• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Thanksgiving Plans

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

I know it's two months out, but two months isn't much when you making travel plans! I am planning on heading to the Bahamas (I have run out of rum), what are you doing??

I'm traveling TG day, SWMBO will be working Friday, so Sara and I will do the turkey, and hopefully not stuff each other.

You should plan a stopover in DFW and we can take you to Clear Springs - just like the Bahamas, only Fresh Water and Lone Star beer instead of Salt Water & Rum.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#17 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:21 AM

Thanks Giving..?? = Turkey Time Dive...

Luckily able to do it again this year... 7th in a row...

Heading up to the Sunshine Coast, BC - Porpoise bay on Wed for 4 days of diving the Great Nor'west. Vis last year was apx 130'... I was on a wall at that depth, certainly NOT below :birthday: and just happen to look up and could see the ripples on the surface.. Cloud sponges, 600' walls, one of the fastest currents (can only dive several times a year), HMCS Chaudiere warm cabins and did I mention a Tavern right next door??? Last time we had a quick snow flurry, snow on the dry suits...

One of the best dives in the area..

So "Happy Thanksgiving.... Turkeys..." LOL...

Posted Image

Edited by fbp, 25 September 2006 - 07:27 AM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#18 reefraff

reefraff

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:O/W nitrox
  • Logged Dives:32

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:19 AM

Sounds like some great plans are being made, all around. I'm Planning on a small get away since it will only be a long weekend. But Ginnie Springs Fla, is where I'm headed. I haven't done the springs so I'm looking forward to that. At the least I can say, been there done that. To include the weather should be a little warmer there. than SC. I would also like to add and ask that everyone remember our troops this Thanksgiving, that won't be able to be with family and friends, so that we have the freedom to do things like this.

Bill

#19 sniperdiver

sniperdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:26 PM

I'm taking my thanksgiving dive early. I'll be in Cozumel the 1st part of November, cuz on Turkey day I have to work the Cowboy game. Then off to south LA. right after the game to have a Cajun feast!
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet!

#20 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:55 PM

You know I hadn't given it much thought, but this year I actually have a home to have dinner at. Maybe I'll do the do at my place. It's been a long time and I always liked cooking for family dinners. Lots to be thankful for this year!

#21 tonyinasia

tonyinasia

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:212

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:29 PM

I will be in Thailand, diving in the Similan Islands and around the island of Phuket. The week before Thanksgiving will be on a liveaboard in the Similans. Once back to Phuket, my buddy and I are planning an excursion to islands located to the south of Phuket, to either the Butang Islands, or Hin Daeng & Hin Muang. Making a bee line from Phuket back to Bangkok on Thanksgiving Day, my dive buddy and I will spend the afternoon & evening with friends enjoying a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Although it's a bit early, here's a wish to all of you on this board that you may enjoy quality time with friends, family or a loved one over the Thanksgiving holiday.

#22 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

Luckily able to do it again this year... 7th in a row...

Heading up to the Sunshine Coast, BC - Porpoise bay on Wed for 4 days of diving the Great Nor'west. Vis last year was apx 130'... I was on a wall at that depth, certainly NOT below :) and just happen to look up and could see the ripples on the surface.. Cloud sponges, 600' walls, one of the fastest currents (can only dive several times a year), HMCS Chaudiere warm cabins and did I mention a Tavern right next door??? Last time we had a quick snow flurry, snow on the dry suits...

One of the best dives in the area..

So "Happy Thanksgiving.... Turkeys..." LOL...

Posted Image

Hi Frank,
Was up there this weekend...80ft+ horizontal vis.Also checking out the new 'skiff' being built,Kal is hoping to have it working begining of Nov.

#23 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

Also checking out the new 'skiff' being built,Kal is hoping to have it working begining of Nov.

Yikes, another one??? He sold the Hell Cat (really a kewl dive boat) got the new skiff, used it last year and now a new one???
What's it look like?? same thing??? heheh.. with a bigger head??
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#24 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

Also checking out the new 'skiff' being built,Kal is hoping to have it working begining of Nov.

Yikes, another one??? He sold the Hell Cat (really a kewl dive boat) got the new skiff, used it last year and now a new one???
What's it look like?? same thing??? heheh.. with a bigger head??

It is a similar hull to the current skiff but a bit wider and longer.For power there is twin I/O and the helm is foward.It will be fully enclosed and the roof will be designed to also be an upper deck.The head hasn't been built so don't know.

#25 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:27 PM

Kewl....
Look forward to seeing it...

I keep telling Kal to put some "Flying Tiger Teeth" on the bow.. heheh.. Like Mike at Campbell River or this one...

Now that would be kewl...

Thanx for the info, look forward to seeing it....
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#26 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

What will I be doing for Thanksgiving, Hmmm let me think. . . oh yes I remember. Having the time of my life with the best group of dive buddies a man can ask for. Where? you wonder, Sea of Cortez & Socorro Island & Revillagigedo Islands on the Inclusive Nautilus Explorer Liveaboard!!!

P.S. I have been assured that there will be rum.

Hawk, nobody likes a braggart - especially when they one up the person who started the thread... ;)
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#27 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

This year I am lucky enough to have my daughter, son and brother all here !

We are cooking too much food ,and watching football, and snoozing it off on the couch!
I amtruely blessed that we can all be together this year!

Of course I will be thinking of my SD buddies on their fabulous trip to Cortez...I soooo wanted to join in on this one but the timing was not good for me, but, this will be a GREAT trip for sure!

Karen

#28 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

I'll be doing the family deal again this year:

Thanksgiving dinner at my brothers house followed by watching football or making my Xmas list so everyone will know what Santa will bring this year

Our Thanksgiving dinner has been at my brothers house since my Mom passed in 1999...it has become such a great tradition now that I can't imagine our holidays' without it :)

#29 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:01 PM

Frank,
Even though it's not the Canadian Thanksgiving I'll try and get over for the weekend(mostly for the turkey and stuffing)

Eric

#30 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:50 AM

Frank,
Even though it's not the Canadian Thanksgiving I'll try and get over for the weekend(mostly for the turkey and stuffing)

Eric

Heheh.. yah, but I know all you Canadians Celebrate BOTH holidays.... (joking)

Check with Kal, not sure what the bookings are... it's a group thing that goes up..
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users