• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Trying on a DUI...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:53 PM

I'll be at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA for drysuit demos on May 20 and 21. Hopefully, I'll run into one of the board members there. If I don't, it can't be because I didn't tel... errr... uhh.. warn you!
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#2 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

I'd like to come out for a DUI day... but not the right weekend for me. Have fun!
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#3 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:16 AM

I have been drysuit window shopping this month. And I'd love a DUI, but I just can't handle the prices. I wish I could.

#4 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:29 AM

I have been drysuit window shopping this month. And I'd love a DUI, but I just can't handle the prices. I wish I could.

Perrone-
Check out Diving Concepts, not as expensive and durable. It's a nice suit.
Mark

Edited by solodiver in nj, 18 May 2006 - 11:30 AM.

#5 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:30 AM

Don't worry!!! I'm sure there will be a grill there for you to 'run into'!! *snicker*
Sempar Partus!!

#6 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:43 AM

Perrone-
Check out Diving Concepts, not as expensive and durable. It's a nice suit.
Mark

Checked out their sizing.... not made for a man of my shape. :cheerleader:

When the hips are listed as 2-3" larger than the waist, I know they are cut for different type of person.

#7 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

Don't worry!!! I'm sure there will be a grill there for you to 'run into'!! *snicker*

That wasn't run into. It was backed into. :cheerleader:
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#8 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:05 PM

Like the highway sign says "DUI, you can't afford it!"
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#9 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:19 PM

LOL!!!!

I get shop prices on USIA and Dive Rite. So the suit has to be pretty special for me to go elsewhere. I'm waiting on a Pinnacle Evolution2 to hit th local LDS so I can have a looksee.

#10 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

I'm waiting on a Pinnacle Evolution2 to hit th local LDS so I can have a looksee.

Who makes that suit and what is the price range a diver can expect on it?
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#11 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

Suit is made by Pinnacle, pricing is supposed to be around $1200. I'll know more in a week or two. I had a nice conversation with Pinnacle's president last week.

#12 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

Though I don't know much about it, I have heard great things about Pinnacle's wetsuits. Hopefully, their drysuit will be the same quality . . . in a dry sort of version :flirt: .
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#13 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:27 AM

I'm back! I tried out a few new drysuits. I am more in the market for the insulation than for a drysuit, having just bought a new drysuit last year and doing longer hangs than I did when I bought the undergarments with my first suit :P .

I loved the Light Loft undergarments. They kept me very warm and didn't throw off my buoyancy too much. One instructor saw me lug down my doubles on Saturday morning and made the comment that I didn't need to bring all of the gas that I was going to dive for the weekend all at once. How true that turned out! I wound up only using that one fill off of my doubles for all weekend.

Oh, the quarry fish decided to see me and my dive buddy off on Sunday morning. As we were swimming back from the helicopter, seven or eight sizeable fish met below us to play. We stopped and watched them before we came back in. Every time that I go, the last dive that I do turns out to be the best and most comfortable one for myself and my dive buddy.

#14 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:30 AM

I just ordered some thermals from Santi, a company in Poland. http://www.santi.com.pl/en/index.php. Now that Andy's is gone, I need some alternatives.

I ordered the 40 gram Thinsulate. That should be perfect for South Florida. Just enough protection to keep me from freezing in the event of a suit flood with a long deco hang.

I'll let you know how they work out.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#15 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:34 AM

As you know, I'm a fan of Weezels - especially after two chilly floods (one slow, one too fast!!) :welcome:

As we chatted about, DUI is making an undergarment that is very Weezle-like, but the Weezle prices are better and I like the Weezle construction much better having the opportunity to compare them both last October.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users