• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What are you doing for Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

Hello everyone;

Well, I have been a little quiet lately and seeing no one has jumped on this topic, I will do it.

What is everyone doing for Christmas? Myself, it will start Christmas Eve by attending a large Christmas Service at the Toyota Center, the guests scheduled to appear are Clay Walker (country music star) and Yolanda Adams (pop R&B star). The service is a combined service by all three campuses of Second Baptist Church of Houston. After the service, I will go over to a friend's house who is having a Christmas Eve party since her family lives far away.

On Christmas Day, I will go over to my brother's house who lives here in Houston. In my family, we spend Thanksgiving together usually at another brother's house in Waco or at my sister's in Dallas. This year, it was in Dallas. Then at Christmas, we spend it with our spouse's families but since I do not have a spouse, I always go to my brother's.

And while I am here, I would like to wish all of you here a very Merry Christmas whereever you go.

What are the rest of you going to do?
-Mitch-

#2 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

This year, my son and I will be heading to Florida to spend Christmas with my Dad. I went home to Michigan last year, and it was way too cold.

Have a Very Merry Christmas. :banghead:

#3 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:30 PM

Sandy and Mitch I wish you safe travels for you and your families.
as for me ?? on Christmas Eve I will be watching News Channel 6 Santas Radar.
and if Mr Claus starts headin towards Hawks house first like last year...

Im shootin him down with my Army Surplus Stinger Rockets :evilgrin:

Hawks is always next to last on Santas list and guess who is Last ? Yep you got it!

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#4 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:36 PM

Sandy, I am sure you will be visiting your dad surely, you are not leaving your dive gear behind, are you? :evilgrin:
-Mitch-

#5 WileEDiver

WileEDiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor/EFR I-T/Safety Signer I-T/DAN DES Instructor (All DAN Programs)
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:28 PM

Saturday morning I'm Maui bound. I'll be there until the 6th of January. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a dive or two in. :evilgrin:
–WileEDiver

“Life is measured not by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

#6 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:40 PM

Saturday morning I'm Maui bound. I'll be there until the 6th of January. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a dive or two in. :evilgrin:

That is SO not cool....for me!

I will be spending Christmas in San Antonio with my parents, brother, great aunt, and cousin (oh and of course my "kids"). On the 26th it is back to Dallas to do the whole thing over with my older brother, younger sister, and their families, then on the 27th I am headed to East Tennessee for the week. Lucky lucky me!

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday (whatever one you might celebrate, or be like the Hawk and celebrate them all!!!!) and safe travels!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christymas Kisses,
Christy
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#7 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:35 AM

Christmas for most Aussies will be fine and warm. Perth, where I will be, has a forecast of fine, sunny weather with a temperature range of 12-25°C (~50-75°F) It's kind of appropriate for the month (12) and date (25)! :evilgrin:

Unfortunately this year my brother and his family are on the other side of the country and won't be here for the day. His forecast at this stage looks as though it's going to be in the 40°s (100°F) and very hot.

Mum and I will have a quiet day compared to other years - just her and I. In previous years it's usually lounging by the pool, having a bbq lunch with coonack cocktail (coonacks are like freshwater crayfish but I don't like them), chicken, turkey, lamb, lots of salads, pavlova, sherry trifle, fruit salads, icecream, wine, beer, cider, more lounging by the pool, playing snooker and so on. Present opening is short and sweet. (I hate having to buy presents! It's getting way too commercial.)

Christmas down here is very different to what I experienced in Canada but there are a lot of similarities.
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#8 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:50 AM

I'm heading to LA to see my brother and my parents. I then am going to Vegas for a few days before going home...

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#9 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:02 PM

My plans consist of the following:

1) I am off from today until the 9th of January!! :banghead: :cool2:
2) I spend Christmas with my family at my brother's house in Plano...we open presents, eat until we can't eat anymore, etc, etc
3) take off all next week! I plan to start my New Year's exercise program; sometime next year I'd like to do either a dualthon or triathlon
4) go to Cozumel with all those crazy SDer's for New Year's Eve!

#10 sniperdiver

sniperdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:52 PM

I'm heading to south Louisiana to visit my family, and have a "Cajun" Christmas. That consists of chicken and sausage gumbo, fried turkey, and slow smoked venison. The I won't be able to eat untill March or so.

Merry Christmas to everyone, and have a safe New Year!!!

Tony
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet!

#11 firemedicdiver

firemedicdiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Cert Level:Basic
  • Logged Dives:not very many

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

I'll be celebrating Christmas a couple days early as I have to work Christmas eve, Christmas day, and the day after. So the wife and kids will be celebrating Christmas with grandma and grandpa.
Dan

"When I die, please don't let my wife sell my scuba equipment for what I told her I paid for it." -- Anonymous

#12 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:04 PM

Hmmm. Haven't made any plans yet. It is still a long way away (it's only Wed.). Maybe diving after I open my goodies. It is forecast to be in the low 80's here in SoCal!!!

Mom is with my middle sister, little sister is in Atlanta with her kids and leaves for the Dominican Republic the day after Christmas, no one talks to the oldest sister (for good reason... even if that isn't in the spirit of the season). My housemate will be here but we generally don't celebrate holidays "together."

Can I let you know Sat night?

#13 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:40 PM

Hmmm. Haven't made any plans yet.

Bet you have big plans immediately after xmas! :)

#14 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:06 AM

Bet you have big plans immediately after xmas! :)

You mean there's hope? Just teasing ya, Caetllonn. Looking forward to finally meeting you and spending some time getting to know you. Just get ready to thaw out a bit... forecast is for weather in the 80's over Christmas weekend! I love southern California (most of the time).

#15 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:18 AM

Bet you have big plans immediately after xmas! :(

You mean there's hope? Just teasing ya, Caetllonn. Looking forward to finally meeting you and spending some time getting to know you. Just get ready to thaw out a bit... forecast is for weather in the 80's over Christmas weekend! I love southern California (most of the time).

*Thaw out*??? :fish: I'll have you know it was a balmy 11 degrees Celsius today. Although I will most definitely welcome the sunshine! :) (And the company, of course! :P)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users