• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

HOUSTON HAPPY HOUR

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#16 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:52 AM

I need help!! :lmao: I'm having a hard time trying to decide where to have this Happy Hour, so I am requesting some suggestions. Konascubagirl will be staying in Galveston while she is here, so I don't want to make her drive too far. What do you think? These are some possible choices:

1. Salt Water Grill - On Galveston Island
2. Kemah Board Walk - Half way between Galveston and Houston (Close to my house, so anyone from out
town can crash at my house. BYO sleeping bag!)
3. Brian O'Neills - Village area - We've done this one a few times before, and it has worked out well.

4. The West Side of Town - I have been promising to do one on this side of town, but I need some suggestions on where since I am not familar with the establishments over there.

I like the idea of #4. I am going to try to make this one. West side....let's seee......Oh, how about Seguin?

:evilgrin: Sorry Hawkeye! I wasn't really thinking about quite that far west. :P But, if you want to have a Happy Hour in Sequin, I'm up for a road trip! Maybe we can combine it with a dive at Aquarena?

#17 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:51 PM

I need help!! :teeth: I'm having a hard time trying to decide where to have this Happy Hour, so I am requesting some suggestions. Konascubagirl will be staying in Galveston while she is here, so I don't want to make her drive too far. What do you think? These are some possible choices:

1. Salt Water Grill - On Galveston Island
2. Kemah Board Walk - Half way between Galveston and Houston (Close to my house, so anyone from out
town can crash at my house. BYO sleeping bag!)
3. Brian O'Neills - Village area - We've done this one a few times before, and it has worked out well.
4. The West Side of Town - I have been promising to do one on this side of town, but I need some
suggestions on where since I am not familar with the establishments over there.

While I would love to go to Kemah, I think having it in Galveston would be cool, especially since the Salt Water Grill is located in The Strand. I would also like to keep Konascubagirl's driving as much to a minimum as possible.

As for a west side HH, how far west do you want to go? There are quite a few places around the I-10/Beltway-8 area or we can go out as far as Katy.
-Mitch-

#18 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:19 PM

Ok,,,Saltwater Grill sounds good...hope its a pretty day...Ill just do the weekend in Galveston...Ive never been to the strand (keep telling ya'll I am deprived)....Anyone want to share a room? Rather than drive back afterwards?
who's leading this parade anyway?

#19 scubarw50

scubarw50

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:53 PM

Hi all, Sandy you are really on the ball for it being so early in 2006. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Have a great day.
Ron

#20 capt al

capt al

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:15 PM

The Salt Water Grill that sounds good. I havn't been there yet. And its only a few block from home.

#21 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

Hey there capt al,

Seeing as this is your first post... :teeth: to SD!

#22 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

The Salt Water Grill that sounds good. I havn't been there yet. And its only a few block from home.

Great we're all staying at your house.....( is it OK with your mom?) :teeth:

#23 sniperdiver

sniperdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:38 AM

I'm game, I'm in need of a road trip. Just let me know where......... :fish2: :teeth:

Tony
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet!

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:12 AM

I'm game, I'm in need of a road trip. Just let me know where......... :diver: :fish2:

Tony

Hey you are in Dallas right? Fingrabber and I are planning to join in as well...wanna carpool??? And yes we'll want to get a room or crash someplace as it will be WAY too late to drive back to big D!!! :(

However if you need designated drivers...Kim and I are both on the wagon so we'll be good in that dept!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#25 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:57 AM

Now this HH sounds like a Good Time :banghead:

I can leave on the 20th and have plenty of time to get there..

now WW and Kimmy if you are carpooling on a wagon you better leave several days in advance :respect:

I dont have a clue on where to recomend having the HH but I hope it will be in, near, or close to a seafood resturant.

PS. this is only fair because the Houston Area SDers have been so kind to attend the HH and events in the Dallas area.

Plus I cant wait to meet everyone that has posted on this thread and hopfully alot more SDers will come as well.

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#26 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:00 AM

Now this HH sounds like a Good Time :banghead:

I can leave on the 20th and have plenty of time to get there..

now WW and Kimmy if you are carpooling on a wagon you better leave several days in advance :respect:

I dont have a clue on where to recomend having the HH but I hope it will be in, near, or close to a seafood resturant.

PS. this is only fair because the Houston Area SDers have been so kind to attend the HH and events in the Dallas area.

Plus I cant wait to meet everyone that has posted on this thread and hopfully alot more SDers will come as well.

B2B

to all coming in on 20th...if you need...you can stay at my house on the 20th...I am planning on spending Saturday (if pretty) kicking around Galveston and getting a room there the night of 21st ( no driving back that late)..let me know

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:21 AM

to all coming in on 20th...if you need...you can stay at my house on the 20th...I am planning on spending Saturday (if pretty) kicking around Galveston and getting a room there the night of 21st ( no driving back that late)..let me know

Finley :banghead: And bubski...it will be great to see you again...we missed you on the Cozy trip!!!

Anyone else want to roadtrip to Houston with us????

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#28 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:25 AM

:respect: :lmao: :-D :2cool: :2cool: WOW! I am so excited to see that so many out-of-towners are going to make this trip. I guess everybody wants to meet the famous Konascubagirl!! :banghead: (Sorry Stef, couldn't help it!) I have also received several emails and PMs from other members who plan on attending, but have not yet posted, so we will have a great group for this HH. I will try to gather somewhat of a list together of attendees.

It looks like Galveston is the popular choice. I don't know about the Salt Water Grill yet, it might not be quite right for our group! I need to talk to the management there and see what they can offer us. I will select one of the establishments in the same area on The Strand, if the Salt Water Grill does not work out.

For anyone coming in from out of town, I am also offering up my house. I live approximately 20-30 minutes north of Galveston. I will check to see what hotels are available on the island. At a glance, it seems most of them are kind of pricey, but I'll do some more checking. Do not get a hotel in Houston. Although this is a Houston Happy Hour, Galveston is a minimum one hour drive south of the south side of Houston. If anyone has any information on reasonably priced rooms on the island, please share the info.

Like Finley said, if enough people get into town early enough, we can meet before the HH for dinner, or whatever. There are plenty of things to do in Galveston.

I will post back soon with more info, shoot me a PM if you want to stay at my house.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 08 January 2006 - 11:26 AM.

#29 konascubagirl

konascubagirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:08 PM

[quote name='ScubaPunk' date='Jan 8 2006, 11:25 AM' post='123313']
:respect: :lmao: :-D :2cool: :2cool: WOW! I am so excited to see that so many out-of-towners are going to make this trip. I guess everybody wants to meet the famous Konascubagirl!! :banghead: (Sorry Stef, couldn't help it!)

That's OK SP! It just proves that divers ARE the friendliest, funnest,coolest people on the planet. Or, these folks will all be wanting a free place to crash when they come to Hawaii for the August SD trip! :lmao:

Stef

#30 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:26 PM

That's OK SP! It just proves that divers ARE the friendliest, funnest,coolest people on the planet. Or, these folks will all be wanting a free place to crash when they come to Hawaii for the August SD trip! :respect:
Stef

:lmao: :-D
You are definitely right that we ARE the friendliest, funnest, coolest people on the planet. :banghead: But you may be right about the free place to crash too! :2cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users