• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DIVE OF THE MONTH: Memorial Day Diving and Fun! Myrtle Beach, SC

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Activities (5 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of activities at night would you like to do while in Myrtle Beach?

1. Dinner and Show (i.e. Midevil Times/Dixie Stampede, etc) (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Bar on the Water (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. Amusement Park/Go-Carting (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Nightclub (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Shopping (0 votes [0.00%])

What kind of food would you like for group dinners?

1. American (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Italian (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Seafood (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

4. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Board Status:Studying for Exams (May 1-15th)
  • Cert Level:Master Diver / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:12 AM

Do you have plans for Memorial Day Weekend? If not, you should come diving/enjoy North Myrtle Beach with us for Memorial Day Weekend!

We will be carpooling from the NOVA/VA/MD Metro area around 12:00pm on Friday, May 26th, and leave Monday and arriving back in DC the evening of Monday, May 29th. If you would prefer to arrive/leave at a different time/do less dives--let me know and I will forward you different pricing.

For divers: 3 days of diving & 3 nights hotel (4 per room)(does not include air/nitrox fills) = $435.00(tentative)

For non-divers: 3 nights stay at hotel (4 per room) = $160.00(tenative)

Non-Divers:
Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach has every attraction imaginable from Horsebackriding, Surfing, Windsurfing, Amusement Parks, Aquariums, Great Beaches, to Shopping. So while some of us are out diving :birthday: -- go enjoy yourself and then meet back up with us for dinner and outings to the clubs :cool2: , shows and amusement park!

For those of you that are interested -- I am happy to try and book a show/dinner and show one night. They have a lot of great shows-- so let me know! Make sure to fill out the poll so I know what ya'll guys want to do!

Divers:
Saterday: Hebe and H.M.S. St. Cathan: (2 dives) Also known as twin wrecks, the Hebe, a Dutch freighter and British sub chaser St. Cathan collided in 1942. They now lie in 90-110 ft of water 42 miles off our coast and 1/4 mile apart. Both ships hold a vast amount of marine life and numerous artifacts. Visibility often approaching and exceeding 100 ft these are two of our most favorite dive sites.

Sunday: BP-25: (2/3 dives) Sunk as part of the South Carolina artificial reef program in 1985, this 180 ft British Petroleum oil tanker has a instresting past. From a working tanker, to drug runner and then artificial reef, the BP-25's mysterious past continues. For after she was sunk her entire bridge was suddenly removed without a trace. However since she has come to rest on the sea floor in 90 ft of water she has become covered in marine life, and is really an oasis in the dessert 34 miles offshore where she lies.

Monday: Governor: (2 dives) An unidentified civil war side wheel steamer, the Governor is a "diggers delight", and yields a bounty of brass artifacts. Civil war belt buckles, rifles, cannon balls, and various other artifacts have been recovered from this wreck on a regular basis. The Governor is 22 miles of our coast and lies in 80 ft of water.

The boat we go off is awesome and HUGE! It is favorite dive boat and the Captain and crew are some of the best!

If you think you might be interested in this -- let me know as soon as possible so I can see what the interest is out there.

Cheers!
Vanessa :birthday:

p.s. I will book rooms after I get a tentative head count. The price may go up or down depending on the accomadations. But I am estimating anywhere from $25 to a little over $50.00/pp/per night. I will forward payment details later.
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."
~JAN ERIK VOLD, What All The World Knows, 1970~

Check out the next NOVA/DC/MD Happy Hour/Or Local Event

#2 Drgnfiend

Drgnfiend

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Assistant Instructor
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

Not sure if I'll be able to make it or not, friends and I have an annual canoeing trip that we do over Memorial day weekend, but if it falls through I am probably up for this.

#3 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:22 PM

hmm.. trying to figure out which is a worse excuse.. annual canoeing trip.. or friends b-day party? :cool2:

Alright, you know I would love to see you in the water! Hope you can come!
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."

#4 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

Maybe we can convince Tuck to let us do one really long dive on the St Cathan...now that would be fun! But then again, any dive would be nice off the the Dolphin II. Who know's maybe we can opt out of the BP and hit the 18 Fathom instead. Lots of cool things to find on here... plus it's just a nice dive.

#5 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

Sorry Kamala -- can you fix my post. I lied.. it is actually 3 days of diving not 4.

Also, these are the tentative people we have coming so far!

Yes:
Vanessa aka Wreckgoddess
Doris aka AriesNo1
WWT987
VADiver
Chris
Max

Maybe:
Drgnfiend
Steve-O
Merfemme aka Aimee
Sheffy
Skubadu
Lisa aka
Cybersurfer

#6 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

Sorry Kamala -- can you fix my post. I lied.. it is actually 3 days of diving not 4.

Yes:
Vanessa aka Wreckgoddess
Doris aka AriesNo1
WWT987
VADiver
Chris
Max

Maybe:
Drgnfiend
Steve-O
Merfemme aka Aimee
Sheffy
Skubadu
Lisa aka
Cybersurfer

it's been fixed!

#7 Drgnfiend

Drgnfiend

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Assistant Instructor
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:16 AM

Sorry guys as much as I'd love to do this, the canoeing trip is a go now that everyone finally said yes. Y'all have a blast and I expect to see lots of pictures.

#8 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:47 AM

Yes:
Vanessa aka Wreckgoddess
Doris aka AriesNo1
WWT987
VADiver
Chris
Max

Maybe:
Drgnfiend
Steve-O
Merfemme aka Aimee
Sheffy
Skubadu
Lisa aka
Cybersurfer

:lmao: Chris and Max are coming too. We will have so much fun.

Chris_and_Max.JPG

#9 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:26 PM

Is Chris with us or that "other" group?

#10 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:46 PM

WreckGoddess,

I just found out that I am going to be in the Myrtle Beach area for part of the Memorial Day weekend. I have other commitments for Friday and will be returning to NJ on Sunday evening. But, I would love to team up with the SD group for Saturday diving and other activities on Saturday night if possible.

If this is workable, count me in. My accomodations are all arranged, so I only need to know the dive schedule, charter location, etc. Would also be helpful to know a nearby place to rent nitrox tanks and weights.

Edited by BubbleBoy, 11 May 2006 - 04:50 PM.

BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#11 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:16 PM

WreckGoddess,

I just found out that I am going to be in the Myrtle Beach area for part of the Memorial Day weekend. I have other commitments for Friday and will be returning to NJ on Sunday evening. But, I would love to team up with the SD group for Saturday diving and other activities on Saturday night if possible.

If this is workable, count me in. My accomodations are all arranged, so I only need to know the dive schedule, charter location, etc. Would also be helpful to know a nearby place to rent nitrox tanks and weights.

Excellent!! :evilgrin: We would love to have you join us!
I'll send you the info.

#12 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:18 PM

UPDATE TO TRIP INFO & PAYMENT

Join local singles and divers for fun and diving in Myrtle Beach on Memorial Day Weekend!
(Friday, May 26th-Monday, May 29th)

For divers: 4 days of diving & 3 nights at Ocean Reef Resort (4/room)(does not include tanks/air/nitrox fills) = $442.00

For non-divers: 3 nights stay at Ocean Reef Resort (4/room) = $160.00

Ocean Reef Resort: Oceanview rooms just minutes from great attractions, amusements, entertainment, the world famous Grand Strand golf and all the Grand Strand has to offer. Check out their website @ http://www.mbmartinique.com/

Non-Divers: Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach has every attraction imaginable from Horsebackriding, Surfing, Windsurfing, Amusement Parks, Aquariums, Great Beaches, to Shopping. So while some of us are out diving -- go enjoy yourself and then meet back up with us for dinner and outings to the clubs, shows and amusement park!

Divers: Go with Dolphin Dive Charters on the of the FASTEST, LARGEST, Dive boats you’ve ever seen! Check out their website @ http://www.dolphindivecharter.com/

Saturday: Hebe/H.M.S. St. Cathan: (2 dives) Also known as twin wrecks, the Hebe, a Dutch freighter and British sub chaser St. Cathan collided in 1942. They now lie in 90-110 ft of water 42 miles off our coast and 1/4 mile apart. Both ships hold a vast amount of marine life and numerous artifacts. Visibility often approaching and exceeding 100 ft these are two of our most favorite dive sites.
Sunday: BP-25: (2/3 dives) Sunk as part of the South Carolina artificial reef program in 1985, this 180 ft British Petroleum oil tanker has a interesting past. From a working tanker, to drug runner and then artificial reef, the BP-25's mysterious past continues. For after she was sunk her entire bridge was suddenly removed without a trace. However since she has come to rest on the sea floor in 90 ft of water she has become covered in marine life, and is really an oasis in the dessert 34 miles offshore where she lies.
Monday: Governor: (2 dives) An unidentified civil war side wheel steamer, the Governor is a "diggers delight", and yields a bounty of brass artifacts. Civil war belt buckles, rifles, cannon balls, and various other artifacts have been recovered from this wreck on a regular basis. The Governor is 22 miles of our coast and lies in 80 ft of water.

I think there will be two groups carpooling – one group leaving around noon on Friday, May 26th. The other group will be leaving after work on Friday May 26th. We will return the evening of Monday, May 29th.

* We only have 12 slots so make sure to RSVP and submit payment as soon as possible but you must be RSVP’d by May 19th!
** If submitting payment via PayPal please submit $452.00(divers)/$165.00(non-divers) to kamala@singledivers.com. Otherwise, send check/money in the amount

#13 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:33 PM

The Governor is a great digging wreck, but has little relief. You can find all sorts of artifacts on her from riflers to lead bullets. This time I'm armed with a scooter and deco bottles!!

#14 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:12 AM

Is Chris with us or that "other" group?

Hmm, Vinny ... I think you are right. Chris signed up for both trips, but decided to go with the "other" group. :) Vanessa needs to remove him from this list. Well, we will have fun anyway, right?!!! :D

#15 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

Hey Wreck Goddess,

It's me again. I just wanted to let you know that I am definitely on for Saturday, May 27. I hope I'm not bumping anyone who wants to make the entire trip. If that happens let me know and I'll try to work something out.

I'll be diving a single tank, preferably EAN32 100 that I will need to rent.

Couple more questions:

How much for Saturday diving and activities? Should I pay you, Kamala, or just make arrangements directly with Dolphin Divers?

What time and where exactly do we meet on Saturday?

Estimated water temp, so I can know what wetsuit to bring?
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users