• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: SD PNW 2-Tank Boat Dive - PNW Underwater Hunt weekend

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:27 AM

In connection with the 4th Annual PNW Underwater Treasure Hunt (see below for directions), SD will again this year be meeting up the next day for a 2-tank boat dive! Weather was fantastic last year and one of our stars of the PNW, the Giant Octopus, was not shy in making a HUGE appearance for one visiting diver - SD's very own WreckWench!! Come see why we cold water divers are such fanatics!

BANDITO 2-TANK BOAT DIVE - Sunday May 14th, 9am departure

Charter Information:

Bandito Charters is one of our wonderful Puget Sound dive charters! All Bandito boats have an enclosed cabin area with heat for the cooler times of the year, and a head. All boats are Coast Guard Inspected vessels with all the equipment required by the Coast Guard for a vessel of that size on the inland waters of Puget Sound. Each boat is equipped with an Oxygen kit for dive emergencies. All boats are wet boats - you can wear your exposure suit throughout.

Lunch of soup, sandwiches, and snacks are included.

NOTE - unlike most dive charter areas, Pacific Northwest dive charters DO NOT provide tanks and weights. Divers are responsible to provide all personal equipment.

Johnny's Seafood departure dock directions:

From I-5: Take exit 133 (City Center) onto 705. Follow signs to Schuster Parkway. Take a right at the first light (Dock Street). Follow Dock Street back along the waterway until you get to the overpass. Turn left under overpass just pass the Johnny’s Seafood parking lot. The dock is on the back corner of Johnny’s along the waterway.

Click here for a Johnny's Seafood area street map.

Divers Flying In:

Contact Dive_Girl via email or PM regarding local dive shop info so you may arrange for tanks and weights.

Payment Information:

2-tank dive - $70 (this doesn't include tip for Bandito crew - it is customary to tip $5 per dive or day)
Please add 3% if paying via paypal or via credit card. (Please ask for the credit card authorization information)
If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to SingleDivers.com email = kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name as well as the trip name you are sending money for in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment with screen name & trip name on memo line on the check to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

Who's Going:

1. Kamala aka WW (pd)
2. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl (pd)
3. Stan aka Desert_Diver (pd)
4. Frank aka fbp (pd)
5. GlazingMcGyver (pd)
6. Michelle aka cmt489 (pd)
7. Colleen aka gis_gal (pd)
8. Wylerbear aka Georgia (pd)

4TH ANNUAL NW UNDERWATER TREASURE HUNT & DIVE SHOW LOCATION – Saturday May 13th, 8am-4pm

From I-5: Take exit 132 (Hwy 16). Proceed west on Hwy 16 approximately 3 miles and exit on the 6th Avenue exit (signed Vashon ferry). Turn left onto 6th Avenue at the stop light. Turn right at the next stop light onto Hwy 163 (Pearl Street). Proceed north on Pearl Street, approximately 3.5 miles, to Point Defiance Park. Directional signs will lead you to Owen beach and the Kayak Symposium.

Parking is available at the entrance to Point Defiance Park, the Boathouse, Funland, Parking Lot B, Owen Beach, Main and Rustic Picnic Sites, at all view areas, Never Never Land and Fort Nisqually. During early hours, the Zoo back lot can be used.

Click here for a Pr. Defiance Park area street map.

OK – so where are the two locations in connection to each other? Well if you look at the image for Pt. Defiance Park you will see Wright Park and an orange line in the lower right hand corner of the map – those match up with the upper left hand corner of the Johnny’s Seafood map. The park is noted in green on both maps and the orange line is Hwy 705.

It’s likely that after the treasure hunt, we will convene at the same place we did last year for drinks, the Ram’s Head Brewery. Posted Image Where’s that!!??? Easy, it’s right on the waterfront on Ruston Way – look at the Pt. Defiance Park map. Gosh, this is better than a Mentos commerical...:cool1:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:15 PM

When's the deadline?
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:51 AM

When's the deadline?

I'm sorting thru checks and mail and paypal payments as we speak. If we can't fill the boat with SD divers, I'll release the spots we have held.

Deadline is as soon as you can so we know where we stand. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:52 AM

So this year I'm pretty confident with my drysuit as I now have well over 100 dives in it so now to just brace myself for the cold!

But it is sooooooooooooo worth it! The beauty of the PNW diving was incredible! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:19 AM

I have confirmed with Rick form Bandito Charters this morning. Departure time is 9am on Sunday, the 14th. We are departing out of Johnny's Seafood dock not far from Les Davis and the Ram's Head Brewery along the waterfront. The directions link is posted in the first post of this thread.

If you are interested, please sign up this week to reserve your spot. Rick will be looking to confirm his boats for that day and he will fill spots with any divers signed up for that day of diving. I don't want to be waving at you from across the water on another boat, so come diving with us! :teeth:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#6 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:26 AM

If you are interested, please sign up this week to reserve your spot. Rick will be looking to confirm his boats for that day and he will fill spots with any divers signed up for that day of diving. I don't want to be waving at you from across the water on another boat, so come diving with us! :lmao:

Sign me up! I'll get with Kamala later today for the $$$. I can't pass up the opportunity to see what I look like all blue from the cold. :teeth:

Stan

#7 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:34 AM

Actually most people turn purple..... :teeth:

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:19 PM

Welcome aboard Stan...you and I can BOTH be purple!!! :cool1:

formerly...

#9 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:04 PM

Welcome aboard Stan...you and I can BOTH be purple!!! :cool1:

Hmmm - my favorite color :diver:
"

#10 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

As I said earlier, I'm planning on it..

So should we send a check to KK or just sign up on Banditos' web site???

Either way is find, let me know...
I'm there...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#11 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:32 PM

Send a check to WW and she'll take care of the charter with Rick. Looking forward to seeing you again Frank!

#12 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

Desert_Diver brought up a great point for out-of-town divers (which really does include me here since I am about 2.5 hours South of where this event is being held) - WHERE THE HECK IS AT!!?? :birthday:

So, with a little digging - well try A LOT of digging to put together some decent info since it doesn't appear to be anywhere in one single place, we've come up with the following:

4TH ANNUAL NW UNDERWATER TREASURE HUNT & DIVE SHOW LOCATION – Saturday May 13th, 8am-4pm

From I-5: Take exit 132 (Hwy 16). Proceed west on Hwy 16 approximately 3 miles and exit on the 6th Avenue exit (signed Vashon ferry). Turn left onto 6th Avenue at the stop light. Turn right at the next stop light onto Hwy 163 (Pearl Street). Proceed north on Pearl Street, approximately 3.5 miles, to Point Defiance Park. Directional signs will lead you to Owen beach and the Kayak Symposium.

Parking is available at the entrance to Point Defiance Park, the Boathouse, Funland, Parking Lot B, Owen Beach, Main and Rustic Picnic Sites, at all view areas, Never Never Land and Fort Nisqually. During early hours, the Zoo back lot can be used.

Click here for a Pr. Defiance Park area street map.

BANDITO CHARTER DEPARTURE DOCK LOCATION – Sunday May 14th, 9am departure

From I-5: Take exit 133 (City Center) onto 705. Follow signs to Schuster Parkway. Take a right at the first light (Dock Street). Follow Dock Street back along the waterway until you get to the overpass. Turn left under overpass just pass the Johnny’s Seafood parking lot. The dock is on the back corner of Johnny’s along the waterway.

Click here for a Johnny's Seafood area street map.

OK – so where are the two locations in connection to each other? Well if you look at the image for Pt. Defiance Park you will see Wright Park and an orange line in the lower right hand corner of the map – those match up with the upper left hand corner of the Johnny’s Seafood map. The park is noted in green on both maps and the orange line is Hwy 705.

It’s likely that after the treasure hunt, we will convene at the same place we did last year for drinks, the Ram’s Head Brewery. Posted Image Where’s that!!??? Easy, it’s right on the waterfront on Ruston Way – look at the Pt. Defiance Park map. Gosh, this is better than a Mentos commerical...:birthday:

I really hope this helps everyone. If you have any questions, please let me know!

#13 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:05 AM

6gill, I've added you to the boat roster! We'll look forward to diving with you!

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:12 AM

Thanks Nicolle....you rock! We should add the great info you added to the first post so it is easy for people to find it!

Welcome FPB, Stan and 6Gill.....woohoo!!! -ww

p.s. Got your check Stan! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#15 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:31 AM

Thanks Nicolle....you rock! We should add the great info you added to the first post so it is easy for people to find it!

Done.... :wavey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users