• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Girl dives Canada!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:34 PM

Actually this sounds like a great wreck:

The 366' ship settled on her port side (~90o). The deck at the stern is 50-60' deep, at the superstructure is about 80' and at the bow is 90-100'. The bottom at the stern is about 80', at midship is about 110', beneath the guns is about 140' and the bow hangs over a ledge. Large, yellow cautionary buoys (X) are attached to the ship at the stern, mid-ship and bow. Orange and white mooring cans (X) are attached to the ship just forward of the superstructure and mid-mortor bay.

Oh and have a glass of wine for me! :lmao:

It's not a wreck (someone would have said it so it might as well be me) :D

Edited by gcbryan, 25 October 2006 - 05:36 PM.

#17 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:04 PM

The Chaud left the yard at 366' but due to an acident involving two ships(the Chaud not being one of them) she ended up 2' shorter.
She also saw service at the Bikini Atoll durring the testing where an incident resulted in defining the rest of her service above water.

ps-DG if you tell me The Aristocrate joke I'll let you in on why Canadians say "eh"

#18 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:08 PM

Well I am back from Canada and can I just WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! I have to say the diving I experienced over the past weekend was collectively some of the most consistent and beautiful I have ever experienced in the Pacific Northwest. The visibility was wonderful. The sea life was wonderful. The sites are wonderful - walls like you can't imagine. I had fantastic dive buddies. The country is gorgeous. The dive operator, Porpoise Bay Charters run by Kal and Ann are simply fabulous. Their accommodations are simply perfect for diving. I need to give a full dive report as quick comments simply do not do this area of the world justice.

I am hooked, hands down hooked.

Also, it was my absolute pleasure to finally meet and dive with you 6Gill.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#19 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:09 PM

And no stop by for a glass of wine... :wavey: Glad you had a great time!

#20 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

And no stop by for a glass of wine... :tears: Glad you had a great time!

Sorry about that! Juggling ferry crossings and our drive home, we had just enough time to catch dinner with 6Gill, but not enough to wind into the city for wine. Next time though! :)
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#21 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

DG ~ Glad to hear you had a great time.
I have a few other dive buddies who was just at Porpoise Bay.
They had nothing but great things to say about the dives and the operation.

I have got to get up there and soon.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#22 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

Well I am back from Canada and can I just WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! I have to say the diving I experienced over the past weekend was collectively some of the most consistent and beautiful I have ever experienced in the Pacific Northwest. The visibility was wonderful. The sea life was wonderful. The sites are wonderful - walls like you can't imagine. I had fantastic dive buddies. The country is gorgeous. The dive operator, Porpoise Bay Charters run by Kal and Ann are simply fabulous. Their accommodations are simply perfect for diving. I need to give a full dive report as quick comments simply do not do this area of the world justice.

I am hooked, hands down hooked.

Also, it was my absolute pleasure to finally meet and dive with you 6Gill.

Maybe next time we'll show you the really good stuff.... :P

#23 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:15 AM

Maybe next time we'll show you the really good stuff.... :P

:P Tease! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users