• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hi Everyone - from So Cal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#1 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:53 PM

Hi everyone! I guess I know a few of you here already... and I look forward to meeting the others.

My name is Jennifer and I live here in sunny Southern California. I don't do too much diving here, as I am an admitted "WWW" from way back. I much prefer the tropical fish and coral reefs to the cold kelp beds, but they can be beautiful too. I did just purchase a new 7mm wetsuit so I can dive with some of my new buddies here, though.

I have been diving for 12 years, and have traveled to many wonderful locations. I am thankful diving gives me the excuse to take vacations to warm tropical locations. My most recent trip was to Cozumel in February, and I am planning for Little Cayman in June.

I recently took up digital phtography underwater, and am having a great time with that. I use the Olympus C5050z with the PT015 housing. My latest purchase is an Inon D180 strobe, so I have something new to learn how to use. I enjoy photography immensely, both above and below water.

Oh yes, I almost forgot that I am a big DODGERS fan and excited that the season is almost upon us :) !!

Ciao!

#2 coppermaus

coppermaus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:59 PM

I am thankful diving gives me the excuse to take vacations to warm tropical locations.  My most recent trip was to Cozumel in February, and I am planning for Little Cayman in June. 

Yeah, amen to that! I was in Cozumel in Feb, too, the 8-15th, my first time there. Had a great trip and can't wait to go back there again, or anywhere else warm, wet and tropical.

Welcome to the SD site!

:)
coppermaus

#3 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:29 PM

Hiya Jennifer :) to sd.com

Edited by WisconsinGal, 22 March 2004 - 08:29 PM.

#4 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:31 PM

Heya Sapphire,

Thanks for the info on the pic pages. Sounds like we will be seeing some work from you real soon! The pics I took are digital taken with a little Sony P-10. Pretty cool little camera.

what part of Socal you hail from I was born in Redondo Beach and lived Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan areas most of my life. Except for some time in Kaui.

Just thought I would mention...The handle Blublood refers to the Dodger Blue I Bleed!!!!! Go Dodgers!!!! :taz:
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#5 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:54 PM

Hi Jennifer!

I know you! I'm glad to see you here.

Everyone is friendly and fun, I think you'll enjoy your time with us.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#6 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:03 PM

Hi Sapphire

I remember you from that other site. I'm glad you swam over! Its a Brand Spankin New Site we'll all be Mod's here in a short time ( If you wanta be one) But I remember one post you put up about your Kids and a floaty thing in a pool ! Why I'm not shure but it stuck with me ? :taz: Welcome Aboard

Mike AKA GotAir
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:14 PM

Hi Sapphire....WELCOME GIRL!!! Amazing when one door closes how another opens! Glad you found this one...we all did too! LOL!!!

I'm thrilled you are diving Cayman in June...just bummed you won't be able to join us for Bonaire Dive Festival instead!!! I'll have the details posted in the next few days but we look to be about $200-300 less then everyone else which is why it has taken me so long to get the trip posted. I'll be offering it to premier members first and then go general after that.

Thanks for dropping in...hope you stay awhile!!! ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 10:37 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! And of course Walter, I know you too! (for the rest of you, Walter and I put together a small Singles trip to Florida last fall which was very much fun!).

Hi Kamala, I am glad your trip to Cozumel went so well! When is Bonaire because Little Cayman is not until June 27 (although I am going to British Columbia in the middle of June, not for diving but for fishing).

Hi Gar! I know we are fellow Dodger fans, maybe we can take in a game if you are ever out this way. I live in "the 909" and work in "the 562"...

Thanks Mike for the welcome, I do have a daughter and I took her and some of her friends to Cabo (along with OHDiver) in December, we did take a picture of "a floaty thing" that was kinda funny!!

And thank you to everyone else who welcomed me here :taz: !!

Jennifer

#9 Parrot Head

Parrot Head

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:30 AM

Hi and Welcome

#10 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:21 AM

Jennifer was also kind enough to be my buddy for my first ever California dives a couple of weeks before that singles trip.

She's a great buddy.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#11 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:04 AM

Hi Sapphire!!

I'm glad you could make it here. I think you should take your divegear with you to B.C.. The diving there is fabulous although a bit chilly.

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:48 AM

Hey girl...the trip in June is 13-20th and full details will be posted shortly. It is the Bonaire Dive Festival and should be a blast!!! Sounds like you will be in BC during the trip...however, you can join us at SeaSpace in Houston where we work our first dive show for SingleDivers.com! I'm even a seminar speaker....how about that! I've had a number of people want to help work the show which is June 4-6th and also happens to be the b-day weekend for several of the founders so it should be a blast! I'll post more details in the NA section BUT I wanted to personally invite you along with several hundred of your closest friends to join us! LOL!!!

Sounds like you'll need to do the Sept Roatan trip if you can't do June!

And for the record...Walter and Sapphire did an awesome job on the first singles trip run that I know of! And they inspired the January Cozy singles trip we just did! Kudos to you both!!!

-wreck wench

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#13 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:09 AM

Hi sapphire,

I also recall your name from SB.com, however my user name over there is Sham_ba_la and that's only because Dejah was already taken... Either way welcome to SD.com. Also great to hear there's another Photographer on board I look forward to seeing some of your pictures in the future.

Deb

#14 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:55 AM

:welcome: Sapphire. Glad you could join us. I am looking forward to getting to know you and the possibility of diving with you in the near future.

I too am a cold-hearted Dodgers fan even though I live in Texas. I lived up in the High Dessert for over 12 years and couldn't help BUT become a Dodgers fanatic....GO BIG BLUE

-Zendiver
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#15 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:45 AM

Hi Sapphire!!

I'm glad you could make it here. I think you should take your divegear with you to B.C.. The diving there is fabulous although a bit chilly.

Diverlady

Ummm, ya, let me think.... No, TOO cold! Maybe if I had a drysuit :welcome: ?

No, this is a fishing trip on a floating lodge. I plan on catching tons of salmon & halibut and BBQing all summer long :P !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users