• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Jersey Happy Hour YES ITS HAPPENING!!!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#76 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:20 PM

Hey gang...can everyone who has an SD t-shirt wear one? That will make it easier to find people. Seems the care pkg I sent has gotten lost :P

So any ideas on how to make it more noticable that you are SingleDivers.com will help out tremendously!

And what if they have a dress code that says no shoes, no SD T-shirt no service :dance:

Someone told me if we wear our mask fins and snorkle into the restaurant that Got Air Will Dive is going to buy us a free drink..... :P

That should get some attention.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#77 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:34 AM

Hey gang...can everyone who has an SD t-shirt wear one? That will make it easier to find people. Seems the care pkg I sent has gotten lost :birthday:

So any ideas on how to make it more noticable that you are SingleDivers.com will help out tremendously!

And what if they have a dress code that says no shoes, no SD T-shirt no service :birthday:

Someone told me if we wear our mask fins and snorkle into the restaurant that Got Air Will Dive is going to buy us a free drink..... :welcome:

That should get some attention.

I'd be happy to get the first round! I just better see masks, fins, snorkel, and safety sausage inflated! :P

I heard from a purple fish that BubbleBoy was going to get the next round and dive into the Hudson afterwards! :birthday:

#78 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:53 AM

We can have a contest to see which guy has the biggest safety sausage.

#79 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:58 AM

:welcome: Yes, and who can inflate it the fastest! :P

I can tell this HH is going to be a very interesting and memorable one! :birthday:

#80 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:01 AM

:welcome: Yes, and who can inflate it the fastest! :P

I can tell this HH is going to be a very interesting and memorable one! :birthday:

Unless I scare everyone away. :birthday:

#81 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,725 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:52 AM

Hey gang...can everyone who has an SD t-shirt wear one? That will make it easier to find people. Seems the care pkg I sent has gotten lost :birthday:

And what if they have a dress code that says no shoes, no SD T-shirt no service :birthday:

I think we are safe on that one...boy are you all going to have a blast...I will need to start planning to join in on the Aug or Sept one! :welcome:

You can't have all the fun without me.... :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#82 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

I heard from a purple fish that BubbleBoy was going to get the next round and dive into the Hudson afterwards! :teeth:

I think I know that fish... from the last time I fell into the Hudson.

See you all tomorrow
BB

#83 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:33 AM

Yes!!!! The 1st NYC metropolitan area SD HH is happening today at 4PM at Arthurs Landing on the Hudson! :banghead: The weather is absolutely glorious! I hope everyone brings their shades! :birthday:

I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be two signs with the SingleDivers.com logo, one by the hostess and one on our table outdoors on the deck. So look for the purple fish in the water with the bubbles, and you're in the right place! There's no way you can miss us--we'll be having the most fun! :birthday:

If anyone gets lost, you can PM me anytime, I'll have internet capability up to and for the duration of the HH.

I look forward to meeting everyone and to discussing monthly NYC area SD HHs and local dive events, too! :birthday:

Best,

Jemiah aka got_air?will_dive [pronounced juh-my-uh but it's okay if you get it wrong! :birthday: ]

#84 Geek

Geek

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:21 PM

The Happy Hour happened as planned. :) It was fun meeting everyone and we seem to be on our way to some local diving together! :diver:

Edited by Geek, 10 June 2006 - 07:22 PM.

#85 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:36 PM

Not a detailed enough report, Geek. Your brothers and sisters here on the Left Coast want details and gossip! All of it... no secrets between SD members now. Did Ellen behave herself THIS time? Is it over so soon? Partying has just begun on this coast!

Here on the West Coast our group actually indulged in diving! Despite the south swell and 3-4 ft surf, we entered the water with 7-10' visibility and dove like REAL divers! Of course afterwards my group retired to my dive buddy Andrea's pool where the visibility was much better (and we could drink some wine as well).

Hope you all had a fantabulous time!

Edited by drbill, 10 June 2006 - 08:07 PM.

#86 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:00 PM

Not a detailed enough report, Geek. Your brothers and sisters here on the Left Coast want details and gossip! All of it... no secrets between SD members now. Did Ellen behave herself THIS time? Is it over so soon? Partying has just begun on this coast!

Here on the West Coast our group actually indulged in diving! Despite the south swell and 3-4 ft surf, we entered the water with 7-10' visibility and dove like REAL divers! Of course afterwards my group retired to my dive buddy Andrea's pool where the visibility was much better (and we could drink some wine as well).

Yeah yeah, west coasters are REAL divers--Fughed-about-it. All I can say is that it was a blast even without the group sex that I was PM'd about. Now who sent me that? (Maybe the FRENCH) WE all decided to meet regularly ---and DIVE. Later, jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#87 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:56 AM

Oh my, my reputation has reached far and wide, hasn't it Dr. Bill? :)
No, I didn't behave myself. Made some jokes about the scuba mafia (though they might have been the gay contingent) As for diving, I am not much of a Jersey diver. I just don't get cold water and 2 ft. vis., not to mention all that lead. :diver:

BTW, when Geek posted the rest of us were still drinking. Oy, my head.

#88 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:58 AM

Yeah yeah, west coasters are REAL divers--Fughed-about-it. All I can say is that it was a blast even without the group sex that I was PM'd about. Now who sent me that? (Maybe the FRENCH) WE all decided to meet regularly ---and DIVE. Later, jeff

Definetly a plot by those froggie bastidges....We are much too classy for that kind of thing. :)

#89 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:17 AM

I'm embarrassed to admit that the women out-partied the men. I guess you never know who the party animals are going to be until you get there. (pssst… it’s ELLEN).

It was a great beginning. I'm really happy to see a lot of diversity in the group. I think there will be more HH and diving coming from this crowd. Hope we can get even more people to join us next time. Looking forward to the Dutch Springs outing in July.

Good job pulling this together Jemiah. Great pick for the location too.
BB

#90 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:52 AM

It was great meeting everyone, good food, good company, beautiful view and lots of discussion about upcoming get togethers and dives. Yes the prementioned group sex was vetoed and no Ellen didn't behave herself
Thank you Jemiah for getting the ball rolling and making it happen :)
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users