• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Attaching a file

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:08 PM

I'm trying to share some Holiday cartoons in the Holiday Fun forum. I've reduced the file to 16kb, but it still gives me size too large message. What is the max file size we can attach?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#2 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

I'm not sure why you're having a problem, Jill. I experimented with the Bah Humbug! thread since it, too, is in the Holiday Fun forum and it worked for me...Picture_4.jpg

#3 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:28 AM

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

That is the message I am getting. I've tried 3 different days, and 16kb is pretty small. I am using the file attachment box, not the 'insert image' icon. By the File Attachments box it does say Global Space Left: 0 bytes
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:10 AM

Well fingrabber can insert/upload pictures and I can't. Annasea can but nextariel can't. Fingrabber and Annasea both have brown hair, nextariel and I both have...oh darn it...the similarity ends there! :usflag:

Ok so what is the trick??? George HELP!!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:17 AM

Well fingrabber can insert/upload pictures and I can't. Annasea can but nextariel can't. Fingrabber and Annasea both have brown hair, nextariel and I both have...oh darn it...the similarity ends there! :usflag:

Ok so what is the trick??? George HELP!!!!

Did you try saying the magic words? Presto Chango 123, this won't upload for anyone but me!!

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:33 AM

I can't either but if they are online you can by copying the properties of the image and then clicking on the insert image button (tree), good luck.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:20 AM

Is it a matter of uploading or using the image function? I still can't make this work and I'm supposed to have extra uh...'powers' so to speak! :wacko:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

Is it a matter of uploading or using the image function? I still can't make this work and I'm supposed to have extra uh...'powers' so to speak! :)

Personally, I rarely use the "attach file" function and link to it using the image function instead. That's because I sometimes want to insert an image into a post at a certain point for effect, and it would lose a lot of the effect with just a thumbnail. Also that enables me to have the image whatever size I want. Disadvantage is that it sometimes takes a few extra steps to size the image properly and upload it to my personal Web site and link to it from there. But I only do that when the image I want to link to is the wrong size or I wanted to alter it for some reason, otherwise I just link directly to it from it's original location, e.g. right click the "Dapper Daffy" image in my sig line and then "Properties" and view the Address (URL) to see how it's done.

Edited by Brinybay, 31 January 2006 - 11:12 AM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users