• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Time for 2008 Trip Discussions...

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:51 PM

For an up to date summary of our 2008 calendar please click here!
Discussion can be added to this thread! :tears:

Hey gang...while we are finalizing the 2007 trip calendar some great ideas are starting to gel for 2008. Or as the case may be...dates for special 2008 trips are filling fast. So we are looking at the following trips for 2008 as well!

FIRM:

Bahamas Dec 29th to Jan 5th Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Island Dream! Click here for details and booking.

Galapagos June 9-16 Explorer Ventures Liveabaord. Click here for details and booking.

Wakatobi October 10-17 7 days or we can do Oct 17-28 for 11 days- FIRM (We will be there in Oct): We've been wanting to do Wakatobi forever! We are looking at a 7 day trip plus a 3 day Bali add-on or just a 10 day trip to Wakatobi???

TENTATIVE:

2007 Nautilus Explorer Socorro Island, Roca Partida and other spectacular Baja California dive destinations: This will be on the Nautilux Explorer again. The earliest we can do this trip again is 2008 as 2007 is already booked.

Saba, St Kitts & St Marteen ...this is a great trip and economical too!

Dominica ...we may do a Singles Week here!

North Carolina ...probably only one trip this year

The Cooper River for Megladon Teeth ...yep prehistoric shark teeth!

Anyone for WHALESHARKS???

The Texas Flower Gardens ....July or Aug anyone???

Edited by WreckWench, 28 January 2008 - 10:27 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:06 PM

You can put my name on the Wakatobi list. I so want to go there!!

#3 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:21 PM

Hey gang...while we are finalizing the 2007 trip calendar some great ideas are starting to gel for 2008. Or as the case may be...dates for special 2008 trips are filling fast. So we are looking at the following trips for 2008 as well!

Dec 2007 to Jan 2008 possible Truk Odyssey Liveaboard: (Boat has just become avail) Anyone interested? See discussion in this thread here.

2007 Nautilus Explorer Socorro Island, Roca Partida and other spectacular Baja California dive destinations: This will be on the Nautilux Explorer again. The earliest we can do this trip again is 2008 as 2007 is already booked.

Wakatobi (tentative dates Sept or Oct): We've been wanting to do Wakatobi forever! We are looking at a 7 day trip plus a 3 day Bali add-on.

Wakatobi is awesome! I just did that trip in August and who know I may want to do it again.....the 3 day add on is great in Bali........such a beautiful country! We spent 5 hours at a day spa with every treatment you can think of for $37 USD....it is almost worth going back for that as well as the daily pool side or beachside massages for 10-15 USD.

Anyone interested in Wakatobi should go to www.wakatobi.com and view the photos and video under galleries.....the video shows a pygmy seahorse giving birth....it is an amazing video! They may still offer to send out their promotional DVD as well.

Another place I have become interested in is Sipidan.....a large group from Washington DC was on their way there when we were going to Bali and recommended it highly! Just a thought!
Paula

Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#4 Penguin

Penguin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

I have an idea for a trip in 2008 or 2009 that is a departure from our usual yearning for warm water. How about doing some cold water liveaboard diving in.......................Antarctica??!!

Seriously. And no I haven't been dipping into the rum that is being discussed on the Australian thread!!

I have been researching this dive over the past few months and have friends going there in March. This is supposed to be a remarkably beautiful dive destination. Granted the water is a little chilly but we have gear to stay warm!! This is a relatively expensive trip so my thought is there may be some cost savings by booking as a group. Depending on desired itinerary, departures are out of South America or New Zealand so there is land diving opportunity at the front or tail end as well.

Any interest out there??

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

Hey gang...the 2007 calendar is done! :unsure:

So now its time to decide where you all want to go for 2008! We've got some good ideas so far...and Wakatobi is confirmed for Oct...just need to know if you all want a 7 day pkg with a 3 day Bali add-on or a 10 day pkg at just Wakatobi!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

Can anyone ballpark these 2007 trips? I know we have some affluent members, but my budget simply won't allow me to drop $3k for a dive trip.

NC may work, Flower Gardens may work.

I'm sad there's nothing in the keys, bimini, no domestic cold water, and nothing inland. I guess the lakes don't tickle anyone's fancy as a dive destination either. St. Lawrence River maybe?

#7 landlocked

landlocked

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

So now its time to decide where you all want to go for 2008! We've got some good ideas so far...and Wakatobi is confirmed for Oct...just need to know if you all want a 7 day pkg with a 3 day Bali add-on or a 10 day pkg at just Wakatobi!

Is it possible to offer both or is it only one or the other? I intend to do this trip regardless so I'd be ok with either.

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

Is it possible to offer both or is it only one or the other? I intend to do this trip regardless so I'd be ok with either.

I will check. I think I have to reserve the resort NOW if we are doing the 10 day option at Wakatobi. They fill out FAST!

formerly...

#9 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

I'm sad there's nothing in the keys, bimini, no domestic cold water, and nothing inland. I guess the lakes don't tickle anyone's fancy as a dive destination either. St. Lawrence River maybe?

I'll work with WW regarding Bimini.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:08 PM

Can anyone ballpark these 2007 trips? I know we have some affluent members, but my budget simply won't allow me to drop $3k for a dive trip.

Perrone...you'll drop $3k on gear while others will drop it on a dive trip.

As for trips in 2007 that are $1000 or under...we have quite a few:

1. NC July
2. NC Oct
3. Flower Gardens
4. Bahamas Explorer Ventures Liveaboard
5. Grenada Singles Week in June
6. Roatan Singles Week Labor Day
7. Cooper River diving for Prehistoric Shark Teeth
8. Oriskany (still be finalized for Nov)

Trips that are close to $1000:

1. Holbox/Cozumel/Cenotes $1391
2. Saba, St Kitts, Estacia, St Marteen $1595

We have divers doing local events more in the venue you are looking at. You'll find them under the regional events forums here.

So most of our trips are actually under $1000. Now the other end of that equation is the $3k range for exotic trips like Philippines, Palau, Australia and the Red Sea.

formerly...

#11 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for the update. I plan on having a LOT more free time this summer and fall, so hopefully I can do more diving.

And yea, I spend $3k on gear, but BELIEVE me, it's not because I want to. I've often said how much I wish that the diving I enjoyed didn't require drysuits, double tanks, 130# of gear, and thousands of dollars to enjoy. Unfortunately, this is the price of admission for what I like to do.

Do any of the cozumel divers do the caves while down there? I'd love to join SD for a trip to do that.

I could have taken one of those exotic vacations for what I spent on my drysuit this month. Oh well.

#12 Jenn

Jenn

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:23 PM

Definent yes to Galapagos!!

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the update. I plan on having a LOT more free time this summer and fall, so hopefully I can do more diving.

And yea, I spend $3k on gear, but BELIEVE me, it's not because I want to. I've often said how much I wish that the diving I enjoyed didn't require drysuits, double tanks, 130# of gear, and thousands of dollars to enjoy. Unfortunately, this is the price of admission for what I like to do.

Do any of the cozumel divers do the caves while down there? I'd love to join SD for a trip to do that.

I could have taken one of those exotic vacations for what I spent on my drysuit this month. Oh well.

The August trip going to Cozumel and Holbox has a day of diving the Cenotes. These are guided dives limited to 4 divers per instructor/dive master. I've done them many times. Kamala

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

I'll work with WW regarding Bimini.

Cool on Bimini! And yes we LOVE the ST LAWRENCE! At least I do!!!

formerly...

#15 jimmy dave

jimmy dave

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:13 PM

I second this. You have some Awesome trips listed, but it would be great to see a trip or two that would be under $2k w/airfare. Since I'm landlocked I don't get to take many trips to the ocean. When I have to shell out that much money for one trip, it tends to be my only trip for the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users