• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ONLY 7 SPOTS LEFT!! March 5-15, 2007 Palau!

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#46 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

Hello All,
Just joined SingleDivers yesterday, 12-30-06, and I am so glad that I did! Is there any room left for the trip to Palau 3-5-07 thru 3-15-07?

I would be a single diver flying from Houston, Texas. Who would I contact to find out what the air cost is and so on?? There is a very good chance I may be able to swing this trip! Just need to figure out the exact cost.

So HELP a newbie please and tell me which fin to pull to get the fine details please??

Thanks!
Juli

Hi Juli,

I'll send you an email with some details via email. We have a contract for air set up out of LAX to Korror and I'll send you that information as well

I really hope you can attend! I've read that Palau is one of the underwater wonders of our world

#47 Juliwithani

Juliwithani

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:OW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:47 PM

Thank you FinGrabber. I would really like to try and make this trip to Palau! I will watch for the email and hopefully make a decision in next couple of days.

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:12 PM

Thank you FinGrabber. I would really like to try and make this trip to Palau! I will watch for the email and hopefully make a decision in next couple of days.

Excellent! Do let us know what airport you wish to fly out of or we can just get the air from LAX for you. Great to have you on board! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 Juliwithani

Juliwithani

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:OW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

Excellent! Do let us know what airport you wish to fly out of or we can just get the air from LAX for you. Great to have you on board! -ww

Can you tell me if there are any spots available on the Feb. 2007 trip on the liveboard to Carib.? Also what the total cost would be out of Houston IAH? I would want a single room unless there are 2 spots open and I could bring my daughter, age 23 also advanced open water?

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

Can you tell me if there are any spots available on the Feb. 2007 trip on the liveboard to Carib.? Also what the total cost would be out of Houston IAH? I would want a single room unless there are 2 spots open and I could bring my daughter, age 23 also advanced open water?

Yes we have 1 spot open for sure. I can check to see if possibly there is on other spot. If you want ANY spot on ANY trip please post in that thread that you want the spot and your check or payment is in the mail! As for liveaboards...the upcharge on them is VERY high and there would not be a single room available for the Liveaboard. You can however get a single room for the Palau trip!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

>It is required that all divers, snorkelers, boat riders have two permits. The Koror State Permit is $15/person and the Peleliu State Permit is $20/person. This is a one time fee and is valid for 2 weeks.

Please advise how we obtain these. Do we need to get them online in advance of our departure? Do we take care of it when we land?
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#52 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

>It is required that all divers, snorkelers, boat riders have two permits. The Koror State Permit is $15/person and the Peleliu State Permit is $20/person. This is a one time fee and is valid for 2 weeks.

Please advise how we obtain these. Do we need to get them online in advance of our departure? Do we take care of it when we land?

Good point, we also need to figure out if we need to follow Palauan custom and have the women handle all the money:

The early Palauans developed a complex and highly organized social system that today mystifies all but the most dedicated anthropologist. In the Palauan matrilineal system, which still exists, nuclear families and extended families, called clans, were related through the mother's side of the family. The mother's brother had a role nearly equal to that of the natural father in providing for the children. And many children were adopted, always within the extended family and often as a means to manipulate land, wealth and human resources. Men ruled as chiefs, but it was the women who chose those chiefs and had the power to rescind chiefly status. Women also held the money of the clan.

Money made from beads of colored glass or high-fired clay, substances not known to exist in Palau, was used in a complex system of exchange. Each piece was named, its previous clan owners known and its specific shape, as individual as a fingerprint, committed to memory in the minds of certain elders. Even today, much of a clan's history can be told through its money. This money continues to be used in certain traditional marriage, funeral and first-child ceremonies though, as it was in the past, it is the responsibility of the recipient to verify its authenticity.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:07 AM

Hee! Hee! Looks like we are doing our best to keep tradition going here at SD!!! :thankyou:

As for the permits...you will be able to get them via the dive operator on island. He just wanted us to know that they were not part of the price! -ww

formerly...

#54 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

"A spectacular 400 mile long strand of pearls laid across blue sea best describes this jewel of the Pacific. Made of limestone coral reefs lifted above sea level and undercut by ocean currents which over time have notched the basis so that from the air they look like giant mushrooms, the Republic of Palau, in Micronesia, is truly nature at its most majestic."

Only 60 days away! I'm finalizing my tickets via SD travel right now flying through Seattle, so Capn Jack we'll be meeting up in Honolulu. I expect a froofy drink with an umbrella in hand when I get there! :pray:

Side note: Stepping off the plane in Hawai'i will mark my first visit to Hawai'i and it is the last of the 50 states for me to visit!! That's right, all 50 states!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#55 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

so Capn Jack we'll be meeting up in Honolulu. I expect a froofy drink with an umbrella in hand when I get there! :pray:

As long as one of them thar native girls has a bottle of tequila and a stock of umbrellas, we'll git yu that thar froofy drink.

Of course, if the native girl has other libations or recreational activities for me, I, as a socially responsible, environmentally protective, defender of the weak will go with the pacific island flow and you're on your own. bwah ha ha ha
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#56 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

"A spectacular 400 mile long strand of pearls laid across blue sea best describes this jewel of the Pacific. Made of limestone coral reefs lifted above sea level and undercut by ocean currents which over time have notched the basis so that from the air they look like giant mushrooms, the Republic of Palau, in Micronesia, is truly nature at its most majestic."

Only 60 days away! I'm finalizing my tickets via SD travel right now flying through Seattle, so Capn Jack we'll be meeting up in Honolulu. I expect a froofy drink with an umbrella in hand when I get there! :pray:

Side note: Stepping off the plane in Hawai'i will mark my first visit to Hawai'i and it is the last of the 50 states for me to visit!! That's right, all 50 states!

That's pretty cool!!

I think the Honolulu airport is one of the prettiest...you'll see what I mean when you get there :cheerleader:

#57 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

I think the Honolulu airport is one of the prettiest...you'll see what I mean when you get there :pray:

I'll be there thanks to you booking my ticket. Thank you Kim for your help in securing my ticket.

#58 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

I think the Honolulu airport is one of the prettiest...you'll see what I mean when you get there :cheerleader:

I'll be there thanks to you booking my ticket. Thank you Kim for your help in securing my ticket.

No problem!

but as you know, WW and I are a team :pray: working to bring affordable diving to everyone!

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:38 PM

Payment Update:

1. Mark aka Capn Jack got your trip balance! :teeth:
2. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl got your trip balance too! :usflag:

formerly...

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:15 PM

Trip Status Update:

So far this trip is going to be a very intimate SD experience with only a handful of divers thus far. Unfortunately the number of divers on the trip just decreased by one more as I have found out that my mother's surgery and recovery will conflict with this trip. :welcome:

Nicolle aka Dive_Girl will be taking the helm and running the trip for us. You are in extremely good hands as she is an exceptionally qualified instructor, trip leader and seasoned SD veteran. You also have Mark aka Capn Jack, a very conscientious DiveMaster on the trip who has helped with other SD trips and events. So it is VERY safe to say that you are in excellent hands!

In order to make the transition easy for all involved I'll do a breakdown of who can help you and how:

1. Air accommodations will still be via Kim aka Fingrabber or myself.
2. Specific questions about the trip, accommodations, dive operator etc will still be handled by Kim aka Fingrabber or myself.
3. General questions about the destination or fun things to do in addition to diving can be handled by Nicolle aka Dive_Girl or myself.
4. Questions that arise on location will be handled by Nicolle aka Dive_Girl.
5. Assistance needed on location will be handled by Nicolle aka Dive_Girl.

As usual if you have any questions about this or any aspect of the trip, please let us know!

Now hurry up and register for this trip so Dive_Girl and Capn Jack have someone to go diving with! :respect:

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users