• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Seahuntress

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Seahuntress

Seahuntress

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:50 AM

I just wanted to take the time to Thank all of you. Your support for me means more than you'll ever know. Thank you all for your prayers and for caring. It's nice to know that I have a Dive Family. As I do consider you all my family. I was really looking forward to going on some trips this year. But, I won't make it this year. The Dr. said I will be able to dive later, after my second surgery. They have to put me back together in 5 months.

So many people have never heard of Diverticulitis. I've had a few people call me and ask me if it has anything to do with Diving.....HA HA.

I missed seeing you all at Happy Hour, but I'm sure I can make the next one.

Mitch, I am looking forward to going to the Lake with you this summer if the Dr. will let me. Thanks for your help, and phone calls. God Bless you.

Always,
Your friend Carla
Seahuntress

The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.

Norman Vincent Peale

#2 blacktar

blacktar

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OWSI, Normoxic Trimix, full cave
  • Logged Dives:700

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:20 PM

We're just glad to hear that you are going to be alright!
Patrick
BLACKTAR
"The edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over." Hunter S. Thompson

#3 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:24 PM

Here's wishing you a safe and speedy recovery, Carla!

#4 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:42 PM

Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery, Carla.

Rick
:cool2:

#5 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:56 AM

Take care of yourself and mind the doctor. You'll be getting wet in no time at all.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#6 Seahuntress

Seahuntress

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:34 PM

Take care of yourself and mind the doctor. You'll be getting wet in no time at all.

Thanks for the kind words. I went to the Dr. today, and he's putting back together in 2 months. Yea and I feel so much better.
The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.

Norman Vincent Peale

#7 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:37 AM

I just wanted to take the time to Thank all of you. Your support for me means more than you'll ever know. Thank you all for your prayers and for caring. It's nice to know that I have a Dive Family. As I do consider you all my family. I was really looking forward to going on some trips this year. But, I won't make it this year. The Dr. said I will be able to dive later, after my second surgery. They have to put me back together in 5 months.

So many people have never heard of Diverticulitis. I've had a few people call me and ask me if it has anything to do with Diving.....HA HA.

I missed seeing you all at Happy Hour, but I'm sure I can make the next one.

Mitch, I am looking forward to going to the Lake with you this summer if the Dr. will let me. Thanks for your help, and phone calls. God Bless you.

Always,
Your friend Carla

Seahuntress

Glad you are on the mend. I was off-line for quite awhile and didn't know about this... so I'll pray for your "complete-repackaging"... :teeth: My dad was diagnosed with this some time back and he has never been diving! :) Hope to see you at HHH March.

:P
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#8 Rob underwater

Rob underwater

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Have a dive or two

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I had the same problem in 2004. Now, sans sigmoid colon. Everything seems to be fine. You'll be back in the water in no time. :birthday:

You never realize how many of those lower abdominal muscles you use until someone slices through them...That had to be worst.

Wish you well. I have felt your pain.
Cheers,
Rob

#9 Seahuntress

Seahuntress

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I had the same problem in 2004. Now, sans sigmoid colon. Everything seems to be fine. You'll be back in the water in no time. :usflag:

You never realize how many of those lower abdominal muscles you use until someone slices through them...That had to be worst.

Wish you well. I have felt your pain.
Cheers,
Rob

Thank you...you had the same surgery???? Yes I know about those abdominal muscles. I was in top shape working out at the gym, and the more muscles they cut on the worse it is. Did you have one surgery or two???
Thanks for the kind words.

Norman Vincent Peale

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:29 PM

Ha this woman was in incredible shape...she was stronger than most guys...and of course much more attractive! LOL!!!

Carla we'll keep you in our prayers and thoughts that your next Doc's appt on the 9th goes VERY GOOD!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#11 Rob underwater

Rob underwater

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:Have a dive or two

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

Thank you...you had the same surgery???? Yes I know about those abdominal muscles. I was in top shape working out at the gym, and the more muscles they cut on the worse it is. Did you have one surgery or two???

I had one procedure done. Doc took out my sigmoid colon. I haven't had a problem since. (crossing my fingers)

Doctor said I was better off for being in good shape before the surgery, seemed to really help with the healing. I was cleared to dive about 6 weeks afterward. I'm better off now, it almost killed me twice.
Took seven trips to the emergency room before they finally figured it out. Barium dye (blech)

I always giggled when they said Diverticulitis....one of my friends thought it was another name for decompression sickness. :D

Hope your feeling better. painkillers always help.
Cheers,
Rob

#12 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:54 PM

I know what the illness is...just wondering if the after effects are similar to C-section...is the colon deeper? does it depend on which part....I know they keep saying...ohh surgery now a days is a piece of cake....I was just glad I didn't order the whole cake!
who's leading this parade anyway?

#13 Seahuntress

Seahuntress

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery, Carla.

Rick
:lmao:

Hey Rick, thank you it means so much to me. Hope we can dive together soon

Norman Vincent Peale

#14 Seahuntress

Seahuntress

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:54 PM

I know what the illness is...just wondering if the after effects are similar to C-section...is the colon deeper? does it depend on which part....I know they keep saying...ohh surgery now a days is a piece of cake....I was just glad I didn't order the whole cake!

I'm afraid there was more to it than a c-section They wouldn't let me up to walk for 1 week.

Good to hear from you

Norman Vincent Peale

#15 Seahuntress

Seahuntress

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

I had one procedure done. Doc took out my sigmoid colon. I haven't had a problem since. (crossing my fingers)

Doctor said I was better off for being in good shape before the surgery, seemed to really help with the healing. I was cleared to dive about 6 weeks afterward. I'm better off now, it almost killed me twice.
Took seven trips to the emergency room before they finally figured it out. Barium dye (blech)

I always giggled when they said Diverticulitis....one of my friends thought it was another name for decompression sickness. :lmao:

Hope your feeling better. painkillers always help.
Cheers,
Rob

Thanks for the reply Yes I would not survive without the painkillers. Did you have surgery with your diverticulitis. I will have a second surgery soon to put me back together.

Yes I was in very good shape. I think this has helped me so much. Diverticulitis is the worse pain you can have I know that.

Norman Vincent Peale

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users