• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Everyone can make a difference if they want to.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ScubaCutie

ScubaCutie

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:21 AM

December 15, 2005

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13

It's not difficult to make an impact in the lives of those around us. All it really takes is putting the needs of others ahead of our own. With a little time & a big heart, we can make a difference.

A good example of this put into action: My daughter & her classmates -- high school sophomores....who became aware that for various reasons one of their own would pretty much be forgotten this holiday season. This weighed heavy on their hearts, so a few of the girls got busy! The end result.....anonomously this classmate was given several very generous gift certificates to clothing stores at our local mall. No parents or teachers were involved in this effort. This was strictly a group of teenagers taking care of one of their own. Yeah, the mom in me tears up everytime I replay this story.

The greatest gift is not found in a store, but in the hearts of true friends.

Here is the test to determine if your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't. There are no passengers on the Spaceship Earth, we are all crew.
Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2

Love knows hidden paths. - German Proverb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users