• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Palau March 2007

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

I wonder if he'd think I was weird if I pulled out a notebook and took notes...

You should get a recording - at least audio. Some of the military historians are putting these oral histories together, and you have a unique opportunity. I met a ski instructor a few years back in Purgatory who I thought was about 60. During our day on the hill our talks turned to past lives, and he said he'd been a Naval Aviator flying fighters off carriers from 41-46... if he joined when he was 18, he was at least 77 when I met him, and still going strong. One of my inspirations in my former, and now current life. Hooya.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:48 PM

This must be him...Wow...I'm impressed you know this man...Kamala we have just met our match for the love of Military History!

Leete Jackson, Jr.

BRANCH OF SERVICE
U.S. Marine Corps

HOMETOWN
Lubbock, TX

HONORED BY
Jane Ann Jackson, Wife

ACTIVITY DURING WWII
CAPTAIN. PILOT U.S. MARINE CORPS 1942 TO 1945. FLEW THE AVENGER TORPEDO BOMBER IN THE PACIFIC THEATRE. HIS MISSIONS TOOK HIM ALL OVER THE PACIFIC; GUAM, ESPIRITU SANTO, BOUGAINVILLE, PELELIU AND ULITHI TO NAME A FEW. HIS SQUADRON VMTB-232, THE 'RED DEVILS' WAS THE MOST HIGHLY DECORATED SQUADRON IN THE MARINE CORPS.

Yep you are right...WOW!!!

And yes I am working on pricing and should have a firm package put together for either a full blown SD trip or a SD 'buddy' trip!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

I met a retired Navy Pilot once that had flown missions in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. I felt like I'd just sat down next to a history book.

My great uncle landed with III MARDIV on Agat Beach in Guam when they took the island back from the Japaneese. It was really neat being stationed there and getting to stand on that same beach.
"

#19 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:43 PM

You should get a recording - at least audio. Some of the military historians are putting these oral histories together, and you have a unique opportunity. Hooya.

Mark,

I agree!.....I have heard of this.....do you know who does it or a web site?
You must endeavor to pursue!

#20 Cynthia

Cynthia

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:171

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

Y'all are too sweet!!
Leete, my friend/adopted Daddy is just a joy and simply a living history book!
He usually tells me only 1/2 of the story, then I do some homework, and ask the rest. He'll come clean with details, but I have to know the right questions to ask; those men were really something...
However......zigging another direction,

****I'm really interested in going to Palau and am waiting with baited breath to see what you come up with, Kamala!!
Y'all are simply wonderful.........
Thanks,
Cynthia

Edited by Cynthia, 04 September 2006 - 10:12 AM.

#21 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

Scott

I need a dive buddy for my....7th or is it my 8th....trip to Palau. I'll be going from March 1st thru the 14th...have I ever mentioned...Sharks

Scott you dont need a dive buddy you need someone to lOOk out for YOU :hiya:

I Love WWII History My Dad served over their during that time, and I would like to see firsthand all what he had told me about.

Have Fun Buddy! wish I could tell Ya I was going :iagree:

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#22 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:28 PM

:fish: So Mike....are you saying you have not worked hard enough building your own business….to take some time off??…LOL... Palau has some of the finest if not the best diving in the World, Historical WWII wrecks, Peleliu, Sharks, Mantas, Jellyfish lake and so much more…and if you are lucky you may meet some Iwo Jima and Peleliu vets on your way there…..something to talk to your Dad about….Come join me…Think about it…I need a buddy(s)! :)

#23 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

You should get a recording - at least audio. Some of the military historians are putting these oral histories together, and you have a unique opportunity. Hooya.

Mark,

I agree!.....I have heard of this.....do you know who does it or a web site?

http://hqinet001.hqm...tory_Primer.htm

I would urge everyone who has contact with a veteran to pursue this - the link above is for USMC - try a google search on Oral Military History <Service>
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#24 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:40 PM

Y'all are too sweet!!
He usually tells me only 1/2 of the story, then I do some homework, and ask the rest. He'll come clean with details, but I have to know the right questions to ask; those men were really something...

****I'm really interested in going to Palau and am waiting with baited breath to see what you come up with, Kamala!!
Thanks,
Cynthia

:welcome: Soooooo...Cynthia....I am assured you have gotten all the info for Palau...So are you...Walking the Walk or Talking the Talk??? :fish: ....Will I see you or anyone else in Palau :fish2: ?????

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:32 AM

I have worked out diving accommodations for our group and it looks like we can make that work great! Now I am working on the hotel accommodations for a group of no more than 16 at max and at least 8. We need to decide the number of days for the trip...7, 10, or 14. Scott goes for 14 but many people can't go that long.

I will do a poll to see how long people would be interested in going for once I can ball park some pricing for each option.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#26 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

I have worked out diving accommodations for our group and it looks like we can make that work great! Now I am working on the hotel accommodations for a group of no more than 16 at max and at least 8. We need to decide the number of days for the trip...7, 10, or 14. Scott goes for 14 but many people can't go that long.

I will do a poll to see how long people would be interested in going for once I can ball park some pricing for each option.

:P When you say 7 days? Do you mean 7 dive days? Remember it takes a day plus to get there. I would not plan less than 7 dive days for that distance. Plus on the no dive day plan an optional tour to Peleliu :D

Edited by Travelnsj, 15 September 2006 - 04:46 PM.

#27 waterphoto

waterphoto

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:37 PM

Y'all are too sweet!!

Thanks,
Cynthia

:cool2: Soooooo...Cynthia....I am assured you have gotten all the info for Palau...So are you...Walking the Walk or Talking the Talk??? :bam: ....Will I see you or anyone else in Palau :P ?????

Hey Kamala, I'm very up for this trip. Longer is always better when you are traveling that far. Keep me posted. I'm lookin at placing an offer an a new home and that could impact things, but Palau is on my list so would love to join the group.

#28 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:16 AM

:) So sitting in Tokyo...headed back home...anything new on Palau?...or I'm I going it alone again?? :)...I bet you guys are all sleeping......

Edited by Travelnsj, 30 September 2006 - 03:20 AM.

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:58 AM

:) So sitting in Tokyo...headed back home...anything new on Palau?...or I'm I going it alone again?? :lmao:...I bet you guys are all sleeping......

Hotel and diving has been worked out. Now working on the air contacts to see if it is reasonable for the majority of us who have to PAY to fly! :lmao:

Should know something next week!!! :)

formerly...

#30 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

:respect: So sitting in Tokyo...headed back home...anything new on Palau?...or I'm I going it alone again?? :o...I bet you guys are all sleeping......

Hotel and diving has been worked out. Now working on the air contacts to see if it is reasonable for the majority of us who have to PAY to fly! :-D

Should know something next week!!! :P

:cool2: I'm impressed....keep up the good work :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users