• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Relief Fund for Cozumel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:17 PM

Link to donate to a relief fund for Cozumel. Mods I recommend a separate thread for this very important effort.
International Disaster Relief

Note: This post was separated from the is cozumel still there? thread. Thank you for the suggestion, drdiver. :P

Edited by annasea, 24 October 2005 - 04:44 PM.

There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#2 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

Thanks Annasea, I knew YOU would come through. Coz has been and will be again one of the prime diving sites for new and advanced divers--in her time of need we shouldn't let her down. Come on people, open the wallets!!! And plan a trip to Coz in the future!!! The best help there is! I've donated $100--everybody step up to the plate with whatever you can afford!!!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#3 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

No worries, drdiver, it was a joint decision. I just happened to be the one to notice it first. :P

#4 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:03 PM

I just happened to be the one to notice it first.

And you would have! Thanks again!!!

Cozumel Relief--READ the thread. Divers helping Divers!!!!

#5 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:49 PM

Let me put this in some personal terms.

You are a divemaster working a boat in Cozumel. Four maybe five dives a day, day in day out. You schlep the tanks, clean the boat. You have a wife and 2 kids. You work for tips. Not a bad living, all told. Maybe $50-$100 a day, maybe more, depending where you work.

Come Wilma--It's GONE folks. No FEMA, no Social Security. This is Mexico, not the US.

No job, no nothing.

Think about the kids.

These are Divers. Our brethren. Some of them taught us, some of them partied with us. They lived the adventure with us.

Please help.

#6 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:34 PM

Another link that's come to my attention to help those in need.Another link to help

Edited by drdiver, 24 October 2005 - 06:38 PM.

#7 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

well, I hope all will take the reality to heart and give something. This is a diving island,folks, give to the sisters and brothers, they've been hit hard.

A Splendid Toadfish was found washed up at the Cocoa Bean coffee shop--should give you some idea of what happened out there.

And a dead Splendid Toadfish makes this diver very, very sad......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users