• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

incident - air pressure issue...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:25 AM

<GROAN> As a Gator mom, I should have known better.... I can only plead ignorance since my daughter no longer goes there. :o

Dates are correct. I believe the plan is to head get up there before dark this Friday to set up the tent; dive hang out, play with the kids & grownups on Saturday & head back south early enough in the day on Sunday to be back by dark.

(PM sent)

How are you faring from Wilma??

Norm

#47 dennis mccarty

dennis mccarty

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:aow,rescue,nitrox
  • Logged Dives:9

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:36 AM

This is one of the reasons I dive with doubles even on recreational dives where possible. If this situation had happened to me, I simply would have shut down my left post. Then, I could have proceeded to surface in a normal fashion.

If diving a single tank, the diver can always shut down the tank, turning it on to breathe. This will pretty much eliminate the need to head directly to the surface.

No matter what setup you are using, the diver should check gauges frequently to have a fairly close idea of how much gas is remaining. Then, the diver can make a more informed decision about what to do from there.

I could not agree more. Carry spare air. Just a little insurance. But i also appreciate the comments here. I know myself that training will always take over when an emergency situation happens. You just go on autopilot. Im a little thick headed so I have to keep practicing and practicing until it becomes second nature.
Be safe all . Its cooler in houston today and feels great, Make it a great day. :welcome: :diver:
I really was heading north, I just went the long way around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users