• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

4th of July Fun

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:18 AM

We all know (and are jealous of the fact) that the best SD fun is going to be in North Carolina for the July 4th Fireworks on History and Wreck & Shark Diving. Those of us unable to accompany our SD friends to NC will be engaging in some holiday fun of our own without the sharks--but definitely with our own brand of fireworks! :fish2: So what plans do you have to celebrate 4th of July, the day of independence for our great nation, the US?! :fish2: I will be watching the Macy's fireworks spectacular in the NY harbor and possibly sailing on the Hudson earlier that day. :fish:

#2 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:23 AM

I'll probably have a beer and go to sleep.

#3 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:33 AM

Later today, I'm headed to East Texas, then Dallas to visit family and friends. Tonight, I'll camp with family on Lake 'o the Pines (what is left of it after the long NE TX drought), then head to Big D Saturday. Sunday we plan to eat the best dim sum in the metroplex (Arc en Ciel in Garland) at lunchtime, then float in the pool all afternoon drinking tangerine and strawberry martinis. For those in the metroplex, I highly recommend Arc en Ciel if you are a dim sum fan (7 days a week till 3pm). Their regular Vietnamese-Chinese fare is also great.

Once I sober up Monday, I'll head home and lay low in my beach house in Galveston, watching the fireworks. The West End is CRAZY about fireworks on the 4th - better than any official show that I have ever seen, although there are a couple of official shows that can be seen from my deck along with all the private folks shooting off incendiary devices. Of course, I'll also spend the 4th going over my gear as I'll be boarding the Fling the following evening for the SD Flower Gardens trip. :fish2:
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#4 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:41 AM

I am picking up a boat with my neighbors on Saturday, relaxing Sunday, Monday I'll spend going over my gear and packing up, Tuesday I may invade a local pool, Wednesday I should be driving to Houston for the Flower Gardens trip!

#5 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:46 AM

I am going to see my family in San Antonio. It should be hectic, but fun! My grandmother, aunt, cousin, and her husband and 3 kids are visiting from El Paso. Not to mention my great aunt that lives with my parents, her son, and my brother. I am already tuckered out thinking about it!!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#6 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:58 AM

I'm going up to Blue Lagoon to play with my camera before the Flower Gardens Trip. Anyone in the Houston area is more than welcome to join the fun. I'm going with a few people that I met at the All Area Houston Happy Hour. :diver:

Let me know!

:cheerleader:

#7 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:04 AM

I am heading to Northwest Ontario with a group of friends to fish, drink beer and talk smart.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#8 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

I had never heard of the place being new to Texas and all.

Here's the link for Blue Lagoon if anyone's interested.
http://www.bluelagoonscuba.com/

:cheerleader:

#9 dad+2(.5)

dad+2(.5)

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:open water,nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:24 AM

:cheerleader: :diver: :cool1: Now I know why my social life sucks....Im diving Jocassee sat...sun...mon...and tues!
"Here's to woman! Would that we could fall into her arms without falling into her hands"Ambrose Bierce, quoted in Grattan's Bitter Bierce

#10 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

When one has a "job" that's as much fun as mine, who needs a holiday! The only thing that makes a holiday different for me is that I'll have several friends over who will be diving with me on the boat. Yep, that's my plan for the "holiday..." do what I do most of the time... dive, dive, dive! Oh, ya... and edit, edit, edit.

#11 blacktar

blacktar

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OWSI, Normoxic Trimix, full cave
  • Logged Dives:700

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

I will probably head out to Elbow beach to watch the fireworks. Who knows I may be able plan a night dive. I can't think of any thing better than watching the fireworks during a fin out for a night dive.
Patrick
BLACKTAR
"The edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over." Hunter S. Thompson

#12 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:00 PM

Going diving during the day. Got to work the next day, so no fireworks for me this year.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#13 cdtgray

cdtgray

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Recreational: NAUI Instructor, Technical: Full Trimix
  • Logged Dives:A few hundred-ish but most are not LOGGED.

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

I think I will grab a burger and some non-alcoholic beers with friends. Perhaps I'll close out the day with a flight in my helicopter to check out the local 'fireworks' shows.

#14 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:05 AM

Bummer... three dives and all sites had very poor visibility today. Since I like to look on the bright side... relatively little video to edit and a group of really nice people on the boat today. Truly enjoyed a few "old" friends (Mina and Mark who I dove with for two of the dives) and some new friends... and two invitations to dinner over the weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users