• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

City girl meets country boy

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:36 AM

Mitch0129- Nothing went wrong, this is intended to be humorous. I hope Caetllonn will add her comments once she gets settled (I think her plane just landed in Vancouver an hour or so ago). She and I had a very humorous visit, a fun time. Nothing romantic was expected and nothing romantic evolved. I'm just being my goofy self here.

I am a gentleman (well, within reason) and would certainly not expect Caetllonn to do anything unethical or immoral (although I'm not sure what either means anyway).

The only hand I put on Caetllonn was a friendly farewell hug as she got on the boat.

My goodness... do I have to put a disclaimer on my posts that they are intended to be taken with a sense of humor. Anyone who has read my posts for any length of time should realize that they aren't usually intended to be serious unless they relate to advice on SCUBA equipment and technique (and even there you have to be careful... I might slip in some humor). Think about it... would I post this about Caetllonn (who I certainly respect) if I were being entirely serious?

Perhaps it would be good to look at Tina's posts after she came out to dive with me. I was a perfect gentleman which she acknowledged.

Can't Texans take a joke (I certainly hope they can take USC... sorry, Jamie)? Life is too important to be taken seriously (Einstein)!

Caetllonn... log on and tell them what really happened while you were here (oops, not everything).

#17 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:47 AM

edited

Edited by gcbryan, 31 December 2005 - 01:49 AM.

#18 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:46 AM

Hey guys, no worries. I had a delightful time and Bill was a wonderful host! :) (Even to the temporarily displaced hermit crabs whose homes were to be part of my Catalina shell collection... until I discovered they were occupied! :twist: You did remember to return them, Bill, I hope? :))

#19 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:20 AM

Thank You Caetllonn and Bill for your reports.
This is the perfect SD testimony... Friends meeting Friends.

I know I am standing in a long line of Men and Women ready to
greet Caetllonn as she exits out of the water for the first time after
completeing her dive training.

Wes
Macintosh? Isn't that something you wear?

Kimber
I thought it was something you ate --

maybe its alittle of both?
or
Its possible its another Top Secret Invention that the Canadian Goverment is withholding from Us :)

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#20 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 31 December 2005 - 07:39 AM

"I know I am standing in a long line of Men and Women ready to
completeing her dive training."

Mike I think we may have a long wait, getting Caetllonn certified may be akin to getting the cat in the wash water :)
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#21 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:36 AM

Thank You Caetllonn and Bill for your reports.
This is the perfect SD testimony... Friends meeting Friends.

I know I am standing in a long line of Men and Women ready to greet Caetllonn as she exits out of the water for the first time after completeing her dive training.

B2B

Thank you, my dear! Your unwavering support, encouragement and patience are sincerely appreciated. :)

#22 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:18 AM

Latitude Adjustment- I think that post was a bit nasty, unless it was meant in jest (I don't want to make the same mistake others have).

Caetllonn- Of course the hermit crabs are back in their ocean home. They were too small to eat anyway! You got outta Dodge just in time. The storm clouds are building and they're calling for 2-4" in the big storm Monday.

#23 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:29 AM

For what it's worth Bill, I knew you had to be kidding. I mean, calling the woman a little twit was a dead giveaway. Besides, I think you're one of those all talk and no action guys. :) :twist:

#24 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:58 AM

Well, Bill, my friend, I did not know if you were joking or not, it was hard for me to tell. I was kinda hoping you were but I thought I would comment anyway just in case.

And yes, Texans can take a joke ... and they can dish out a few! However, in my world, if you are not sure someone is joking or not, you have to assume they are serious.

As for the upcoming Rose Bowl matchup between Texas and USC, believe it or not, I am rooting for USC!!! If you lived here in Texas and had to listen to the tea-sips around here thump their chests when they win and make excuses when they lose, you would understand why.
-Mitch-

#25 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:07 PM

As for the upcoming Rose Bowl matchup between Texas and USC, believe it or not, I am rooting for USC!!! If you lived here in Texas and had to listen to the tea-sips around here thump their chests when they win and make excuses when they lose, you would understand why.

Mitch... I can't believe you wrote that with so many other Texans on this board. Don't they hang traitors down there? However, I do think you have a point... football in Texas seems to be a real obsession. I'd much rather my alma mater trounced USC, but they haven't played in the Rose Bowl since 1913 (I think that was the year we beat Oregon).

There was one thing that Caetllonn said during her visit that really raised my hackles. She referred to me as a "Ken doll." Anyone who knows me knows I greatly prefer dark hair and Barbie is a blonde. Besides, didn't she run away with GI or something?

And as for you, Miss Fairybasslet, I can direct you to female references who were all action and would talk about my skills as a lover (actually less my skills than my willingness to be attentive to my lady's needs)! Harrumph!

#26 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:33 PM

Mitch... I can't believe you wrote that with so many other Texans on this board. Don't they hang traitors down there? However, I do think you have a point... football in Texas seems to be a real obsession. I'd much rather my alma mater trounced USC, but they haven't played in the Rose Bowl since 1913 (I think that was the year we beat Oregon).

There was one thing that Caetllonn said during her visit that really raised my hackles. She referred to me as a "Ken doll." Anyone who knows me knows I greatly prefer dark hair and Barbie is a blonde. Besides, didn't she run away with GI or something?

And as for you, Miss Fairybasslet, I can direct you to female references who were all action and would talk about my skills as a lover (actually less my skills than my willingness to be attentive to my lady's needs)! Harrumph!

as a Ken Doll....you go girl (didn't think anyone other thatn myself was old to enough to remember) and as far as hair color...dr bill..do you know the exact number...I aim to please :D
who's leading this parade anyway?

#27 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 31 December 2005 - 01:59 PM

There was one thing that Caetllonn said during her visit that really raised my hackles. She referred to me as a "Ken doll."

You do know that Ken wasn't anatomically correct. :D

#28 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:32 PM

Not all Texans are rooting for the Longhorns, in fact, if you ask any alum of A&M, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Rice, or UH (Houston), all of them located in Texas, chances are they are rooting against Texas also. While I do admire what the the Longhorns have accomplished throughout their history, it is the attitude of most of their alums that raises the rackles of the rest of us. They seem to think that they are better than the rest of us yet, when their teans get their butts kicked, they make excuses and blame it on the officials. They never want to give credit where credit is due.

I do hear that football is an obsession out there in California also but probably not like Texas. A few weeks ago, I attended a Class 5-A high school playoff game at a 15,000-seat stadium here in Houston, it was STANDING-ROOM ONLY. And this was a quarter-final game!
-Mitch-

#29 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:17 PM

Yesterday we were able to take a ride in the semisubmersible "glassbottom" boat so she could experience what life in the kelp forests is like. I shouldn't speak for her, but I got the distinct impression she was not impressed (perhaps because it looked very cold and temperate species tend to be a bit dull in color).

Dear Doc,

sounds a LOT like me trying to tell Folks how beautiful the Caverns and Fresh Water aquatica are in N FL...

Norm
"yeah, but it's an ALBINO catfish!"

My Visit - The kelp was wonderful. Ocean diving, shore entry with waves and surge were all new things new to get used to. There were a lot of colorful fish, and I loved it! Bill was a perfect gentleman and a very gracious host!

No garibaldi to see? They're pretty colorful. I think to full appreciate kelp, you gotta get right down there in it and watch the sun rays shining through.

I remember the Garibaldi! And the tiny octopus and baby moray eel!

Hey guys, no worries. I had a delightful time and Bill was a wonderful host! :) (Even to the temporarily displaced hermit crabs whose homes were to be part of my Catalina shell collection... until I discovered they were occupied! :teeth: You did remember to return them, Bill, I hope? :D)

Caetlonn, we'd love to hear the details! How and when did you discover your shells were inhabited? I would love to go back to Catalina. I think it could make a great informal SD adventure for a group of friends.

"I know I am standing in a long line of Men and Women ready to
completeing her dive training."

Mike I think we may have a long wait, getting Caetllonn certified may be akin to getting the cat in the wash water :P

Hmmm...I don't remember a greeting line when I got certified!

It shouldn'tl be all that difficult to get Caetlonn certified. The biggest hurdle is over - she wants it!

I also think there's something to be said for OW checkouts in fresh water locations. (I saw the students struggling in Catalina with entries, exits and everything else.) The ocean adds elements of difficulty that every diver needs to master, but not necessarily their first time in open water. If your first experiences of diving are miserable ones; how likely are you to do it again? While the tropics may be romantic and exciting, an environment where the water is warm and calm, and there is good visibility may help her to overcome her next hurdle. A few additional practice dives to make her comfortable with her skills, and off to the big sea we go!

#30 BabyDuck

BabyDuck

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:08 PM

Anyone who knows me knows I greatly prefer dark hair...

damn. guess that leaves me out. :dltears:

glad you had fun, guys. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users