appearance, but I think she will be in tropical saltwater somewhere, so I can't compete with that!

I am going to try to post a map to the place, so I might ask a moderator now if it is possible to move it up the thread, under the trip post. If it does not work, anyone who needs it, p.m. me and I will e-mail or p.m. it to you.

Tanks to you all!!! AND REMEMBER.....7 DAYS TILL -------- :dance: :diver: :fish: :dance: :cool1: :diver: :cool2: :lmao: :cheerleader: :diver: :;-+:

HAWKEYE1251

Edited by HAWKEYE1251, 07 October 2005 - 03:39 PM.

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:29 AM

I might be able to make this, but am not sure right now

where is Belton anyway?

#11 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:41 AM

I might be able to make this, but am not sure right now

where is Belton anyway?

It is approximately 40 miles south of Waco on I-35. BE THERE!!! please.....

#12 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:43 AM

where is Belton anyway?

Belton is located just south of Temple on I-35, about a 90-minute drive from DFW.
-Mitch-

#13 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:46 AM

where is Belton anyway?

Belton is located just south of Temple on I-35, about a 90-minute drive from DFW.

Maybe more like a couple of hours driving from Dallas. It is 135 miles from downtown. And hey Mitch, are you gonna be there?

Edited by HAWKEYE1251, 17 September 2005 - 07:46 AM.

#14 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:59 AM

MODERATORS: Could you kindly pin this thread for us? I am asking this on Hawkeye1251's behalf. Thank you.

Hawkeye: I think you can put your map up by hitting the attach file button. I don't know how the import function works. Maybe some of these cyber experts can help.

Off to Moody Gardens. See ya!

#15 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:01 AM

Done! Thanks Sandy...I saw this and pinned it just as you were requesting it! I think I must be channeling you now! :cheerleader:
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users