• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Palau March 2007

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

:diver: Ok Cynthia...I am being patience enough...How was the Lubbock Texas Air Show? How did that poster/picture of Leete we worked on look?....Was he surprised? Did he see his plane he flew in the Pacific campaign? In addition, did the people at the Air show honor him?....I hope so!! Enough questions....need answers...LOL....We should all be grateful to all those men who risked there lives and died to preserve our way of life....If this came off as you planned, I hope all that were there recognized what those men did in WWII!

Now, I hope I have peeked your interest a bit more for Palau???...ready to do a tour on your no dive day of Peleliu and Bloody Nose Ridge? You will see the area he flew his plane and where he got shot....March 2007...think about it.

Edited by Travelnsj, 08 October 2006 - 10:00 PM.

You must endeavor to pursue!

#32 waterphoto

waterphoto

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:48 AM

Wondering what the status is on this trip...I'd love to join you and need to start making plans if it is happening.

Cindy

:P I need a dive buddy for my....7th or is it my 8th....trip to Palau. I'll be going from March 1st thru the 14th...have I ever mentioned...Sharks, Mantas, Jellyfish, Sea Hare's, Dogtooth Tuna, Barracuda (of all sizes), Biggest Wrasses you will ever see, Giant soft Corals, WWII Wrecks...and so much more.

But the biggest bonus you may have....is from March 3rd thru the 10th is the 61st Iwo Jima reunion....These men enabled us to enjoy our freedoms we have Today. They may be on the plane with you from LA to Guam....If are lucky as I was this last March....you may be able to sit next to a few of these great Americans as I did....WOW....the History you learn!...Read my trip report....I had General Haynes (his men raised the flag on Mount Suribachi) and General Snowden, Battalion commanders on Iwo all sitting next to or around me.... I never felt so humble.

Come one come all for any part of the trip...I have given SD all the contact info to make you a Palau diver! :unhappy: ......or you can read my trip report again :thankyou:

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:47 PM

I have secured air and hotel and diving for Palau. I will get the pricing posted by tomorrow as I have just returned from DEMA and uncovering myself.

The pricing will be based upon less than 10 people but once we get to 10 people everyone will get an additional discount on the air pkg. I have a contract for air for approx $1800 (normal is $2000+) but we need 10 people to qualify for it.

I will post the price at slightly below normal retail air rates (as I did get some discount off of scheduled air) and as soon as we get 10 people we'll all get a $200 savings! There is a possibility that my mother will have surgery in the timeframe we are looking at which is March 5-16, so it is possible we'll have a different trip leader.

FULL DETAILS COMING SHORTLY! FINALLY!!! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#34 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:07 PM

Cool. I had already been tentatively working on joining Scott for a week. If it is a great group, all the better. I would be in for the week of March 5th through the 9th, if I could fly out Sat 3rd and return by Sun 11th. I am already taking 2 weeks off in Jan to go home, so I can't take another two week block so soon.

Let me know if the shorter period will be acceptable. Yes, I know, Scott, that less than 7 dive days is suboptimal for that trip. But I still feel that is better than none!!!

Rosa

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,612 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

see reply in the 2008 trip thread.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users