• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A sad day for my family

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:21 AM

It has been a hard day. My grandfather passed away very early this morning. I always had a very special connection to my grandfather and that connection remained up until his last days. I had a chance to fly out to see him a week and a half ago to say my goodbyes and that connection was still there. I will miss him so much.

This is a copy of his obituary:

TEICHMAN – Joseph Teichman passed away peacefully on April 12, 2006 at Copernicus Lodge in Toronto, Ont. He was 95-years old. Joseph was born in Dabkow (Lubaczow), Poland on March 13, 1911. In 1926, 15-years old, with only a suitcase in-hand, Joseph clearly demonstrated his pioneer spirit when he immigrated entirely on his own to his uncle’s and aunt’s farm in East Selkirk, Manitoba. Two years later, he permanently moved to Toronto. Joseph is survived by Stephanie, his loving wife of 68-years, his son George (Toronto, Ont.), his daughter Camille Tribe (Mt. Lehman, BC), three grandchildren, Sean Tribe (Ivy Lake, BC), Michelle Tribe (Vancouver, BC) and Sarah Teichman (Toronto, Ont.) and one great-grandchild Robbie Tribe (Ivy Lake, BC). An avid fisherman and hunter, Joseph will best be remembered for his love of joke-telling and his devotion to his family. Respecting his wishes, Joseph will be cremated, with no service. In lieu of flowers, donations to Copernicus Lodge Foundation, 66 Roncesvalles Ave., Toronto, Ont. M9R 3A7 would be gratefully appreciated.

#2 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:25 AM

oh darlin' I am so sorry to hear that. :lmao: What a lovely obituary and I have a feeling your Grandfather saw much of his spirit in you.

My thoughts will be with you and your family during this time.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#3 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:39 AM

Hey GF, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa, I have no doubt he was just as special as you are. All the best to you and your family during this time of sorrow darlin'. Remember though, because you learned so much from him, he will never really be gone... he will live on forever inside you!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#4 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:43 AM

Michelle - so sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you so much for sharing with us. My thoughts are with you.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#5 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:57 AM

Michelle, thanks for sharing this with us, please accept my most sincere condolences. As one who never knew either grandfather in my family and had very shaky relationships at best with my grandmothers, I am envious of folks like you who had good relationships with grandparents and can only imagine what you must feel. As Neptuner said, please know that your grandpa will continue to live on inside of you.
-Mitch-

#6 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:22 AM

Michelle,

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything you need, please let us know!

Kim

#7 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:27 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, sweetie. He must be a very special man to be so cherished in life and in death. My thoughts are with you and your family during this time.

Que

#8 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:33 AM

My most sincere condolences to you and your family, and prayers for the "peace that passes all understanding" to be with you all. :diver:

Sounds like a great testimony of the human spirit. I also want to lift up in praise that marriage of 68 years!

B--
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#9 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

Michelle,

I'm very sorry to read about your family's loss. Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful man who touched the lives of many. May he live long in the hearts of those who had the good fortune to know and love him.

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:16 PM

Michelle...you and your family are in my prayers. Losing a loved one is so hard. He seemed like a wonderful man as is his granddaughter! Let us know if we can do anything to help...kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#11 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

Michelle,

You and your family are in my prayers. I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. Your Granddad sounded like an interesting man.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#12 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:48 PM

My sincerest condolences on your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#13 seafox

seafox

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:Inst for : Recreational, Technical and Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructor, I never stop learning!
  • Logged Dives:4000+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:06 PM

Michelle, I am sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Cornel

#14 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:35 PM

Michelle, I'm very sorry about your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rick
:diver:

#15 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds as though you have many wonderful memories to cherish.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users