HURRY!!! ONLY 24 SPOTS!!! Due to the popularity of this great destination, the great price and the fact that this trip has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE... these spots will not last long! Join us diving ALL OF THE FLORIDA KEYS where the day operators Don't Go May 14-19, 2009 diving the Beautful Keys without leaving the US! NO PASSPORT NEEDED! Here's Your Chance to Dive ALL the Florida Keys ANYWAY You Want...WOW!!! This will be a SELL OUT TRIP! So hurry... the spots are limited and will sell out quickly at these great prices!
We are excited to partner with SingleDivers.com again with this new and exciting itinerary! SingleDivers.com members are knowledgeable and will bring a wealth of experience in picking out just the right spots to enjoy up and down the Keys. And due to the experience of the divers and the care the organization takes with its members we are pleased to offer drift diving as well as mooring diving up and down the keys. And if you want to do any or all of the wrecks...we'll do those as well. We'll even dock 1 or 2 places along the Keys so you can enjoy the ambiance of the "KEYS" without having to drive, change hotels or dive operators. This is YOUR trip so tell us how you like it and we'll deliver! We look forward to seeing you on the boat in May!
So, I'm looking at numbers: $1250 for five days on this liveaboard. That's $250 a day. And let's presume I can get about 4 dives a day, with free Nitrox fills. Now, if I were just driving myself down to the Keys and diving the ops like usual, each day I would spend about $75 for a two-tank boat ride, $85 with tips. Hotel about $75 if you're not too picky. Two tanks of EANx, about $15. Food about $25. That's $35 cheaper than this liveaboard, BUT THAT'S ONLY DOING TWO DIVES, whereas the liveabord would be four. Plus, the liveaboard saves all the hassle of loading gear in the car, driving to the dive op, unloading gear, unpacking, setting it all up, then repacking it all so I can drive away, only to do it all again the next day. And May means not having to worry about cancellations due to hurricanes. So this is adding up nicely, even for a Florida native like myself. Now all I need is a carpool ride down there to cut the gas in half - or less, if we can get more to carpool! Plus it sounds like any of us driving down, if we bring extra steel tanks, can use that for leverage with all the out-of-towners! >*< Fritz
Florida "DIVE THE WAY YOU WANT TOO" Keys Krawl for $1250 shared/occupancy plus FREE NITROX + air/transport to Key West EYW = airport code. (Note: You can fly into MIA or FLL and then drive to Key West or you may be able to catch a ride with our members who will be driving to join the trip as well. This will be captured in the post and is not guaranteed but is a wonderful gesture by our members! If we don't have enough members we can also help you arrange for sharing some rental cars.) Also note that you can bring your own bottle of booze on this boat but beer and wine is available for sale by the boat. You can save EVEN MORE with your premier member rebate after the trip that's another $25 off and with our early booking discount of $25 if you book and pay in full by Dec 15th, 2008....that will put this trip at only $1200!!! This trip requires a $400 non-refundable deposit so please be sure you can go before taking a spot. Non-Diver Pricing: TBD NOTE: The package does NOT include air or transport to Key West but the boat will pay your taxi fare to Stock Island where the boat is docked. Keep your receipt and don't let the taxi driver get away as you can drop your luggage any time after 12 noon but will need to go back into town if it is before 5pm. Pre-Boarding Briefing and dinner is at the Rusty Anchor at 5:30pm and boarding of the boat is at 8pm or when the group gets back from the Rusty Anchor. Keep in mind that you need to arrive at the boat no later than 10pm on the 14th in order to not 'miss the boat'. (MORE INFO ON THE TRANSFERS POSTED BELOW!)
FL Keys Krawl Availability Update:
SD honors a first come and first served premise that is driven by posting in our community. Once a trip has been filled from the "My Check & Documents in the Mail List" with CONFIRMED deposits/pymnts we will open an official waiting list for the trip. As openings occur we'll open up the Waiting List for add'l trip participants. Only deposited members will decrease the number of spots on the trip. Only members who have sent their deposit or paid for the trip TIMELY and have sent in their documents TIMELY i.e. Trip Waiver and Trip Survey will be moved to the official "Who's Going" list. Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the official availability is only available in the main trip post. Thank You! -ww
Limited Package Availability (must state pkg registering for at time of booking or booking is not valid. NOTE THAT THIS IS THE OFFICIAL AVAILABILITY LISTING):
Spree Expeditions Florida Keys Krawl Liveaboard Pkg $1250: 24 are avail - 0 requested but not paid - 1 booked and paid so 23 left
Spree Expeditions NITROX Pkg $FREE: 24 are avial - 1 requested but not paid - 14 booked so 10 left.
Click here for more info on the boat: VIDEO OF BOAT
1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench - Dallas, TX d/o (PD $1250 - $25 Early Booking Disc - shared accomodations Confirmed) Nitrox-FREE Waiver/Survey rec'd
2. Sandy aka ScubaPunk TX- Houston, Free Nitrox, $1250, Waiver/Survey Rec'd
3. Bruce aka ScubaShafer FL - Paid $1250, FREE Nitrox, Waiver/Survey Rec'd
4. Maurice aka Canuck in Texas - Paid $1250, Free Nitrox, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
5. Chuck aka hambergler - Free Nitrox, Paid $1250, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
6. Fred aka ScubaFred - Free Nitrox, Paid $1250, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
7. Phil aka Fishwatcher - Paid $1250, Free Nitrox, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
8. Steve aka spyoung - $1250 Pd, Free Nitrox, CC Form Faxed, Rent-a-buddy Pd, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
9. Joan aka MetriRN, CA - $1250 Pd, Free Nitrox, Survey/WaiverRec'd
10. Jim aka HandyAndy - Paid $1250, Airfare Pd, Free Nitrox, Nitrox Class, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
11. Roger aka Scubadiv69 - Paid $1250, Free Nitrox, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
12. Jeff aka Sparky103 NY - Free Nitrox, Paid $1250, 16# Lead, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
13. Que aka Sea Urchin - Free Nitrox, Paid in Full, Lead 14#, Need Docs
14. Cathie aka Lady Of The Sea - Free Nitrox Pd $1250, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
15. Jim aka grey goby - Free Nitrox, Pd $1250, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
16. Stefanie aka WaterSparkles - Free Nitrox, Pd $1250, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
Trip Instructor: Bruce aka ScubaShafer
Trip Photographer: Bruce aka ScubaShafer
Those Wanting Classes:
1. Jim aka HandyAndy - Nitrox Class
2. Roger aka scubadiv69 - Nitrox Class
3. Que aka Sea Urchin - AOW
Those Wanting Nitrox (NOTE: Nitrox is FREE and INCLUDED in the price of the trip!) This will be a quick listing but use the summary box above for actual availability):
1. Kamala aka WreckWench YES Nitrox FREE and confirmed
2. Sandy aka ScubaPunk YES Nitrox Free and confirmed
3. Bruce aka ScubaShafer YES Nitrox FREE and confirmed
4. Jeff aka Sparky103 YES Nitrox Free and confirmed
5. Joan aka MetriRN YES Nitrox Free and confirmed
6. Maurice aka Canuck in Texas YES Nitrox Free and confirmed
7. Chuck aka hambergler YES Nitrox Free and Confirmed
8. Philip aka Fishwatcher Yes Nitrox Free and Confirmed
9. Fred aka ScubaFred Yes Nitrox Free and Confirmed
10. Steve aka spyoung Yes Nitrox Free and Confirmed
11. Stephanie aka Watersparkles
12. Jim aka grey goby
Those wanting to Dive A Cochran for DAN Research, or if they have no computer or as a backup for FREE and a chance at a great deal if buying one!:
1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Steve aka spyoung
3. Joan aka MetriRN
4. Jim aka HandyAndy
5. Maurice aka Canuck in Texas
Those Celebrating a Milestone on this Trip (Birthday, Significant Dive, Etc):
Those Hoping to Share a Ride with a Member or Shared Rental Car OR those Able to Carpool and Share a Car/Vehicle:
Those Wanting to Dive Extra Days Up and/or Down the Keys LANDBASED Before or After the Trip (please specify):
1. Bruce aka ScubaShafer wanting to do EXTRA diving up and down the Keys
2. Philip aka Fishwatcher interested in touring Key West after the trip.
Those who are interested but can't commit:
1. Beth aka Bubbles
2. Lynn aka Lynnlchan
3. Valerie aka Diveprn
NOTE: Currently we have spots available so there is no waiting list.
WHAT YOU'LL SEE:
Some of the best diving in the world can be found in the Florida Keys...the problem is you have to move up and down the coast, changing operators sometimes daily as well as hotels. You are taken to the same sites all the time and you rarely get to drift dive which is the BEST kind of diving for the Keys. The Keys are full of wrecks which make a great diving map of 'must see' sites and if the diving isn't perfect in one spot...we'll soon be on another but in the end you'll have REALLY DOVE THE FLORIDA KEYS! And how cool to have your hotel floating with you???? This is a long time dream in creating this trip as I've always wanted to do THE KEYS ON A LIVEABOARD!
How it Will Work: Here is the coolest part...the boat won't tell us where we are diving...we get to tell the boat where we WANT TO DIVE~ Keep in mind that not all spots may be suited for a 110ft liveaboard but we should be able to dive just about anything we want. And if there is a mooring such as on a wreck...we'll be able to dive those as well. Sure there may be some spots that are 'worldclass' that we just can't do with such a big dive boat...BUT there should be TONS more that only we can do! And we can do many of these great dives as DRIFT DIVES which can help with the crowded day boat situation. So where have you always wanted to dive? Know any local captains that have coordinates for really cool areas of the reef only reachable by private operators?
Wrecks! Wrecks! And More Wrecks!... This type of itinerary is very suited to get all the primo FL Keys wrecks on the list including the Duane, Bibb, Eagle, Speigal Grove and others you'd like to dive...including the Vandenburg if it gets sunk in time. So while not entirely a wreck trip...we can certainly get in all the 'good ones' as part of our multi-day trip!
While each Florida Keys Krawl may vary due to weather and conditions, the outline below will give you a good feel for the exciting week in store for you!
Days Prior to start of our trip: If you wish to arrive early in Key West or other part of Florida or want to combine other diving adventures in conjunction with this one let us know. If you wish to do a back to back let us know and we'll check for a possible discount for you.
May 14th Thursday: You will fly into Key West, FL (airport code EWY) or any other Florida airport from which you'll either rent a car or share a ride with a fellow SD member. Rides from other cities than Key West are not guaranteed but many of our members from the surrounding FL area will be joining us for this trip so I expect there will be rides to share for the price of gas. If not we'll help you rent cars if enough people want to fly into say Miami (MIA) etc. If you arrive into Key West the boat will pay your taxi fare to Stock Island where the boat is docked about 5 miles away. Keep your receipt and don't let the taxi driver get away as you can drop your luggage any time after 12 noon but will need to go back into town if it is before 5pm. Pre-Boarding Briefing and dinner is at the Rusty Anchor at 5:30pm and boarding of the boat is at 8pm or when the group gets back from the Rusty Anchor. Keep in mind that you need to arrive at the boat no later than 10pm on the 14th in order to not 'miss the boat'. The first evening is filled with boat boarding, briefings and paperwork. Usually the boat does a first come first choose bunk process however SD will do a simple allocation of rooms on the boat to groups of 4 women and 4 men however specific bunks are not assigned. There is one common area that sleeps 8 that we either put groups that snore into or those who request the common area etc. This is decided at the end of the trip when we know the final counts of women and men and sleeping preferences. We will depart sometime in the night so we can be moored up to our first location in the morning.
May 15th Friday: Our first day of diving will start early...usually 7am and you'll get 5 dives today if you wish. The dive times are specific and will be posted on the board the night before. You'll have 20 minutes from the time the dive window opens aka "the pool is open" to get into the water. If you miss this window you won't have enough time to do your dive and complete a manditory safety obligation and still dive the next dive. So plan to be pre-prepared with nitrox analyzed the night before, gear all set up and weight belt configured. Or just enjoy sleeping in and a long breakfast and plan for the second dive of the morning. Meals are served throughout the day as are snacks. In fact food is basically available all day long and a fruit basket all night. You'll never go hungry on this boat but hopefully you won't gain too much weight either!
May 16th Saturday: Today will be another 5 dive day exploring the reefs and wrecks of the Keys. Where we are at in the Keys will depend on where the groups desires to dive. This is OUR TRIP so let's choose some great memories! Again more food all day long and plenty to drink. Do keep in mind that your first alcoholic drink is your last dive. The boat sells beer and wine and mixers but you can bring a bottle of hard alcohol if you like.
May 17th Sunday: Wake up to some of the best diving in the Florida Keys. Most of the dives will be 45 to 85 feet with the wrecks typically being deeper and our first dives of the day. However this is OUR TRIP so we can choose as many or as few wrecks as we like! Today or Monday will be the day we dock somewhere in the Keys to enjoy the ambiance of the night life as well as one of the famous towns that make up the Keys. We will arrive into town early so this will only be a 3 dive day. Currently it is slated to be Marathon (not many docks will take a 110ft boat easily) and they have a bar and restaurant right where we'll dock. In fact we might set up a SD Happy Hour to meet some of our local Florida friends if they couldn't join us on the trip and they wish to meet us here! For those who wish to do more exploring of the locale...taxis will be called and you can split the fees to go into town. Just plan to be back by 12:00 as the boat needs to depart by 12:30 so we can be at our next dive site in the morning and moor away from the dock for the evening.
May 18th Monday: If today is not our 'Marathon Day' then we'll do 5 more dives again enjoying a great variety of reef fish, sharks, hopefully eagle rays and turtles.
May 19th Tuesday: This will be our last day of diving and we'll plan to do 3 dives today but the first one will be early! We'll be steaming back to Key West during this time and allowing gear to dry. When we get to Key West anyone wanting to depart is welcome. Dinner will be in town and we'll stay on the boat one last night enjoying the sights and sounds of Duval Street!
May 20th Wednesday: This is our official departure day for anyone not departing early on the 19th. We need to leave the boat by 9am and some may want to do some local sightseeing of museums etc until flights later that day or finally making your way back to where you live or flew into. If people want to add extra days of diving onto the back end of the trip let us know so we can help to arrange it for you! Perhaps "Krawl" back up the Keys if you flew into Miami and dive anything we missed on our trip!
Additional Tours: If you want to book add'l tours after our trip let us know! We'll have a full list of them posted soon.
Boat Diving We are diving off a 110-115 ft vessel that has a large dive deck on the back with 2 ladders for divers to board the boat. If doing a drift dive we will all jump together so we'll stay together and be in 3 small groups of 8 with one person carrying a flag. These groups will be matched based upon air consumption so that when one person needs to ascend all will ascend together. There will be 1 ladder back onto the boat when drift diving and you will only approach the boat once all divers are up and accounted for. We will have the flexibility to do just about any type of dive site and we hope to dive those that no one dives! Shore Diving There wiill be no shorediving on this trip as it is a liveaboard offering 3-5 dives daily. Night Diving You can do a night dive every night of the trip that one is possible except for day of arrival, the night we go into town and the last day where we only do 3 dives. Max Depth: 85-130ft Water Temp: ave ??? degrees F Air Temp: ??? degrees F
Spree Key's Krawl Package
$1250 USD (does not include $25 premier member rebate you can take after the trip nor the $25 early bird booking special if paid in full by Dec 15th)
Florida Keys Krawl May 14-20, 2009 INCLUDES:
• 6 nights/4 1/2 diving days shared accommodations
• Taxi from Key West airport to Stock Island or the Rusty Anchor Restaurant
• FREE Nitrox for those certified to dive it...now's a great time to get certified if you aren't!
• SD Famous 'Meet & Greet Get To Know Everyone' Parties
• Air fills, tanks, lead and weight belt
• ALL onboard meals and snacks, refreshments, water, lemonaide, tea, coffee
• SD T-Shirt commemorating the trip!
• Daily SD.com H20 Happy Hours (Don't forget to bring a bottle of your favorite booze(s)
• Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various SD Vendor Partners as available
PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE:
• Airfare or transport to Key West (EYW)
• Sodas and alcohol
• One (1) meal on Tuesday May 19th not covered (this will be in Key West)
• Rental car or shared ride to Key West if flying into or originating in another part of Florida
• Taxi rides if desired to explore Marathon when we dock during the trip
• Fuel Surcharge may be assessed 30 days prior to departure if fuel goes back up again ridiculously high. Currently there is no fuel surcharge.
• Optional Sightseeing in Key West
• Rental, instruction and retail charges (SD should have an instructor on this trip so consider doing that cert you've always wanted and for sure Nitrox if not already certified!)
• Crew gratuities usually 15% of base pkg of $1250
• TRIP Insurance is OPTIONAL BUT STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. See end of this post for 2 great insurance links)
• DIVE Insurance is MANDATORY! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for. (see the end of this post for 2 great insurance links)
Non-diver discount: Less $TBD USD (usually $100)
Nitrox pricing: FREE to those certified to use it.
Dive equipment rental: Wet suit, regulator/octopus, computer, Buoyancy compensator, mask/snorkel/fins. Please inquire in advance as supplies are limited. estimated daily rental $TBA USD
Single Supplement: There is no ability to upgrade to a single on this trip unless you wish to buy 4 spots to have a shared quad to yourself.
• $25 rebate eligible after trip for SD premier and above membership levels (See my signature for link to the forms forum. If you are new to the site send an email to email@example.com to get the password.)
• Sign up and pay for this trip in full by Dec 15th, 2008 and receive an early bird booking discount of $25 at time of booking.
• Add'l $25 Active Duty Military Discount for any active duty military of any country that fights for freedom.
• Deposit is a $400 per person non-refundable deposit. (Deposit can be refunded via claims on your trip insurance if you have to cancel.)
• Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.
PAYMENT TERMS & SCHEDULE:
ASAP: $400 non-refundable deposit immediately (Tip: Pay deposit via paypal +3% to ensure your spot. Spots will be reduced ONLY after posting you wish to go and deposit/trip$ is received.)
a. $400 non-refundable deposit due at booking to hold a spot
b. Feb 1, 2009: $425
c. Mar 10, 2009: $425
Note: Trip must be paid in full
Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.
If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name in the details section INCLUDING the trip you are paying for, what you are paying for etc. (More detail is better!)
If paying via check or money order, please make payment to SingleDivers.com LLC and send payment along with payment details (such as trip name, your screen name, what you are paying for) to:
c/o Kamala Shadduck
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
If paying via credit card (Visa, MC) or Check-By-Fax download the SD Credit Card or Check-By_Fax Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form and ask email@example.com for the password.
As mentioned above transfers from the Key West Airport and the Spree Liveaboard are included but as you must retain a copy of your receipt for the taxi and it will be taken off your final bill. Keep in mind that you can only drop luggage off from 12 noon to 5pm. 5pm to 8pm everyone will be at the Rusty Anchor restaurant having dinner. From approx 8pm on you'll need to arrive to the boat. Keep in mind you need to arrive no later than 10 pm or you will 'miss the boat' as we'll depart for our first dive site in the evening. For those wishing to do a shared ride from other parts of FL our members are the most gracious and will usually offer to carpool with 1 or 2 in addition to themselves. They will post this info and SD will help to keep it all organized. If we don't have enough members SD will help you with rental cars if needed or you can simply rent one and offer to share with others. The sooner you do the easier it will be for people to plan flights accordingly. Keep in mind that priceline.com offers great deals on car rentals.
Airfare is not included but there are good fares if you book early to Key West (EYW) or other parts of Florida. If you want SingleDivers.com to book your ticket for you we are happy to do so for a $25 courtesy fee.
Since we are diving the US, no passport is required for US Citizens to dive on this trip. If traveling from other countries you will need a passport to enter. You will clear customs most likely in Miami.
How to Book a Spot on this Trip:
1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and advise your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. You MUST tell us what package you want (if there is a choice) or we will NOT accept your booking until you do. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we will NOT hold any spots on this trip. Your spot is confirmed when we receive your $400 non-refundable deposit.) - To post on the site you need to register as a member of the site. Registration is free or if you want to upgrade premier membership levels are available for as little as $35 a year and you'll get early booking on all our trips and LOTS of discounts and specials. Click here to learn more.
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly try to work with you. See the link in my signature below for access to our credit card authorization form and Check-By-Fax payment options.
4. We need to know what day you are arriving and departing as well as flight times, if you need rental gear, if diving nitrox, if you want to share a ride with members or share a rental car, if you want to do some sightseeing or extra diving before or after the trip. You MUST include as much of this information as possible with your initial reservation.
IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:
1. Check out these reviews: TBA
2. FAQ: - check here often!
Q. How are will we decide what wrecks we'll dive and what reefs?
Q. What are the top reasons to dive the Keys via a Liveaboard?
A. The group will actually decide this over the next 5 months. We will first collect a list of all the 'must see' sites in the Florida Keys and then from that list choose the ones that people want to dive on this trip. We are hoping that people will also add locations of rarely dove areas and areas that only private boat captains generally dive. This will truly make this a special trip and unique way to dive the KEYS!
1. Dive up and down the ENTIRE Florida Keys...see it all in one trip!
2. No hotel changes...unpack once and sail to the next destination!
3. No dive operator changes...ONE briefing and ONE set of waivers and ONE weight belt configuration and that's it!
4. Never lug your gear except for the first time on the boat and the last time off!
5. DRIFT DIVE THE KEYS...yes you read that right. DRIFT DIVE up and down the Keys. It doesn't get any better for divers who love to dive!
6. AVOID ALL THE PLACES THE DAY OPERATORS DIVE....and get to the ones that only private boats or LIVEABOARDS can reach!
7. Get off the boat either in Marathon for an evening of Keys Ambiance, then board again that evening to head to our next dive site!
9. We can schedule all the cool wrecks along the Keys...Duane, Bibb, Eagle, Speigal Grove, Vandenburg when they sink her and any others you would like to add in the mix. (They will be optional and usually the first dive of the day followed by LOTS of reef dives so EVERYONE will get the BEST OF FLORIDA KEYS DIVING...Wrecks and Reefs!!!)
10. The trip will start out of Key West and return however we might be able to start in Key West and drop you off in Key Largo and then deadhead overnight back to Key West. (We will work to allow the most flexibility for airfares! The only configuration we can't do is start and end in Key Largo.)
11. And get this....WE get to pick where we want to dive. How cool is that??? Our collective expertise can set the diving agenda for this trip and the boat will take us there!
TRIP INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL BUT STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR THIS TRIP. PLEASE obtain TRIP insurance as it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. REMEMBER IF YOU MISS THE BOAT….YOU MISS THE TRIP! You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc .
Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!
Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!
DIVE INSURANCE IS MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP. DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for.
Click here for Diver’s Alert Network and use our reference ID 1603080.
Click here for Dive Assure where you can get BOTH TRIP & DIVE insurance in one convenient package!
Edited by ScubaPunk, 20 May 2009 - 05:21 PM.