• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OceanFest '06!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:16 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics Jill.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#17 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:04 AM

Another thread (where Dive_Girl mentions the movie "The Cave") reminded me that I forgot to tell about a cool seminar I attended at OceanFest.

"Big John" McLaughlin was the stunt double for Lloyd Bridges in "Sea Hunt," was the double for Sean Connery in many of the "James Bond 007" movies, and has been involved in underwater film production since the 1950s. He told (and showed cool slides) about a lot of his films.

While I don't approve of some of his methods for using sharks for capturing footage, he still had some interesting things to tell about the development of cameras and scenery for use in underwater production. He also had some things, both good and bad, to say about some of the actors he met, trained for diving, and worked with over the years. His slides said more than I can put into words.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users