• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

October DOM - All Texas Event

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you like for Dinner on Saturday Night (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Options:

1. Fajita's - Beef & Chicken (13 votes [48.15%])

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

2. BBQ (Smoked Pork, Chicken, Salmon, Beef Brisket) & all the fixens by Steve Sadler! (11 votes [40.74%])

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

3. Other (explain below) (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 larry72

larry72

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:ow

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:10 AM

OOPS, GOT EXCITED AND FORGOT I HAVE A FRIEND COMING TO TOWN THAT WEEKEND. (JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME, I'D RATHER DIVE) NEXT TIME FOR SURE.

#17 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

OOPS, GOT EXCITED AND FORGOT I HAVE A FRIEND COMING TO TOWN THAT WEEKEND. (JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME, I'D RATHER DIVE) NEXT TIME FOR SURE.

Bring your friend! Doesn't have to be a diver to have fun with us!

#18 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:51 PM

Absolutely - SWMBO has even said she might come along for the ride and the usual crowd of characters. If you're not there, we will gossip about what you're not doing with who you're not with. Stay away at your own risk.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#19 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

If you're not there, we will gossip about what you're not doing with who you're not with. Stay away at your own risk.

Hmmmm....

Maybe I should stay away - might add a little excitement to my life! :angel2:

#20 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:57 PM

I'm interested in this little adventure. Scubapunk says good stuff about diving at Athens and the weather should be just fine for the hot tub, so count me in!

:birthday: So glad you are going to join us. It will be an adventure to be sure!

Sounds like a fun weekend, count me in. It's about time I got to meet all of you :birthday:.

ABOUT TIME!!!! You're not kidding! Can't wait to meet you.

:birthday: It's not nice, or safe :diver: to disappoint the Punk :usflag: Twinklez has a great idea, bring your friend along. :birthday:

So...So...True. Will we get to see you there too?

#21 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:50 AM

My basic plan is to be there on Sunday. October through December is crunch quarter for me.

Somebody has to sell those damn diamonds....

PlatypusMan
....working on video from Roatan in my spare time...

#22 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

SP - it's my intent to come. But...my dad...my hero...my biggest fan, is having an angiogram done on the 20th. He's in California and I'm here. He's very overweight and has some very serious existing heart problems starting out, so an angio for him is significantly more risky than for most. That being said...it all depends on the outcome of the angio and action plan established afterward. I may be on a red-eye to CA on the 20th.

Hope to see me at Athens...cause things have to go well on the 20th in order for that to happen so it'll be like a dual purpose hope! :wavey:

#23 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

SP - it's my intent to come. But...my dad...my hero...my biggest fan, is having an angiogram done on the 20th. He's in California and I'm here. He's very overweight and has some very serious existing heart problems starting out, so an angio for him is significantly more risky than for most. That being said...it all depends on the outcome of the angio and action plan established afterward. I may be on a red-eye to CA on the 20th.

Hope to see me at Athens...cause things have to go well on the 20th in order for that to happen so it'll be like a dual purpose hope! :wavey:

Twinklez, I hope everything goes well for your father. I will be sending good healing karma vibes his way. It will be great to see you again, if you can make it, but family comes first. There will be many more opportunities to dive at Athens.

SP

Edited by ScubaPunk, 22 September 2006 - 10:46 PM.

#24 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

Twinklez, I hope everything goes well for your father. I will be sending good healing karma vibes his way. It will be great to see you again, if you can make it, but family comes first. There will be many more opportunities to dive at Athens.

SP

Thanks Punkie, one can never have enough good healing karma vibes heading their way.

If all goes well I will be there. Dad would say, "We've gotta wait till the fat lady sings!"

#25 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

everyone things are looking good for me and i should move on to the next module in paramedic, on wednesday i will get back online and do some clean up on some details.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#26 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

SP - it's my intent to come. But...my dad...my hero...my biggest fan, is having an angiogram done on the 20th. He's in California and I'm here.

Tina - Best thoughts for your Dad from tj and me.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#27 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

everyone things are looking good for me and i should move on to the next module in paramedic, on wednesday i will get back online and do some clean up on some details.

Tooth

Good to hear Tooth; I hope you know we're all here anytime you need a little encouragement to keep moving forward. You're doing a great job - keep it up! :usflag:

SP - it's my intent to come. But...my dad...my hero...my biggest fan, is having an angiogram done on the 20th. He's in California and I'm here.

Tina - Best thoughts for your Dad from tj and me.

Thanks Mark, all these positive thoughts coming from Texas and Dad's gonna start feeling like someone slipped him some Enzyte while he wasn't looking. :)

I really do appreciate the care and concern expressed from you and all my other friends here on SD.

Tina

#28 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:25 AM

It was going to be Sara & me in the water, with SWMBO doing beach fluff duty.

Now, the complete gene pool is contemplating another dive.

Elliot says he's interested, and since his in-laws just got a time-share in Cozumel - so maybe my investments in his diving will pay off yet!!
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#29 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:46 AM

Yippee! :usflag: The more, the merrier!

#30 larry72

larry72

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:ow

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

Hope to see me at Athens...cause things have to go well on the 20th in order for that to happen so it'll be like a dual purpose hope! :thankyou:

good luck twinklez, "good, healing karma" from me as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users