• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Jersey Happy Hour YES ITS HAPPENING!!!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:59 AM

Hey guys. Look here for my photos from the evening.
NJ/NY Happy Hour

Sorry I didn't identify anyone but CRS has struck again. :)

Jemiah has a better one of the group (with Sparky) and she has a better rememberer than I do.

#92 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:35 AM

Hey, NJ/NY HH SDers! Thank you so much for attending our 1st HH! It was truly interesting and memorable! We were a very cool, fun bunch! :birthday: :)

I promise to write a thorough HH report shortly, post pics & quote you warmly and accurately! :diver:

#93 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 11 June 2006 - 10:05 AM

Oh my, my reputation has reached far and wide, hasn't it Dr. Bill? :)
No, I didn't behave myself. Made some jokes about the scuba mafia (though they might have been the gay contingent) As for diving, I am not much of a Jersey diver. I just don't get cold water and 2 ft. vis., not to mention all that lead. :diver:

BTW, when Geek posted the rest of us were still drinking. Oy, my head.

SO glad you lived up to your reputation, Ellen. Glad you all had a great time and plan to get together more frequently.

#94 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:54 AM

NJ/NY Happy Hour

Sorry I didn't identify anyone but CRS has struck again. :lmao:

Jemiah has a better one of the group (with Sparky) and she has a better rememberer than I do.

We've created an event gallery for you here! :)
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#95 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

NJ/NY Happy Hour

Sorry I didn't identify anyone but CRS has struck again. :lmao:

We've created an event gallery for you here! :)

No, worries, Ellen, I have posted pics in the gallery for you to relive all of those zany moments!

HH report on its way now!

#96 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:37 AM

6-8-06 UPDATE:

Calling all NJ/NYC Divers! :D

The first SD HH in the NY metropolitan area is going to be at Arthurs Landing on June 10th, 4PM until? :cheerleader:

Please tell all your single diver and potential diver friends to join SD and invite them to the HH to meet other SDers, including:

Myself, Jemiah aka got_air?will_dive
Mark, aka solodiver in nj
Ray, aka Latitude Adjustment
Ellen, aka fairybasslet
Dave, aka nyc-diver
Monte, aka BubbleBoy
Stephen, aka sjkocis
Rick, aka Hipshot (hopefully!)
First name?, aka Geek
Chris, aka rekdivr
And other :diver:s!

I'm going to make a reservation for outdoor seating! :) This is going to be a fantastic event! :taz:

The Happy Hour starts at 4pm and here's a link to Aurthurs Landing and there are directions on their site, see you in a few days!

Please post if you are joining us so we can add you to the list!

SoloDiver in NJ and got_air?will_dive

I tried to post this under the Happy Hour forum, unfortunately this big box would not let me (stupid box)..anyway...

I know there is a Northeast HH in Newport,RI (which I plan to attend) however is anyone interested in having one in the New Jersey area?

Sorry to say I got this invite while I was away in Europe. But would love to be included in the next one, so put me on the list! Arthur's Landing seems easy to get to from NYC even without a car(!)via a bus from Port Authority... looks like a great meeting place and a group I'd like to get to know!!!

Count me in for the next one-- there WILL be a next one, yes?

SusiQ :D

Edited by susiq, 07 August 2006 - 10:45 AM.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#97 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

Sorry we missed you Susiq, there was one last month at Dutch Springs but you would have needed a car for that.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#98 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:07 AM

NYC Diver took the ferry over from NYC so that was nice and easy for him. Actually, even though it's not official, I suggested to Kamala that we have our HH after this event.
DAN in Secaucus
I'm planning on attending this but I'm not sure if everyone can for the whole day. If not, we can always meet up afterwards. There are tons of places to get a drink or some food around there.

#99 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

NYC Diver took the ferry over from NYC so that was nice and easy for him. Actually, even though it's not official, I suggested to Kamala that we have our HH after this event.
DAN in Secaucus
I'm planning on attending this but I'm not sure if everyone can for the whole day. If not, we can always meet up afterwards. There are tons of places to get a drink or some food around there.

Yes perhaps a HH after this could work for me too, depending on where you hold it---that Arthur's Landing sure did look enticing..... as a Manhattanite w/o a car, figuring out the travel logistics to get over to the wilds of NJ will probably decide me.. Keep me posted.....when you choose a time and place.
Thanks,
SusiQ :cheerleader:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#100 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

DAN in Secaucus

Yes perhaps a HH after this could work for me too, depending on where you hold it---that Arthur's Landing sure did look enticing..... as a Manhattanite w/o a car, figuring out the travel logistics to get over to the wilds of NJ will probably decide me.. Keep me posted.....when you choose a time and place.
Thanks,
SusiQ :cool1:

Don't worry :cheerleader: Although I didn't drive to Arthur's Landing (as I expected to get snoggered), I did drive to DS. Why did I go on ?--Oh yeah! To tell you that there will usually be someone passing by to give a fellow SDer a lift :diver: ( Seeing as how these" Joi-sey" types seem to be taking the 'NY' out of the NY /NJ HH :diver: ) We NYers have got to stick together!! jeff aka S103
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#101 Reef Rider

Reef Rider

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - Could use help w/Nav skills - Deepest Dive Blue Hole Belize; most dives in the Caribbean
  • Logged Dives:96

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:43 PM

Why did I go on ?--Oh yeah! To tell you that there will usually be someone passing by to give a fellow SDer a lift :banghead: ( Seeing as how these" Joi-sey" types seem to be taking the 'NY' out of the NY /NJ HH :hiya: ) We NYers have got to stick together!! jeff aka S103

Damn right we NY'rs do - And how about our growing group of LI'rs? If we keep on this way we might have to start an addt'l HH - but never to exclude our other NY/NJ area :teeth: :thankyou: - All are always welcome!

#102 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

sad news.....

http://www.app.com/a...5/NEWS/90205017

sure was a nice place and location....

#103 Pheniox

Pheniox

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

Id be up for one, but the only night I'm really free is Saturday, unless anyone wanted to do a Sunday afternoon thing, that's the only free time I have right now

Holy thread necromancy, batman!

This thread is from 2006, with a February update from solodiver about the venue going away (I presume, the link doesn't work). Showing up on the listed date at the listed place will likely give two surprises: 1) No other SD'ers there, and 2) the place you show up at doesn't exist. :welcome:

fully aware and since some of the ladies have mentioned a NJ HH, I thought I would try to revive. So far, 2 replies.

#104 whodunit68

whodunit68

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi AOW, IANTD Intro Cave, 100 total dives
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Id be up for one, but the only night I'm really free is Saturday, unless anyone wanted to do a Sunday afternoon thing, that's the only free time I have right now

Holy thread necromancy, batman!

This thread is from 2006, with a February update from solodiver about the venue going away (I presume, the link doesn't work). Showing up on the listed date at the listed place will likely give two surprises: 1) No other SD'ers there, and 2) the place you show up at doesn't exist. :welcome:

fully aware and since some of the ladies have mentioned a NJ HH, I thought I would try to revive. So far, 2 replies.

sure can try to accomodate. I *think* most people can sneak out on Saturday nights but I guess let's see. It would be great to include all that're interested.
-----
Steve

• "Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them."
  • "All animals, except man, know that the principal business of life is to enjoy it."
  • "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." all 3 by Samuel Butler
  • "Save a life, adopt a shelter pet (http://www.petfinder.com/)"
  • "The secret of life is there ain't no secret and you don't get your money back."-Faith Hill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users