• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

10/06 PNW HH & Dive - Find Fish!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: REEF quarterly Survey Dive Day (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in joining REEF for their quarterly local Survey Dive Day on October 28th?

1. Yes (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. I am interested, but cannot attend this dive day (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:24 PM

:wavey: Wow, someone posted to this forum!?! Shocking! :)

:angel2:
Go Fast, Turn Left. http://www.apbanw.com - http://www.goboatracing.net
Wa. state family law attorneys http://www.danceycassady.com

#17 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:07 PM

:wavey: Wow, someone posted to this forum!?! Shocking! :)

:angel2:

We have 5 people already sined up - so yes it looks like people are posting to this forum. So are you planning on counting fish with us?
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#18 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

:-D Wow, someone posted to this forum!?! Shocking! :-D

:wakawaka:

We have 5 people already sined up - so yes it looks like people are posting to this forum. So are you planning on counting fish with us?

Yes, I still plan to. All I was referring to is the fact it's been nearly a month since anyone posted in the NW HH forum. :teeth:

#19 climbindiver

climbindiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:61 and counting

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

Wish I could be there.

#20 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

Wish I could be there.

;) to the board climbindiver!!

Sorry you can't make this event, but cmt489 - our fabulous PNW Happy Hour planner - is looking at putting together a Happy Hour in the BC area before the year is up! When you have a moment, post an intro in our New to SingleDivers.com forum so other SD members can properly welcome you to the site!

dive_girl
SingleDivers Angel :P
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#21 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:47 PM

There's a possibility another great dive opportunity may conflict with my attending these REEF dives, but I do encourage those signed up to still plan on attending. I'll keep you all updated!

#22 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:43 PM

WHAT ???
You won't be here marking the fish you already counted???

I will miss you if you can't make it. I will have to have a sharpie for each hand.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#23 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:45 PM

WHAT ???
You won't be here marking the fish you already counted???

I will miss you if you can't make it. I will have to have a sharpie for each hand.

What as I thinking!!??? Miss gis_gal? Phewey on that - I am rescheduling the other. I will share in the sharpie duties!!! :o

#24 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:18 PM

DG ~ Glad to hear you can make it.
I already bought 2 sharpies... I will let you borrow one.
We will make quick work of marking those fish..
Georgia will be so proud.

#25 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:34 PM

DG ~ Glad to hear you can make it.
I already bought 2 sharpies... I will let you borrow one.
We will make quick work of marking those fish..
Georgia will be so proud.

Excellent, although I believe marking mustaches and glasses on our fish may be frowned upon...

#26 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

Big black markers seem rather cumbersome, and not as much fun as a paint gun. I think I will wear my doubles, so I can hook up a paint gun to one of the cylinders. So, if you see some colorful, dazed fish, those are mine. :P

#27 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:25 PM

I'm out. I just joined the Seattle Aquarium as a volunteer and one of the training days is the 28th.

Have fun and for those of you who stay a little later hopefully you will get to see a Sixgill.

Gray

#28 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:30 AM

I'm out. I just joined the Seattle Aquarium as a volunteer and one of the training days is the 28th.

Have fun and for those of you who stay a little later hopefully you will get to see a Sixgill.

Gray

DANGIT! :D Although how crazy - when I was in Seattle in Sept. I picked up a volunteer brochure in case I was to start spending more time in our Seattle office! It is the possible opportunity to go on some of those six gill tagging dives, isn't it??

#29 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:39 AM

Gray

I am also looking to volunteer at the Aquarium but missed the diver orientation on the 7th due to a Cedar River Salmon commitment.
I will be joining the group after Jan.
Can't wait to dive those new tanks. :D

Just sad you won't be joining us on our fish tagging dives.

Edited by gis_gal, 09 October 2006 - 10:39 AM.

#30 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

I missed the cut-off for the dive checkout but am volunteering anyway in a non-diving role. I may do the checkout next time it's offered or I may move over to the Life Science's part of the Aquarium to volunteer (100 hours required first). Eventually, I'll either get bored or I'll dive for a while and get bored.:D

Diving in a tank cleaning window may not be all that exciting. :) Regarding Sixgills, I see more with my own diving than I would ever see through the Aquarium. At the moment the Sixgill program isn't active due to construction. When it is active there is a long waiting list since everyone wants to do it and the paid Aquarium divers also all want to do it.

I have a couple of friends who work there and I have gone to one of the Sixgill research nights and it is interesting. The new Neah Bay exhibit should be interesting when they get that completed. It will have a huge plunger creating surf action just like Neah Bay.

Good luck with your tagging operation at Owens Beach. You should have a different tagging system than the Aquarium so why don't you just use those Sharpies and name each Sixgill (write fast!)? Maybe it would be safer to name them on their tail. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users