• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Rite Seven-LED Back-Up Light malfunction??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:27 PM

I'm truly wondering who you guys are talking to. Not only does Halcyon have models of bags with a bottom to be filled with a second stage, they teach this method in their DIR-F course, and display this method on the webpage (at least it used to be).

The drysuits are in use because a large proportion of cave divers wear them since they are in the water for over 2 hours. That 70F degree water gets cold after a while. During this conversation, did you mention how much lift you needed? I am thinking that their larger bags (to use as an ascent platform) may in fact be inflator models only. Perhaps someone like Carter or Subsalve might have something more suitable.

I don't mean to make exuses for Halcyon, I've just had good luck with them, and hate seeing only negative things get posted about companies with which I've had good luck.

#17 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:38 AM

Nicolle,

I just finished my set-up of my new b/p for dubs...the last touch was a new pair of backup lights...I went with a pair of Princeton Impact XL's ...

http://www.princeton...21&type=0&use=2

...ran across this critter whilst looking for lights for my "Lighted Cave Hat"
http://www.pbase.com...52301046/medium

this (Impact XL) is the one in pic left...I have a UK SL4 mounted opposite...the choice of a non-matched pair was an attempt to compare & contrast these two lights, which were chosen after a lengthy thread on CaveDiversForum. Having both on at the same time allowed for an EXCELLENT test of the two. While the UK had a much wider beam, the XL had a FAR more penetrating beam; narrow, and with a substantially higher color temp which MAY (thankfully not tested as yet :cheerleader: ) prove more effective in cr*p viz situations...

A pair of the XL's at my LDS was about $75...

Norm

I have used many Ikelites in the past and have a PCa, but my back-up light will not be stowed in a pocket. The PCa is unfortunately too wide for where I am placing it on my webbing beneth the right shoulder D-ring. I'm also looking for a piercing beam - needed in our waters. So I'm thinking an LED or HID would be my best options.

I'm also looking to keep my back-up less than $100. So the Phantom at $800 is ludicrous as a back-u plight and would be even more expensive than my primary light not too mention no way of stowing it on my harness unless I mistaking the light that was being suggested?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users