• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Welcome! These guys are awesome...

19 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

These guys are awesome and getting lots of great press! The world is discovering what we already know...when it comes to travel bc's and tech gear...you'll be hard to beat the quality, value, and innovation of Deep Sea Supply!

I am very excited to announce our very special partnership with Deep Sea Supply. They are private labeling a line of bc's for us that are 100% DSS and 100% SingleDivers.com fun! Yes now you can get a great Deep Sea Supply backplate and wing in sleek black, royal blue, hot pink, bright orange, forest green, navy blue, camo, mint green, burgundy and more! We are the only supplier of these unique colors and you'll be able to dive in style, color and class with your new Deep Sea Supply and SingleDivers.com logo gear!

Got a question? Need to clarify something you read on the www.DeepSeaSupply.com website? Then ask it here! Want to order your own set up? You can do that too! Be looking for the full purchase details in our SD Online Merchandise Catalog.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:31 AM

Tobin makes nice product! The availability of his wing (which one?) in colors like navy blue and burgundy is very tempting.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

Tobin makes nice product! The availability of his wing (which one?) in colors like navy blue and burgundy is very tempting.

We can do any wing you want in the colors available. There is a small fee for the colored wings and some extra time for processing it...but you'll have a totally unique and distinctive product that is 100% DSS quality!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:55 AM

you have my order...... :D

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:33 AM

you have my order...... :D

Thanks Steve...yes I do! And we'll be announcing an Anniversary special on the colored wings today!

formerly...

#6 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:39 AM

I was blessed with an early "SD Special" model, the only complaint I have is that I promised it to my son!!!!

I've taken it into the pool to dial in the weights/fit, and on a trip to the Keys this February. VERY NICE.

Good workmanship on the wing, with a center line inflator and standard rear dump valve. I ordered the Hogarthian harness, but the Pro-Fit harness looks excellent unless you are hard-core about so-called failure points.

The Cam Strap Compression Pads (a DSS exclusive near as I can tell) work as advertised. Based on preference due to some past bad experiences, I bought a set of Scubapro SS tank bands, but I'm sure the delivered bands are more than adequate.

All of the hardware was included, even little details like bungees for the inflator and spare light.

DSS actually answers their email and telephone - usually Tobin, so support so far has been as high-quality as the materials.

I'll probably be getting one for my daughter, and eventually myself. I'll probably go for the composite plate since I'm overweighted in fresh water with the SS plate, and it would be nice to carry some ditchable weights - that will also help my travel weight allowance.

Edited by Capn Jack, 03 March 2006 - 09:02 AM.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#7 ledgedive

ledgedive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:open
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

i don't see of find any sort of calendar

#8 ledgedive

ledgedive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:open
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

sorry didnt mean calender met catalog see nothing for this on site ?

#9 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:13 PM

I don't see DSS in the catalog either Ledgedive.
I bought a 20# travel wing and the hybrid (plastic) back plate from Kamala last month and it's a beautiful setup. I'll take some pictures of it next week in a boats tank rack.
I made a few changes, replacing the inflator with my combo, added OMS weight pockets and only used one DSS tank band, the other being one of my ScubaPro's from my SS BP and put a DSS tank band on the SS BP so now my checked bag meets the airlines new 50 pound limit.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

Its coming gang...in the meantime go to www.deepseasupply.com and check out their products. We carry all of them except of course you can have your wing in all black or in color...stay tuned...

formerly...

#11 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:26 AM

Oh Lord, wont you buy me
a backplate and wing?

My friends all dive with'em and I want the same thing.

A Dee-Eye-Arr set-up to make my heart sing;

Oh Lord, wont you buy me
a backplate and wing?

Platypusman
..I don't want a Mercedes-Benz...

Edited by PlatypusMan, 06 March 2006 - 07:26 AM.

#12 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:34 AM

:banghead: Platy.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#13 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:01 PM

Got to use mine this morning for two dives, certaintly a lot better for travel than my old 36# wing.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#14 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

Yes now you can get a great Deep Sea Supply backplate and wing in sleek black, royal blue, hot pink, bright orange, forest green, navy blue, camo, mint green, burgundy and more! We are the only supplier of these unique colors and you'll be able to dive in style, color and class with your new Deep Sea Supply and SingleDivers.com logo gear!

Well WW - as expected, after I re-rigged Elliot's DSS rig for Sara - she likes it- "gotta have one" - but as a broke single girl it'll probably be a gift from the usual generous benefactor.

Where can we look at colors?

Do you have the pro-fit or the hog rig? I think she'd be happier with the pro-fit, but was hoping to find someone who used it.

Best thoughts
Mark
ps - I'm appropriating Elliot's rig for Cozumel - I've really enjoyed it on two trips and several lake runs already.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#15 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 02 July 2006 - 01:10 PM

Yes now you can get a great Deep Sea Supply backplate and wing in sleek black, royal blue, hot pink, bright orange, forest green, navy blue, camo, mint green, burgundy and more! We are the only supplier of these unique colors and you'll be able to dive in style, color and class with your new Deep Sea Supply and SingleDivers.com logo gear!

Well WW - as expected, after I re-rigged Elliot's DSS rig for Sara - she likes it- "gotta have one" - but as a broke single girl it'll probably be a gift from the usual generous benefactor.

Where can we look at colors?

Do you have the pro-fit or the hog rig? I think she'd be happier with the pro-fit, but was hoping to find someone who used it.

Best thoughts
Mark
ps - I'm appropriating Elliot's rig for Cozumel - I've really enjoyed it on two trips and several lake runs already.

Hey Mark,

I'm not sure anyone has ordered a Pro-fit yet, but WW would know...I'm hoping to get a call back later this evening from her so I can better answer your question...it could be that WW has a sample, but I'm not sure

as for colors, I've seen the Forest Green and the Hot Pink; I'll talk with her about getting some swatches for you hopefully tonight

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users