• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Guam

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Marina

Marina

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:80+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:23 PM

Leave for Guam tomorrow and get in the water Sunday morning. We are going with MDA and are going to get our deep diver specialty out of the way. I am looking forward to it, and it should be a great time. thanks for all your help, Marina

Hi. No problem. Enjoy your dives in Guam. I really do miss deep and warm water dives. Maybe you're going to the deep wreck dive.. or maybe Blue Hole.. im just guessing... have fun.

Dette

#17 JackBSwift

JackBSwift

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:38 AM

Leave for Guam tomorrow and get in the water Sunday morning. We are going with MDA and are going to get our deep diver specialty out of the way. I am looking forward to it, and it should be a great time. thanks for all your help, Marina

Hi. No problem. Enjoy your dives in Guam. I really do miss deep and warm water dives. Maybe you're going to the deep wreck dive.. or maybe Blue Hole.. im just guessing... have fun.

Dette

Marina, this is one eye opening experience. It is day 2 of our dive trip and I have never seen anything like this before. The tourists have absolutely no skill and just about destroy any reef they get their hands, feet, tank, weights, whatever on. Though the divemasters are trying to help as much as possible, they simply cannot control the way people are diving. After going to Grand Cayman and Roatan, it is truly unbelievable!!!

MDA is a fantastic shop. They are doing a first rate job. Its just that there are so many tourists who think they can dive, and are breaking every rule in the book. They are a hazard to the other divers and themselves. I have heard that they are certified in some agency that is not NAUI or PADI. That agency has very relaxed ways of certifying people that give them confidence they really shouldnt have.

We dove Blue Hole two days in a row. The second dives of the morning were Western Shoals and Finger Reef. Across from the MDA shop there is a good shore diving site where you can check out oall the tourists looking out through a big glass bubble.
"Love What You Do.....Do What You Love."

#18 maninthesea

maninthesea

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Cert Level:Trimix and Rebreather also Padi Inst and TDI Inst Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Quit that long ago-Nothing left to prove

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:21 AM

Well
Glad to see you had a good time. Sorry I missed you I would have at least done a night dive with you. The shore dive you were talking about is Fish Eye or Piti Bomb Holes(not actually holes from bombs) A lot of us call it "The People Tank" If your ever coming again you can email me.
Cheers Jim
Tip of the day- Never suck on a loaded gun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users