• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Howzabout a 'silly photo' thread?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:30 AM

I'll start it off with one I just found. This is a prime example of someone with TOO much creativity in grooming their horse!

Posted Image
Posted Image
(edited so you could see what flashed through my mind...)

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:22 AM

Now if that ribbon was pink I might think it was Tek divers horse :birthday:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:44 AM

you mean like this ?

thats_just_wrong_pink.jpg

Edited by Scubatooth, 30 May 2006 - 11:54 AM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#4 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:48 AM

DD how did you do that i cant get it to embed like that

Edited by Scubatooth, 30 May 2006 - 11:55 AM.

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#5 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:04 PM

Hey now - for those of us who have shown horses, we appreciate the work and time required for that tail to be braided and sewn!

#6 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:23 PM

If you click on the Insert Image icon (2 over from the Insert Link icon), a dialogue box pops up asking for the website address of the image. (I've never tried it this way but this is what I discovered when I went into D_D's post.)

#7 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:34 PM

If you click on the Insert Image icon (2 over from the Insert Link icon), a dialogue box pops up asking for the website address of the image. (I've never tried it this way but this is what I discovered when I went into D_D's post.)

i tried that but the board doesnt like dynamic links for images even when linked to the board

#8 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:49 PM

Exactly correct! It's the icon with the little tree on it. HOWEVER, it's maintained as a 'hot link' to the web address you specify, so if the web site goes down, the picture won't show up. Since I have above-average access here, I just uploaded my pic into the same directory as the other SD photos and hotlinked to it from there, so it won't go away like my old pictures from my Phoenix ISP did when I moved. :diver: They show up as IPB IMAGE, now.

I go back and forth on the 'insert image' and 'add this attachment' modes. The one I did of the '2006 Hooters Calendar' I put in as 'add this...' so you'd get a surprise when you opened it. I suckered a bunch of folks in on that one. :P

My first impression when I saw this pic was 'Japanese enema???'

#9 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:56 PM

ok can understand that.

i just thought it was funny that someone mentioned pink and i went in a did some photochopping to have fun.

eh it was worth a shot

Tooth

#10 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

Hey now - for those of us who have shown horses, we appreciate the work and time required for that tail to be braided and sewn!

You really do this to horses? How does the horse swish the flies away?
"

#11 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:28 PM

She is a lawyer, she got a restraining order against them :diver:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#12 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:30 PM

You really do this to horses? How does the horse swish the flies away?

Myself, I was not involved with the draught horses but as for the swishing of flies, these horses do have it tough since they do not have much of a tail as they are docked at an early age :diver: (ick, I know!). While this is not a practice that I do not agree with, this is what is routinely done to these horses, dimilar to dobermans, boxers and rottweillers. As for the braiding of tails that I have done, it has been with full tails and is actually different type of braiding for tidiness. Of course, anyone who has ever braided horses appreciates a good braiding job when they see it, ethical issues aside.

#13 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:31 PM

She is a lawyer, she got a restraining order against them :diver:

LOL! Know, actually fly spray is the important factor here!

#14 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:56 PM

I guess I'm just a softie when it comes to four legged creatures. I have 'em fixed, but that's about it. I won't even de-claw my cats - I call my furniture "early cat-claw".
"

#15 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:04 PM

I guess I'm just a softie when it comes to four legged creatures. I have 'em fixed, but that's about it. I won't even de-claw my cats - I call my furniture "early cat-claw".

I agree with you re the pets. I would never de-claw, dog or crop ears. As for the horses, it is hard for me to say having shown competitively. Would I have docked in the past? Probably. Would I now? NO! There are fine lines with show animals though given their value and the fact that they are being judged. There is also a difference between permanent alterations (such as docking and tail cutting) and performance enhancing, temporary alterations (such as changing foot angles and different shoeing techniques). There are debates on both sides of the fence for both of these types of alterations. The short of it is, however, that until the judges change their approach to what they want to see from a show animal, people will continue to alter animals to make them win. It is not until those judging these animals stop picking the altered animals as being superior that the alterations will stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users