• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hey Wench need you to do Grenada Sept16-23

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:28 PM

: Hey ww,
I am very excited that SD will help put together a trip for us. We want to go to Grenada Sept 16-23 to do wreck and reef dives. We greatly interested in diving on the Bianca-C as a Technical dive with some interior penetration. Some of our group will only want to see the outside and make shallower dives on other sites. I hope you can finalize the Grenada trip details while you are in CA at the Scuba Show. I thought we would originally have about 6-8 divers but now it looks more like 12 or so and a few non diving spouses. I know SD will put this trip together for us but now that we are over 10 people will you help lead it as well? I understand you know Grenada very well and have dove the Bianca-C. Can you let us know the following:

1. Can we get space for 12+ people now
2. Please make a recommendation on hotel operator as I know what dive operator we want to use. I've been told that Aquanauts Grenada is great. Is that who you've used too?
3. Can we have an SD guide to run the trip now that it has gone over 10 people
4. Can you secure Sept 16-23 for us?
5. Can we have both a 'Wreck" and "Reef" option?
6. What is the non-diver price and can non-divers go? (We have 1-2 non-divers interested in going.)
7. I really had a great time on the Memorial Day trip meeting other SD members so is it possible that other members could join us? I know Manny would love to add Tech DEEP WRECK to his resume!!! I will bring him a new gadget if you let him come.

I know I will see you for the July :banghead: trip, but I have several additional divers turning Blue over this trip to Grenada. CAN THEY BREATH A SIGH OF RELIEF?

I'm sure I'll more questions but those are the main ones. Of course you can answer any for me that you anticipate I'll need to know. Thank you for all your help, OTWDiver

Edited by OTWdiver, 26 June 2006 - 05:38 AM.

"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#2 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:47 PM

Hey everyone :banghead: It dawned on me there might be other SD members that would like to go to Grenada. We could make it a much bigger event and take over the place. The details are still being worked out and the ww is helping out. Is there any feedback or thoughts on this trip from you.
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#3 ncdiver43

ncdiver43

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:trimix
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:21 AM

Hey sounds like a great trip to me!!.. Cant wait to dive the Bianca C..

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:51 AM

Ok...here is the scoop!

We have the resort and dive operator for Sept 16-23. We have done a 'Wreck & Reef" option before to Grenada but not one that focused entirely on the Bianca C but I know I'd love it! :wub:

I have replies for all your questions but basically one and that is if we can rent stage bottles with appropriate gas mixes that you desire. Other than that its all a go! And yes I think it would be fun to open this up to other SDer's. Do you think your group will mind? (I think several of them are new SD members so I'm thinking its cool all the way around.)

Answers in the next thread. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:59 AM

Replies to your questions:

1. Can we get space for 12+ people now

Yes we can go up to 24 people.

2. Please make a recommendation on hotel operator as I know what dive operator we want to use. I've been told that Aquanauts Grenada is great. Is that who you've used too?

We have enjoyed using True Blue Bay as they are right at the Dive Shop...have the best bar in town and are in close proximity to the University so is always lively and fun!

3. Can we have an SD guide to run the trip now that it has gone over 10 people

Yes you can have a guide to run the trip!

4. Can you secure Sept 16-23 for us?

Yes I have secured these dates.

5. Can we have both a 'Wreck" and "Reef" option?

Yes you can have one boat doing the reefs and shallow wrecks and one boat doing the Bianca C as a more technical dive trip.

6. What is the non-diver price and can non-divers go? (We have 1-2 non-divers interested in going.)

The non-diver price is usually a couple hundred less than the diver price. I will have all 3 tiers of pricing posted shortly since we are opening this up to the SD group. We'll have Reef, Tech Wreck and Non-Diver pricing for you.

7. I really had a great time on the Memorial Day trip meeting other SD members so is it possible that other members could join us? I know Manny would love to add Tech DEEP WRECK to his resume!!! I will bring him a new gadget if you let him come.

Yes we can open it up to other members in the SD community. I think several of the people you have going on this trip were on the SD Memorial Day trip to the Bahamas so I see no issues with making this an SD trip! :wub:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#6 Geek

Geek

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:38 PM

I'm interested in a tech trip, but unfamiliar with Grenada. Please tell me more!

Thanks!

#7 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:05 PM

I'm interested in a tech trip, but unfamiliar with Grenada. Please tell me more!

Thanks!

do you have questions regarding the tech trip or Grenada in general?

#8 Geek

Geek

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:01 AM

Thanks!

do you have questions regarding the tech trip or Grenada in general?

Both. The only thing I know about Grenada is we invaded it in 1983.

#9 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:17 AM

Y'all mind if I join you on this one? I won't be able to commit 'till my house sale is near completion at the end of July, but Grenada is one of the places on my list to see. Looks like I won't be able to get on the Roatan trip, :cool1: and I'd kinda like to meet some friendly faces during my 6-week tour of the Caribbean. :wavey:

I'll be in with the non-tech :P group, interested in Nitrox, though.

#10 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

I would love it if this were opened up to all SD. I have had nothing but fun with everyone of them I have met. I think we can offer both a Tech and Recreational trip. I personally would love to see the interior of the liner but I know I need balance and some shallow dives. I have several divers wanting to do basic OW type dives and a little advance diving. I would think if we can get a large enough group we can offer two boats headed to different spots during the day and the entire group gathering together in the evenings. We can mix up the dives morning and afternoon. I am not sure how the details would work but the larger the group the bigger our voice. We can ask for a little more, right? Everyone is welcome to join our dive group and I will be glad to just hand it off to the WW to run with it. I have sent my deposit check to WW along with Qdiver's deposit check. It is as far as I am concerned an SD trip. :birthday:

#11 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:00 AM

It's official!!

This is now an SD trip...for more details and to join this great trip, click here - Grenada!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users