• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

My Blackbeards Cruise and Other Activities – May 1

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 triggerfish

triggerfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:42 PM

i DO get seasick...and motion sick, and get migraines (all realted). antiemetics don't bother me. i can dive while wearing a scop patch too...just have a really dry mouth...which makes me sound stupid when i try to talk!

#17 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:52 PM

Diverlady a trip report well done!. it sets an example to others what a dive report should lOOk like. So it wasnt a bunch of Rose's but I'm glad your back :lmao:

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#18 ScubaKim

ScubaKim

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:54 PM

Anyway, I'd suggest 2-3 hours ahead just to stay ahead of the game...
Sometimes nothing will help... and then it's just miserable...

We arrived at the boat a few hours before we were planned to sail. THat is when I took the first one. THen I took the next one after dinner which was still before we sailed away and finally a 3 third as we sailed away. So that should have been enough. But I guess this was just another life experience.

I still had fun and made some great friends. That is what is important. :lmao:

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 May 2004 - 06:16 PM

Thanks girl...I was kinda leaning towards trying this but will pass as an official SD trip. We have found some similar value based trips that offer more creature comforts...or at least more higher end camping at sea....kind of like the difference tween having a air mattress in your tent or not! LOL!!! Thanks for the report...and we'll look at other options for SD trips! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#20 CuriousMe

CuriousMe

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180+

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:24 PM

Sorry you guys had a bit of a tough time....I just want to let folks know that I've been on Blackbeard's twice and had a wonderful time both times. The second time, we had a really rough crossing......but thankfully, there were no leaks in our bunk area (I was also in the forward cabin). We also had a great DM both times....no broken gear and no folks disappearing down the wall on the drift dive :wakawaka:

For sure, it's not a luxury kind of activity......but I always had my basics met (clean, warm, bunk, A/C in the cabin, good and plentiful food, etc...). We didn't feel the nights were boring at all, and we didn't even know the folks on the boat....the first time I went with a buddy and the second, I didn't know anyone on the boat. Of course we had one night in Bimini, and then we had another night where we met up with one of the other Blackbeard's boats and we had a bonfire (with bevis) on one of the little pile of sand islands. In general though we'd be either up on deck talking or down in the main area chatting or looking at the fish id books, or looking at the site maps, etc...

I still keep in touch with folks from both trips.

Again, sorry you guys didn't have the best experience.

Peace,
Cathie
"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic
But I had a good life all the way."

He Went to Paris, Jimmy Buffett

DeColores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users