• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Deep Sea Detectives episode: Mystery of the Channel Collision

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:58 PM

Mystery of the Channel Collision
Airs Monday night (5/1/06) on The History Channel at 10:00pm ET/PT
It also replays on the Discover Channel 4 hours later at 2am Tuesday morning

"On a stormy night in March 1899, two ships head toward each other in the English Channel. The Duke of Buccleugh, a 380-foot iron steamer is bound for India, with a mixed cargo of china, glassware, and industrial goods. The Vandalia, a wooden sailing ship loaded with barrels of petroleum is hurrying to reach London. Shortly after 1pm, the two ships collide with deadly, but surprising results. The iron Duke sinks quickly, with her entire crew of 47; the badly damaged wooden Vandalia limps ashore. The surviving captain reports his sailing ship was operating properly when suddenly rammed by the iron steamer, and for 100 years, his claim goes unchallenged. But now, evidence on the wreck suggests a different story. Did the Duke of Buccleugh ram the Vandalia or was it the other way round? And just how does wood sink iron? Join our intrepid divers, John Chatterton and Richie Kohler, as they seek answers."

source: The History Channel
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:43 AM

darnnit.... i missed this one. I fell asleep.

#3 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:36 AM

I missed it too! I was in the Gorge giving an ocean status presentation to a nonprofit earth center. So I think I'm excused, right?? :birthday:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#4 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:22 AM

I recorded this one. :birthday:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users