• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Divin' Duds

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

Is this "rash" you write of similar to the allergies finGrabber mentions below? I've never worn neoprene so I don't know if I'm allergic to it but I do have very sensitive skin. Is a neoprene allergy quite common? :unsure:

Chafing rashes can occur even if you don't have allergies. Anytime you have water sitting next to your skin and material moving for longer periods of time you can get chafing rashes.

Ah, yes... chafing. Sadly, I know it well! :P

#17 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:21 PM

Wanna try one? :unsure:

I may possibly volunteer, depending on who is in it. :D

Actually, I think it has to be unoccupied in order for you to try it. :P

Edited by Twinklez, 29 March 2006 - 10:22 PM.

#18 Doc Crawdad

Doc Crawdad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:EAN, AOW
  • Logged Dives:~50

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:01 AM

Wanna try one? :P

:tears: Well that takes the fun right out of it. :tears:
I'm perfectly sane. I can't help it if the world is nuts!

#19 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:40 AM

Wanna try one? :P

:tears: Well that takes the fun right out of it. :tears:

Not necessarily, it depends on the location of the previous inhabitant and whether or not that person has donned other attire. (Oh...I guess it also might hinge slightly on how that person feels about men in tankini's!) :D

#20 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

I used to wear a one piece, but I just bought a tankini this year. I also wear a dive skin (divegoddess.com). They are fun! Keeps me covered up, no sunburn, easier to get my wetsuit on and a benefit of keeping me warmer on the dive! They dry fast too.
Sempar Partus!!

#21 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:09 PM

How comfortable are you in both a skin and a wetsuit, Jill?

I am very comfortable wearing both. As it has been said makes it easier to get a wet wetsuit on. But prefer not to have to wear the wetsuit. The other reason to wear a skin over your bathing suit is no velcro. As you are aware women's swimsuits are expensive and velcro really messes them up.

Edited by nextariel, 30 March 2006 - 08:10 PM.

Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#22 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:20 PM

depends where I am diving..if it's cold I wear a wetsuit...if its warm a one piece with my short shorts over it.
who's leading this parade anyway?

#23 scubanick

scubanick

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, basic nitrox, and deep diver
  • Logged Dives:24

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

(you look good in pink!) :D

Yeah, but you should see me out of pink! :P

:diver:
when is this show available
lol :lmao:

#24 ScubaChicky

ScubaChicky

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW; DM in training; NAUI Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:55 PM

I haven't tried a dive skin yet, but I am not a fan of one piece suits. I've been to some dive sites where the facilities are less than desirable, so you don't want to spend time futzing with your wet bathing suit.. much easier in a two piece.

For the pool work, I either wore a one piece or a bikini. I tried a tankini, but it rode up and was very annoying when swimming. (Also with a tankini, make sure the top is snug so you're not flashing everyone while swimming like I apparently did :P )

I usually wear a two piece that has bottoms that untie at the sides. If the weather is cold or there is no where to change, you can pull your pants on, untie the bottoms and pull them off.

Good luck with your OW class!

#25 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, but you should see me out of pink!

I *totally* agree. :P
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#26 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:42 PM

Also with a tankini, make sure the top is snug so you're not flashing everyone while swimming

and thats bad because .......... ?

:thankyou:
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#27 tracker

tracker

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:18

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:25 PM

(you look good in pink!)

Yeah, but you should see me out of pink!

OK, now that's just not right. I was focused on the tasks for the day and you had to go and flip the fantasy switch and make a procrastinator out of me. :D :(

#28 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:01 AM

I've been giving this some thought lately since the bikini I had worn under my wetsuit on previous dive trips had disintegrated in the dryer--bad judgment call. :birthday: I'm looking at a bandeau top and bikini bottom--gotta have the 2-pc to aid in using the head on a moving dive boat. :birthday:

#29 sqzmee

sqzmee

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:25 AM

I've been giving this some thought lately since the bikini I had worn under my wetsuit on previous dive trips had disintegrated in the dryer--bad judgment call. :cheerleader: I'm looking at a bandeau top and bikini bottom--gotta have the 2-pc to aid in using the head on a moving dive boat. :thankyou:

When I am on a live aboard I usually take 3 0r 4 bikinis since I basically live in them and it's nice to have a dry one to put on after dinner for the night dive. Yes, 2 pieces makes it so much easier for that last quick trip to the head! :) I am a wimp and get cold easily with multiple dives so I am in my 3ml minimum, also for skin protection. For colder temps a headed vest really makes a difference for me.

Not having done a purely snorkeling trip as in Holbox, I was wondering what is best to wear? Any suggestions? A shorty? :diver:

#30 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:45 AM

I've been giving this some thought lately since the bikini I had worn under my wetsuit on previous dive trips had disintegrated in the dryer--bad judgment call. :birthday: I'm looking at a bandeau top and bikini bottom--gotta have the 2-pc to aid in using the head on a moving dive boat. :diver:

When I am on a live aboard I usually take 3 0r 4 bikinis since I basically live in them and it's nice to have a dry one to put on after dinner for the night dive. Yes, 2 pieces makes it so much easier for that last quick trip to the head! :cool1: I am a wimp and get cold easily with multiple dives so I am in my 3ml minimum, also for skin protection. For colder temps a headed vest really makes a difference for me.

Not having done a purely snorkeling trip as in Holbox, I was wondering what is best to wear? Any suggestions? A shorty? :diver:

For what it's worth-Water Temps in Cozumel just a short week ago were 84F, you can make your decision from there!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users