• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How's a guy to know?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#76 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:06 AM

And drinking card games!

Ahh yes, then there is a fun version of drinking UNO my friends and I came up with in college. That mindless game takes on a whole new meaning.

I have played that one too! My favorite drinking game is categories.....best category.....Norm quotes from Cheers. This game is also fun without drinking but way more fun if you are!

I do believe we have drifted.....
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#77 JackBSwift

JackBSwift

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:31 AM

ahh yes, what was the question again? games people play? forget about it ( in my best tony soprano voice). Its not even worth someone's time or effort.
"Love What You Do.....Do What You Love."

#78 Hawaiimish

Hawaiimish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:6

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:42 PM

:cheerleader: My two cents,

I'm new to the dating game and I've got to say it is frustrating. Seems that I only get approached by older men and no matter that I am up front and tell them "thanks but no thanks" they just don't get it. I don't like games and much prefer being up front. What is a girl to do?
"Ever notice that 'what the hell' always seems to be the best decision?"

#79 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:06 PM

And drinking card games!

There is one game that's not worth playing a strip version of.....guesses?

Russian Roulette?

Well that makes two... I was thinking solitare....

And drinking card games!

Ahh yes, then there is a fun version of drinking UNO my friends and I came up with in college. That mindless game takes on a whole new meaning.

We came up with strip spin the bottle as a drinking game

#80 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:00 AM

:D My two cents,

I'm new to the dating game and I've got to say it is frustrating. Seems that I only get approached by older men and no matter that I am up front and tell them "thanks but no thanks" they just don't get it. I don't like games and much prefer being up front. What is a girl to do?

Some times it takes awhile to sink in, years ago I had a huge crush on a young lady till she made a comment about her mother who was probably my age being single and looking for a guy but "she was old and used up", ouch that hurt!
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#81 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:45 AM

Some times it takes awhile to sink in, years ago I had a huge crush on a young lady till she made a comment about her mother who was probably my age being single and looking for a guy but "she was old and used up", ouch that hurt!

Damn, that was a harsh statement that young lady made! I would have never made such a statement about my mom, who said she felt like she was 17 inside up right up until the week before she died. Heck, if she'd known I had made such a statement, I would have gotten my ears boxed!!! But at least old and used-up to some is prime and experienced to others!

Edited by lgrahamtx, 23 May 2006 - 08:46 AM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#82 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

Ok I'm going to bring the topic of womens games back up....

Just because I'm irratated and well this is a good place to vent ;)

Theres a girl I've been flirting with (and even SLIGHTLY seeing)... I KNOW she likes me (This seems to be a standard in my stories lately :P )... I've even had friends ask "When are you two going to stop playing games and see each other"

I've wondered the same... Now heres the story... We'd be standing close (several paces beyond the personal zone) to each other talking... I slide closer she backs away... Which tells me she's not ready... This has happened several times. I'm thinking she's either playing hard to get (a game I do not play) or just not ready...

Well today we're talking about the general dating thing and she tells me "I'll ALWAYS back away and tell a guy "NO". I want a guy who'll read me and know that I mean yes. Both for kissing and sex."

Uhm isn't that rape?!?!?! Obviously I'm NOT going to see her anymore but WTF? How the #$@#$ is a guy supposed to know you want it when you're backing off and telling him no? It's a freaken trap!

"Officer I told him NO!"

Ok sorry just had to get the frustation off my chest... Time to find a non physcho chick :)
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#83 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:02 PM

Make no contact with her for 3-4 days... see what happens. Frankly, I'd tell her to get lost.

#84 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

She's deliberately sending mixed signals...she likes being chased. Heck, it's nice feeling desired, and it's a great way to feel powerful and in control. (how do you spell control freak?) So what happens when the chase is over? Will she be on to the next game?

If you really like her then put your cards on the table...tell her. Tell her just what you told us, and that you'd like to know. If the games continue it's up to you to decide how long you wish to continue them. However, if she is genuinely interested in you then I believe she'll tell you, just as she told you she enjoys the game. If she's not genuine...you're wasting precious time in pursuit of the wrong woman for you.

#85 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:46 PM

I agree with Tina. The girl likes to be chased (heck we all do to some extent!) but enough is enough. Like Tina mentioned put your cards on the table, tell her you don't play that way and see what happens. Good luck and keep up informed!!!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#86 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:52 PM

I agree with Tina. The girl likes to be chased (heck we all do to some extent!) but enough is enough. Like Tina mentioned put your cards on the table, tell her you don't play that way and see what happens. Good luck and keep up informed!!!!

Cards have been out on the table everything has been said and done. Before I made the post. I wasn't meaning to ask for advice I was just venting. I like the chase as much as the female does... But my feet are freakin tired of running! Now I think she's just Psycho :cheerleader: ... She's very fun to be with so friends we will stay but that's about it.
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#87 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

Sounds like you need an SD trip where you can meet some "real" women! :wakawaka:

Seriously, her preferences are certainly different; however she was forthcoming with the information once asked. That's more than you get from most women even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

What I got out of your writing is that she likes to say no subtly and make you chase her...eventually giving in...maybe. It's possible that you were being kind in how you put it...and maybe she shared that she likes to say no and have you get rough...definately different. Wasn't there so I don't know. She doesn't sound like a psycho...a little off maybe, certainly a control freak that needs to feel she's lusted after...but not a psycho.

Either way, she certainly isn't for you and we're all glad you didn't get caught up in the trap. :cheerleader:

#88 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:13 PM

Sounds like you need an SD trip where you can meet some "real" women! :cheerleader:

Yeah if only labor day would hurry the hell up...I swear days grow loooonger and looonger as it gets closer and closer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users