• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

YOU get to help design the NEW look of SD's board

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

DON"T YOU DARE DITCH THE SMILIES>>>>THEY"RE THE CUTEST THING I GOT GOING RIGHT NOW!! :cheerleader: ACTUALLY I THINK WE NEED SOME CHRISTMAS SMILIES

Darlin', I'm teasing. Most folks love those things, I seriously doubt anyone would ever take them away.

I just love it when you call me darlin :P
who's leading this parade anyway?

#32 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:57 AM

Well Darlin', as long as you don't expect me to use smilies, we'll get along wonderfully well. Let's go diving.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#33 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:02 PM

Well Darlin', as long as you don't expect me to use smilies, we'll get along wonderfully well. Let's go diving.

aaawww..not even one little smiley just for me :birthday:
I am going diving....in 4 days...if I can just make it till then

#34 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

Naw, I'm not against them, I just don't understand 'em, I'd probably use the wrong one.

Where are ya diving?

DSSW,

WWW™

#35 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:55 PM

A selection to always keep sent PM's. I can't remember to click the box every time. And I can't remember if I've replied to someone. You got to help those of us who are having senior moments. :blush:
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#36 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:36 PM

Here's one: the board isn't dial-up and GPRS friendly. When I'm on a slow connection, I turn off images and surf in text mode 'till I'm forced to load an image or two (I'm on the GPRS right now, 40Kbps). When I turn off images on THIS board, none of the board buttons has the ALT attribute added, so I can't tell where to go or what I'm doing. You don't need the ALT for everything here, just the main menu buttons and redirects. I hit the home page and had to wait FOREVER for all the graphics to load, just so I could find the SI threads. The board's pretty graphics intensive, and with no ALT attributes you don't have the option of killing graphics.

If you add the ALTs, I'll at least see a little box where the images are with a brief note on what the image IS (fer instance, the Surface Interval link on the home page).

Yeah, I know the world's going high-speed, but when you're on the road, you don't have a T1 fiber dragging along behind... and you're lucky if you get a connection at all. One of these days LEO or MEO spot satellite access will happen with decent broadband, but it's not on the slate for the next several years.

#37 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

Naw, I'm not against them, I just don't understand 'em, I'd probably use the wrong one.

Where are ya diving?

Awww...see now I have a mission....one smiley from Walter... :cheerleader: I wonder if I can enlist some help :anna: (and I wonder why I'm single :dancing:

Im sorry,,,,I just lose control....Im headed to Nueva Vallarta....Banderas Bay and beyond....my 13 yr old son was certified last year ( his first dive w/o an instructor) and my sister is doing the pool cert. thing...so this is the perfect place for us to "do it".

#38 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:08 AM

Where are ya diving?

Awww...see now I have a mission....one smiley from Walter... :cheerleader: I wonder if I can enlist some help :anna: (and I wonder why I'm single :dancing:

Im sorry,,,,I just lose control....Im headed to Nueva Vallarta....Banderas Bay and beyond....my 13 yr old son was certified last year ( his first dive w/o an instructor) and my sister is doing the pool cert. thing...so this is the perfect place for us to "do it".

Have fun diving with your family! Tell us all about it when you get back (or while you're there if you have access and nothing better to do).

DSSW,

WWW™

#39 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:41 PM

When I click on "Edit" I get a drop dowqn menu for "Full edit" or "Quick edit." It would be nice to eliminate the drop down menu and put us right into the edit. Clicking twice for one thing is a PITA.

DSSW,

WWW™

#40 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:44 PM

Is there a "move to first unread post" button? That would be nice when inside a thread.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#41 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:03 AM

Is there a "move to first unread post" button? That would be nice when inside a thread.

Howard,

While I'm not entirely sure if this is what you're writing about (it doesn't occur inside a thread), there is a last post button that is accessible when you're looking at a thread title on the Surface Interval or Index page. To the left of the date above the thread's title, there is an outline of a little blue square with a tiny blue square in its bottom right corner. If you hold your mouse of it, you'll get the message "Go to the last post". (I wanted to attach a screen shot but attachments aren't possible in this forum. :welcome:)

#42 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:42 AM

One feature that I wouldn't mind seeing returning to the board involves the management of private messages. Formerly, when I'd select a message to be moved or deleted, the shade of blue surrounding that message would change confirming that it had been selected correctly. Presently, that is not occurring.

Thx for your consideration, George. :cheerleader:

#43 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:48 PM

My Assistant used to allow you to select the number of days you wished to see any posts, can we have that back?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#44 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:17 AM

My Assistant used to allow you to select the number of days you wished to see any posts, can we have that back?

There's another way in case you haven't discovered it, Jill.

1. When you're on the Surface Interval page, scroll down to the bottom where it reads "Board Statistics" on the left hand side. If you look over to the right, you'll notice the the clickable heading, "Today's Active Topics". Click on it.

2. This now takes you to the page entitled, "SD.com Surface Interval > Active Topics". Scroll down to the bottom of this page and notice on the right side where it reads "Get active topics for:".

3. Here you'll find a drop down menu for assorted timeframes:
today
this week
past two weeks
etc.
Make your selection, click on "Go" and you can allegedly view as far back as "this year".

:thankyou:

BTW, thank you for mentioning "My Assistant". I just had a quick look over there, and there's where I can now view my last 10 posts. :cheerleader:

#45 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:48 PM

There's another way in case you haven't discovered it, Jill.

Nope, I hadn't found it. But discovered I've missed lots of interesting/funny threads. It works for me. That is how I always found what was going on for the day or the ones I missed. Seems we helped each other out.
Thanks, Caetllonn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users