• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How far will you go...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

I'm really fortunate, my local dive spots are in Lake Michigan. A 20 or 30 minute drive gets me to one of two ports where we have access to a dozen or so wrecks. Make it a two hour drive and the count goes way up. I feel for those that have to travel anytime they want to do more that a muck dive :)
For Great Lakes weekend trips I will drive up to about 5 hours probably more if the opportunity comes up.
Trips that require airfare... I've only done a couple of tropical dive trips. I'm thinking that I need to start planning at least one per year. The mid-winter break is just what the doctor ordered in the middle of a long WI winter. I'm starting my new resolution with a little Cayman trip at the end of January. :dance:

Hmm...Lake Michigan is on my list of places to dive! I'm even getting a new weezle to be able to stand the cold!

As for diving the Caymans! Do let us help you with that. Its simple. Find YOUR best deal and we'll beat it if its over $500. :D

Or come and dive one of our great dive trips and avoid single supplements and meet other GREAT divers!

Here is where we are going so far in 2007!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 scuba1fun

scuba1fun

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:DM - 11 certifications, goal is DI
  • Logged Dives:170+

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:13 PM

Ok so how far will you go to 'Get Wet'???

How far will you go for 'blue water' aka ocean diving? Will you go as far as you did a year ago? Will you go as often? Will you spend more or less? Will you do 1 big trip or two smaller ones?

And how about 'local' diving? For some that is blue water if you live near a coast...but for many of us that is a quarry, lake, river or some other body of fresh water...muck diving it is sometimes called...mud diving or river ratting. Whatever you call it...how far will you go to DIVE????

And on that note...are you willing to drive longer distances to dive someplace 'new' or with gas prices so high...is the same ole watering hole you usually dive just fine to "GET WET"???

So please tell us just how far you'll go....

to get wet that is! -ww

For me, it all comes down to time and money. I only have 5 weeks of vacation. But living so close to the coast of NC (1-1/2 hrs) I can take advantage of weekend diving. The cost of weekend wreck diving has increased quite a bit over the past 5 years. It is a matter of choosing one major international trip and then a number of smaller trips. It is really helpful to see a complete travel schedule for the year to determine what combination of trips fit my vacation schedule and budget.

Distance is not an issue if the destination is on my to do list and I have the time and money!

I am planning on working in the scuba diving business to convert it from a hobby to a career! :lmao:
Shark Bait and Loving It!
NC Bow Bunny (aka Amy)

#18 dive1dennis

dive1dennis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Deco Procedures / Intro to Cave
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:00 PM

Hmm...Lake Michigan is on my list of places to dive! I'm even getting a new weezle to be able to stand the cold!

As for diving the Caymans! Do let us help you with that. Its simple. Find YOUR best deal and we'll beat it if it over $500. :lmao:

Or come and dive one of our great dive trips and avoid single supplements and meet other GREAT divers!

Here is where we are going so far in 2007!

The Cayman trip is booked, paid for. Now if I can get my stuff under the 55 lb. weight limit I'll be golden. I booked it a while ago prior to signing up on SD. Going with the local shop so it will be a great trip. :) That price guarantee sounds great, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Now, that NC trip sounds really interesting. I'd love to get a comparison between the wreck diving I do here and the NC stuff. Plus, we don't see too many sharks on our dives. Big ugly burbot, :) lots of those but no sharks. Do you have the October date set yet? Is the weather more of an issue in October or do you usually get the dives in?
Dennis

#19 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

my local diving is about an hour to fresh and salt; and I am trying to dive as much as I can

my exotic dive local is four hours away; and would be nice to get up there eight times a year
jeff aka nice-diver

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:45 PM

That price guarantee sounds great, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Don't worry...it won't go anywhere! And yes it is one of the perks we give our premier members!

Now, that NC trip sounds really interesting. I'd love to get a comparison between the wreck diving I do here and the NC stuff. Plus, we don't see too many sharks on our dives. Big ugly burbot, :birthday: lots of those but no sharks. Do you have the October date set yet? Is the weather more of an issue in October or do you usually get the dives in?

Yes both our trips are set for 2007 to NC. The first is 4 days of diving which is really worth it if you are traveling to do this diving. We arrive July 4th and celebrate...then dive the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th.

In October our dates coincide with Seafood festival and they are Oct 5th, 6th & 7th. Weather can be an issue diving the Graveyard of the Atlantic ANYTIME of the year. However the severity is less in late June, July, half of August and October. We did lose 1 day of diving last year but in 12 years of charters we've lost only 9 days of diving total. Not bad considering the venue.

I hope that we'll see you on one of our NC trips!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users