• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Divin' Duds

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 DOCJASON

DOCJASON

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW--NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

Is this "rash" you write of similar to the allergies finGrabber mentions below? I've never worn neoprene so I don't know if I'm allergic to it but I do have very sensitive skin. Is a neoprene allergy quite common? :diver:

Chafing rashes can occur even if you don't have allergies. Anytime you have water sitting next to your skin and material moving for longer periods of time you can get chafing rashes. This is common in water sports (surfing for example), which is why you see supplemental rash guard shirts, vests, pants to minimize this occurance. Lycras work well for this as well under diving wetsuits.

I personally am a naturist...I prefer to be free from any cumbersome clothing under anything I wear!!

Just a males perspective....LOL... :birthday:

#32 sqzmee

sqzmee

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:51 AM

I've been giving this some thought lately since the bikini I had worn under my wetsuit on previous dive trips had disintegrated in the dryer--bad judgment call. :birthday: I'm looking at a bandeau top and bikini bottom--gotta have the 2-pc to aid in using the head on a moving dive boat. :diver:

When I am on a live aboard I usually take 3 0r 4 bikinis since I basically live in them and it's nice to have a dry one to put on after dinner for the night dive. Yes, 2 pieces makes it so much easier for that last quick trip to the head! :cool1: I am a wimp and get cold easily with multiple dives so I am in my 3ml minimum, also for skin protection. For colder temps a headed vest really makes a difference for me.

Not having done a purely snorkeling trip as in Holbox, I was wondering what is best to wear? Any suggestions? A shorty? :diver:

For what it's worth-Water Temps in Cozumel just a short week ago were 84F, you can make your decision from there!!

:P That sounds perfect! So maybe just a shorty for some protection. Or nothing at all. Well, bathing suit of course! :diver:

#33 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:28 PM

:P That sounds perfect! So maybe just a shorty for some protection. Or nothing at all. Well, bathing suit of course! :wakawaka:

Several points of view on warm water and suits.

I'm in the camp of wearing a "skin" i.e. a 1/2 mm suit for protection scrapes, stingy thingies and sun. SWMBO wears a lycra suit that gives her sun protection.

Strictly speaking, given the water temperature, no suit is required, and for some of us, nothing at all would be my vote. :cheerleader:
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users